Rated 2 out of 5 by Mingchm Poor services and bad quality
As a worldwide top tier hotel brand, I was quite disappointed on Sheraton Bailuhu after my stay.
1. The spacious of room was in average. There was a big cockroaches (still alive) inside the room when first entered the room. The cleanliness of the hotel room made me wonder.
2. The lighting at hotel elevator lobby was poor. The lighting was not turned on even it was 7pm.
3. The staff at Yue restaurant were in average responsive, though some of them were not helpful.
4. Food quality at yue was in average. Some items were already sold out though it was just 7pm. I was told there was banquet so food was in shortage. But should the restaurant have it prepared in early advance??
5. The food delivery was in mess, either missed or wrong. Some items were not delivered at the end and we were not informed.
6. I requested a late checkout when making reservation and it was confirmed (confirmed by hotel with email), however a front desk staff told me it was the reservation staff mistake and declined. Not only the hotel should address their reservation operation, but also how their staff response and attitude to guest.
7. There were many mosquito in the room at night though all windows were closed. The staff told it was a resort so there would be mosquito. Is it an excuse??
As a 5-star hotel, room, services and quality are not up to standard. Many areas need a lot of improvement especially the hotel staff.
November 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by TonyWilson Nowhere to put luggage but floor
There is no where to put luggage but floor, causing very inconvenience. However, after phone request, it was immediately provided to room. Good service.
November 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by waigor Excellent in all aspects
Everything about this new resort was impressive, from the indoor pool, to the great club lounge service, to the restaurant quality, to the high quality of decor/facilities.
I don't think there are too many activities to do around the hotel, but if you're looking for a pure relaxation this is one of the best.
Definitely lives up to the Sheraton standard and probably a bit above it.
November 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Azura Stayed 3 night to checkout the Hotel
Girl friend and I love checking out new SPG hotels, delighted to find this hotel. The drive up there was a bit challenging since the location is a bit remote (being a resort) no surprise. The resort was not yet marked on the local maps google nor baidu. But found it without too much trouble after pinning the location. We picked a low season, so not many guest in the hotel, being plat. Member got upgraded to suite, and checkin aksed me what I want for plat gift (many other hotels clerks still have to wait for me to ask..).
The executive lounge lady was particularly helpful and friendly, the set snacks before dinner was great. The Chinese restaurant also offered very good food (i am guessing a very experienced chef.). The western cafe restaurant was also delicious, although we only order a club sandwich and a tomatoe soup, but it tasted like it was fresh made on the spot. 5/5 for both restaurant.
Although I gave all 5 starts, but a total tanking of 4 star because of the following:
Only 2 restaurant open, the usually cafe/buffet/breakfast and Chinese restaurant, the italian was closed throughout entire stay or not yet opened. On 3rd day we try to drive around and even into the city, we find the food choices were limited (for foreigner especially - plenty of local restaurant though), we had to go back to hotel and go to the Chinese restaurant again. Food selection probably only thing that we didnt stay longer.
Second factor was because of the swimming pool, there is definitely some lighting issues, during the afternoon outside natural light can not get in. The pool are very deep 1.6-1.8m. The shallow end being 1.6m is probably not good as a resort pool. Although hotel have large outside pool the weather did not allow our visit. The pool felt a bit scary, being so dark its almost like swimming in the ocean/open waters. Lastly, we also found some crawlers...
One last bad thing, we notice a staff with some hygiene problem perhaps, there was a very very heavy body odor... It lasted like 1 minutes even after she/he walked by...
Ending with a high note, given how new the hotel is, I definitely sense the staff are being well trained, I felt like I was on an spg property. Cheers keep up, looking forward to a future visit again during the summer.
May 20, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Law67 Disappointted trip
I booked the hotel for 4 rooms one month ago and did mention that we will arrive at 12:00. However, the front desk cannot arrange the rooms for us. As a result, we go for lunch first and expect that it will be ok. When we return at 2 pm, only 2 rooms are available and the last 2 rooms are given to us until 5 pm. For saying sorry, your staff has arranged welcom fruit to us at aroun 11:30 when most of us has slept. It seems that your staff pay too much attention to the tours rather than SPG members. Very disappointed! It is the first family trip I arranged with such bad experience.
August 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Haowei great view and service
We came here for weekend holiday. I really enjoy the moment.
September 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by c8c8 Swimming pool
Bad outdoor swimming pool.
August 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by cngzsunny Service in Executive Lounge is wonderful!
The service in Executive Lounge is wonderful! The two staffs are very nice and enthusiastic. My friends and I very appreciate their hospitality. It is a very impressive stay in this hotel.
July 15, 2014