Rated 4 out of 5 by MumDadandTeen 6 pools plenty of restaurant choices great beach
The rooms - fresh, good size, nice Eco feel to the furnishings lots of blonde wood and glass. Bathrooms were large and clean we had both the sea view room and moved to a sea view suite.
The sea view room was a good size with two double beds the suite was two rooms with a separate lounge, two toilets, two tv's a double balcony with couch and chairs. A huge king bed and chaise lounge lots of cupboards wardrobes etc. a fantastic room.
The pools were amazing each separate from the other it was like the architect had said tick what pools and features you like and they had ticked them all !!
Lagoon pools with sun beds on a shallow deck, private curtained cabanas, swinging chairs, round chairs, red chairs, orange chairs you name it was there. Children's pool, rooms with access to private lagoon pool, infinity edge lap pool, another smaller lagoon pool and a pool that was just one big jacuzzi
The restaurants were varied in offerings both western style and Asian the presentation of the desserts especially at In Azia were phenomenal.
Location - sure it's in a new part of Hainan but you have a free city shutte if you want to shop. If you want to eat away from the hotel then a taxi is your only choice but really you be getting something cheaper than the hotel but once you add the effort and cost of travel why bother?
A note with the shuttle it takes you to the duty free shop and you will need to get a taxi to get into Sanya it cost a couple of dollars we are happy to walk (from the Duty Free store to the main shopping area) but it was not walking distance - about 3-4 klms and remember its hot and the maps and street signs are a bit tricky unless you read mandarin. We asked the taxi to drop us at McDonalds there are a few small ones and one big one it is good a central spot to shop and a good base to meet at.
In town please note - no amex, visa etc cash or local Chinese credit cards only so be prepared to use an ATM or CTM to get cash out
Service was great staff friendly and trying hard to please. Charma and Serena were particulary helpful. My son had a cold and the staff arranged to take us the the hospital (a bit extreme but that's how it works) the hospital was like a five star resort shiny and new. It cost less than $5 US/AUS to see the Dr and the antibiotic's and additional traditional medicines cost about $8! Better than home. A staff member accompanied us to translate -Kroeger- it's was really above and beyond expectations.
The beach was clean, long sandy clean stretches good seats to enjoy the sun with six pool to choose from it was hard to find time to walk down there!
Huge resort, amazing outdoor seating, pools, restaurant choices plenty of photo opportunities with incredible back drops and great service.
July 14, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Eric F&B need to improve
As loyal customer I decide to write some feedback to help them improve
I was upgraded to suite the location is at center so great view and quiet
1. I made arrangement on airport pick up and I waited 45 minutes when I arrived. Only things i hear is their explanation and apology. Take some action to bring back your loyal customer !!
2. I order some drink at the pool and the cup has crack on edge. i feel they are so careless
3. i order US $15 hotdog and US $ 25 hamburger at pool and they are worse than $5 bucks I bought from NY street
4. Breakfast are not even qualified ... They asked me what I like so they can make it for me .... I asked waffle and they made one which is unbearable ... I asked them take back to try and see if its tasty ...
Next morning they never came back ...
A. i THINK THEY HAVE BIG ISSUES ON MANAGEMENT/LEADERSHIP so whole group is below average and morale is low
B. F&B IS QUITE CRITICAL THEY HAVE TO FIND NEW CHEF FROM OUTSIDE AND REDO AGAIN
April 8, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by UnhappyStay Worst Hospitality
This is the worst hospitality I ever had in life. Airport pick up service is misleading as it is actusally asking guests to take the public bus. The SPG conceige at the airport is not helpful as it only help guests who stays at St Regis. I was left out by the bus to the hotel and I was blamed by the conceige staff about it. Lifeguard is rude as he tried to kick the guests out from the pool. The bath tap was broken.
November 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gebe This hotel excelled my expectation in every respect!
I was pleasantly impressed by the exceptional quality, both facility and service, I enjoyed at this hotel. My wife and I spent two nights here and we have nothing but praise for this hotel. Even the General Manager of the hotel provided us personalized service in taking us around and showing us the hotels multiple restuarants.
October 21, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Michael Facility So So ! The Staff is Unfriendly!
