Rated 5 out of 5 by 5805julie A very memorable 40th anniversary holiday
We arrived at Sheraton New Caledonia Deva from Le Meridien, Noumea. We did not know what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised on arrival at the Resort, the staff, our beautifully well appointed bungalow, the meals, facilities etc. we were so impressed and happy there that we stayed on an extra night and as luck was on our side, we actually stayed an extra 2 Nights due to cyclone Pam. Can not speak highly enough of the gorgeous staff, particularly Melanie. Thank you for a very memorable 40th wedding anniversary holiday..
May 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shamana42 Hotel features
Very beautiful features
The only regret for me is the staff uniforms that do not reflect the island character
I would have liked to see more flower more islander moods( kind of nice local dresses for the girls with flowers in the hair etc)
It's after all an hotel in New Caledonia that is an island not even interesting uniforms especially for international tourists
I would like also more lights on the path going from the bungalows to the restaurants
Very good reception from the staff everywhere
March 8, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Cynhsh Hotel below expectations
- Hotel toiletries were not replaced on a daily basis
- The state of the swimming pool was poor, there were a lot of leaves in the pool daily and the tiles at the bottom of the pool have come apart
- Given the isolated location there is only 1 restaurant opened for either lunch or dinner
- For dinner, the restaurant serves buffet daily with a limited a-la-carte menu which is not what we expect from a 5* hotel.
- On our 2nd night for dinner at the restaurant we decided to go a-la-carte. It was not crowded that night but given that we seem to be the only table not taking the buffet, service was way below standard. After ordering our wine and food, it took 30mins for the staff to inform us that the wine we ordered was not available and our food only arrived 50mins later. The standard of the food that was served was so poor that for the remaining 2 nights of our stay we bought what we could from the supermarket and ate in our rooms which is not what we expected to do on our holiday.
- The hot water was not working on the 2nd and 3rd day. This was fixed when we informed someone.
March 1, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mamzellscarlett This hotel is very nice but needs improvement
This hotel is new and lots of things were missing but the staff was very nice and responsive. The pool is slippery and can be dangerous. The diner buffet wasn't worth the price. Not enough choice but the breakfast was excellent. The WIFI in the room is charged ( 1000 FCP) and it should be included in the room's price for a Sheraton... Same for the wind board also charged, it's free in any other hotel of this standing. Same again for the room service, we had to pay an additional charge...But despite those little mistakes, we had a real good time and will come back soon.
December 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by cb1992 House keeping needs improvement
Shocking house keeping not impressed.
October 19, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by bta209 This hotel needs to be finished
Good room, but This Hotel is not finished yet. I had some issue to navigate though the paths during the night but I got lost : no light, no indication. Crew is perfect, but the rooms services need to be improved.
September 17, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kabeki Firts experience
At first the price wasn't the same announced by phone. At the breakfast which is a buffet, you only have one choice of a hot drink. If you want an another one, you must pay !!! Which isn't the principe of a buffet !!! The tv satellite didn't work well ( three channels on 15 didn't work !!!). And the price is the price of a fifth star hotel but the facilities and the staff are not like in a fifth star hotel. There is also no panels beetween the room to go the reception.
August 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Faby15 Cet hôtel possède de très bons restaurants et de très bons équipements.
cet hôtel augmente en qualité au fur et à mesure de son développement. j'ai pu le constater au cours de mes deux passages. L'un en début d'année, l'autre dernièrement. les délicieux repas m'ont conquise, les services et équipements également.Notamment ,une prestation lors d'un buffet du vendredi soir où une jeune femme a chanté ...c'était juste superbe: une voix douce et performante, un choix de répertoire subtil, pas trop fort pour ne pas déranger, mais assez présent pour apprécier. Bravo!
je reviendrai avec plaisir au Sheraton de Déva.
May 18, 2015