Rated 5 out of 5 by ATHOM Great overnight staycation
Great place, lovely ambience, friendly staff and a abolutely fabulous spa facilities
November 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jint Very relaxing stay
totally enjoyed my stay at w
November 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jdushant13 Great Stay
We i had a great stay , good experience , excellent hospitality . Top of the line staff
would love to come back again soon .
November 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Shooters Nice Stay But Room for Improvement
Had a great stay at W Hotel. The food was good and I think there are some areas which the hotel can improve on to make the stay for visitor more pleasant.
1) The transport to RWS was only one way. While I understand that it may be a logistic issue, but is there anyway the hotel can look at providing a return trip at designated hour because it was challenging to get back to the hotel especially when it was raining.
2) The pillow was too soft to my comfort. Its like sleeping on the bed without proper support. Appreciate if this can be improved.
November 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by California2Singapore Weekend Staycation
A wonderful destination for locals or visitors. Rooms are modernly appointed and ours faced the pool and harbor. The pool is pleasantly positioned so that each group of people have their own space. The float toys and hammocks are a great addition, and couples and children enjoyed these while we were at the pool.
The shuttle services are a nice way to see other parts of the island, and ran consistently throughout the day.
Just outside the entrance to the hotel is a boardwalk with several wonderful restaurants. We had dinner and drinks there each night and loved sitting just a short walk from the hotel.
October 12, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Edwinist Great hotel but stingy over little things
Overall, the hotel is good. However, there are some areas which our family thinks needs serious improvement.
1) We are only allowed to get complimentary parking coupon only once in a day. This is the first time I have stayed in a hotel in Singapore which only allowed guest to exit the carpark only once!
2) After we have checked out, we went to swimming pool for a swim, but was asked to leave by one of the hotel staff because we are not entitled to used the facility since we have already checked out. Again, this is the only hotel we have stayed in the entire world that does not allow guest to use the pool after checked out.
December 19, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mar13 Bad customer service
i had a very bad experence at W Hotel. this is the 2nd time i encounter same issue.
1. I arrive at 9am, The front desk personnel updated me that my room will be ready in 30mins. i provided them my handphone number and waited at the lobby for the room to be ready.
2. I waited to 940am and nobody call me. i approach the front desk and was told that they will need another 15mins.
3. I reuqested to know why is there further and question that will the room be ready after 15mins? the front desk start telling me that they will try and they are actually 'helping' me to provide me a room early.
5. I had requested to speak to the manager in charge. after 5 mins, an arrogant foreign lady appear. she claim she is the customer relationship manager and shut me off by telling me that they are 'helping' me. They will need another 30 mins. It is a take it or leave it attitude. I am very agitated with the response
I had requested to talk to the GM.
6. 5 mins later, the GM appear. i try to explain to him the issues i had encounter. he apparently does not sound appreaciately of what i Feedback.
I had mentioned below concern to him.
a. It is very important to live up to a customer commitment
b. This is second time such issue happen at W singapore that i had encountered.
c. His staff need to provide a realistic timing and not to take commitment lightly.
d. His customer relationship manager does not appear to enjoy handling a customer issue and had been very arrogant.
e. He need his staffs to live up to their basic commitment and not rely on him to make things happen.
He does not really want to address above issues but keep indicating to me below:
a. He will get the room really for me in next 5 minutes
b. He had aleady upgraded my room to a 'nice' suite room and what else i wanted.
I had corrected him again
a. His staff need to do the right thing when they commit a timing to the customer and make things happen. his staff cannot keep running away from responsibility.
b. The suite upgrade is not what he did for me. I am a platimum memeber and that is done even before the incident happen.
I had requested for all his staff name and detail to write in to express my fustration. He become very defensive and does not want to provide me other than his name card.
I am very disappointed with the service i receive for this short 1 day holiday.
The infrastrctre of the hotel is good in W Singapore, however the hotel can only truely differentiate itself if the people manageing and working in the hotel truely understand how to 'delight' their guest through sincere, professional and committed service.
October 11, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Asher12 Good but not WOW!
W Singapore has good facilities (e.g. gym, spa, swimming pool) which are generally well-equipped and beautifully maintained. The Fabulous Room which I booked was also spacious, clean and comfortable. A few areas of development for consideration by the hotel: 1. The check-in / check-out procedures can be more efficient; 2. Service staff were generally polite but it was difficult to understand their accent as English did not appear to be their first language. 3. Housekeeping was slow to respond to requests for additional toiletries which was eventually not delivered to the room, 4. High tea and drinks menu at the Woobar can include greater variety of food (e.g. sandwiches and scones). 5. Transportation around Sentosa from the hotel is very limited. The shuttle bus does not run frequently enough and guests have to rely on taxis to get around the island. In general, the hotel seemed to lack a personal touch to the guests experience that would be expected from a brand like W.
November 4, 2014