Rated 4 out of 5 by SK1984 great pools, bad food
the staff, hotel rooms and resort was wonderful. the pools were perfect, open 24 hours a day which is great.
sadly the food was awful - the burgers at the pool were terrible - the side orders of just potato wedges were $10 and not alot of choice.
Source was slightly better, but not worth the money - better to go outside to esperanza to eat to be honest.
June 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Missy1516 This W is not up to standards
There is very little to do other on premises. I had many problems in the room, however, once it was brought to the attention of the housekeeping supervisor, Jessica, everything was rectified. Jessica was excellent. The front desk staff is really sweet and David the concierge, is knowledgeable, funny and efficient. A different concierge never made our dinner reservation. The pool staff is nice, but insufficient . The pool food has nothing healthy available. More help needed at pool. The food in the only hotel restaurant, Sorce, isn't great, but it's expensive. There is a daily soup and Main Course special, but that is not enough. The menu needs to change daily or there should be multiple specials. Breakfast buffet is nice, but the fruit was unripened. How is that possible in Puerto Rico? No mango!. The town food isn't worth the trip, even though some of it is expensive . Beaches are beautiful. I'm glad I went, but I wouldn't go back.
July 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nacer61 This hotel is excellent in the Caribbean
Excellent. The services is excellent
July 7, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lisa1019 W Vieques
Beautiful, relaxing resort on the Atlantic side of Vieques. Perfect for couples. The staff is warm and accommodating. Rent a jeep to explore the island, its beautiful beaches and great restaurants. Bily's in El Malecon is a must for the freshest lobster!
July 6, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by LOCAL Not worthy of the W (or Starwood) flag
The good: restaurant and grounds.
The so-so: beach and tennis courts.
The bad: staff incredibly obtuse and rude. Yeah, I used obtuse.
The drama: way too much to go into here. Don't bother making plans as they will simply ignore or change them. Then, browbeat you or offend you in front of other staff and guests. Just plain horrible.
The upshot: None. Repeated requests to speak or interact with the GM of the property ignored, even when National Reservations intervened on my behalf. Waste of feedback time to National as they noted that this was not the first complaint. They were tracking the issues.
Good luck if you stay here. Just manage your expectations downward and you will be fine.
April 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ginnyo Vieques is great.
We had a nice vacation and the hotel was great.
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by minesweeper Gorgeous Resort, Amazing Staff, Perfectly Relaxing
We just got back from a weekend stay and we loved the W Vieques. It is the perfect place for a quick weekend getaway. The staff went above and beyond (especially Ricky and Edgardo) in all regards from booking our excursion to the bio luminescent bay. Platinum benefits were well recognized with an upgrade and breakfast. Overall, top tier service with a beautiful resort meant for a fantastic vacation.
June 30, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by KKlein They haven't figured out how to run this place YET!
Well first off the facility is really nice! Vieques island is beautiful. The better beaches are on the other side of the resort.
Now lets come back to the customer service piece which was absent for the hotel. Here's the recap of events:
1. They will charge you to flush the toilet if they could. Basically I am not sure what the resort fees is for. The island is pretty small, you would think that they would have some sort of shuttle or 2 mile radius pick up and drop off service but they dont. You either need a car or riculous $20 per person fees to get any where around there! The only thing free was the ride to and back to the airport.
2. We shceduled a tour for Bio bay the first night: A. we were not on the tour B. we were told that the tour will be charged to our hotel room but the tour told us they dont accept credit card payment. We were sent back from our tour embarrased since we didnt take any cash. To top that, the bio car that brought us back demanded money to bring us back since we didnt take the tour.
3. The hotel manager heard us complaining and offered to arrange the tour for next day. She also told us she will comp the tour (very nice of her) but the nect day when we got to the tour, we were not on the list AGAIN and they had no proof that the hotel will be paying them directly. We were again shamed in front of the whole group but they let us take the tour this time.
4. On the second night, water started seeping through the sick in to the room. I complained to front desk, they sent somebody who simply mopped the floor but the water was contantly pouring out.
5. When we returned that night, there was a small lake in our bedroom, the luggage and shoes were wet! we complained again and were told that the engineer is only available during day and will come back in the morning so we slept in our lake that night.
6. The next morning engineer shows up at 6:30 am in the morning and asks us to leave our room. So without a bra and dirty teeth, we were made to leave our room.
7. We go to front desk and they say our room will be ready in couple of hours. This is the time you would have offered free breakfast but they didnt. If this wasnt enough, they put us in a new room with 2 double beds. There goes our romantic couple vacation! I asked to be placed in a room with king bed and were told that nothing was available. I have a hard time believing that, sicne the last building we were put in was pretty empty. Plus we were moved from a pool oasis room to the furthest building from the pool.
8. We go back to pack our wet clothes and run into a nice chap (engineer) who was working in our room and informed us that there was a pipe break in the room. He was nice enough to offer to get our clothes drycleaned (we declined) and offered us to buy breakfast. He asked us to go to resturant and tell them to expense the bill to him
9. On 2 separate occasion, we were waiting for something at whatever/whenever desk and front desk, when the employees kept talking amongst each other like we were invisible and then walked away with each other. The person at whatever/whenever never acknowledged me till I had to interrupt her daily internet surfing session!
All in all, this resort sucks in customer service. They made our stay exceptionally uneasy and irritating. Not what you want on vacation! I dont want to deal with water leaks, moving to double beds, not getting booked for tours on a 3 day vacation! Plus the attitude of " its not my fault" doesnt help either! IT IS your fault!
Any ho, will give where its due, the resort is beautiful!
November 14, 2011