Do not expect the hospitality of the Front Desk Staff when you check in. They do not greet first. Lobby bar staff did not take a order to me because of chattering each other. I asked to staff, " Is here Self Service Restaurant ? " When you Check out, Please Check carefully the bill. It can be double Counting.
May 20, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BreeMaPa Need alot improvement, people have to train again!
The hotel building is good, room is big and many areas are well designed for relaxing. Pools are very huge and good, unforgettable beautiful sight and environment. The hotel is located in national coast area that it is far from the city. There are only 2 shuttles bus to the downtown area per day, 1 is 10:10 am and the other one is 3:10pm. The last return bus is 5:50pm. So, that's mean you need to take this bus back to hotel for dinner otherwise you need to pay over CNY100 for the taxi. The food in hotel, of course, is expensive but not so good.
The problem we have met over our stay in 4 days are following:
1. Unable to change another room. We requested the non smoking room but the front desk staff said our package is not on non smoking floor and due to the national holiday, the hotel was pretty full. The staff advised us to check the room first and said the room should be ok. But when we entered to the room, the smoke smell is strong. We had this experience before and so we asked for the purified machine. After 1 night, the smell was still very strong and we had big allergy in the next morning. We went to front desk and asked for changing the room even we can pay a little additional. The front desk staff said we can add CNY2xx to the non smoking floor but it is not face to ocean, it is face to the back construction site. We are a bit hesitated but the main concern is the smoke smell. We requested to take a look of the room first, but the front desk staff said all people are busy and no one is free to bring us to the room. After 2 hrs, we called to the front desk again and ask the process to check the non smoking room. Our Mandarin is not good, so, the front desk staff said they will check and follow. After a while, another staff come to lock our door and ask us ‘are we Japanese?’, we said nope, we are from Hong Kong and explain the details AGAIN, we just want to check the room first and we don’t mind to pay additional for the non smoking room. The staff said they will check with the front desk again. But at the end, no more follow. It is so upsetting us. We need to open the window door for day and night.
2. The room card and the whole card envelop are no hotel name and address . There are unbelievable that we bring the room card and the envelop to the downtown but there are no hotel address and hotel tel number printed on. If you think all the details would be included on the key card and the envolop then go out to the downtown, I wish you can come back to the hotel because there are at least 2 Sheraton in Sanya and you better read and remember the full name of this SHERATON hotel where it is located in National coast.
3. The order in noodles restaurant is messy. We ordered 1 noodle, 1 dumpling and some BBQ food. However we waited for 45 min, the noodle not arrived yet. We keep chasing but then another dumpling arrived. We said we already had the dumpling but we haven’t had the noodle. We waited another 15 min, the noodle has arrived. After tasting the noodle and dumpling, we found that the dumpling was good, so, we decided to order 1 more dumpling. But we wait for 30 min again, nothing arrived. We ask many times, and finally a waitress said “The chief said they delivered the second dumpling but we rejected and we want to order again?” It is ridiculous answer and we immediately asked for the bill and left the restaurants. What kind of service is it?
4. The fitness club has limited open hour. If you plan to have a good exercise and plan to go fitness club frequent on the day, it is not the hotel you wish to go. When in the late even around 9:30, the fitness club i closed. I want to do some exercise but was referred to recreation room, they have few machine to located in the big front door. Every ppl can see and so strange that just like placing a running machine in a pub! Rediculous!!!!
5. The bill in Feast buffet is dramatically horrible mistake! Since we stayed 4 days 3 nights and all the time we dine in hotel. When we are on the date to check out, we need to be very careful on the charges. There are some minor mistakes, but we also found an unbelievable mistake. We had a buffet dinner on the second date, it was about RMB580 for 2 persons and we signed the bill on the buffet night. When we checked out it was charged us RMB970. If we are hurry in time and without check the details, what’s the result will be? We said we only had buffet for 2, why it will be charged for nine hundred? We waited and stood in the front desk for 1 hr and ask them show us the bill we signed, but they said they can’t find. We decided to go to the lobby lounge for the free afternoon tea first (it is come with our package, not any compensation!). After 30 min, the staff come and said finally they found our bill, it was RMB580.
Though everything was fine at last, but it is absolutely unpleasant trip. I have to pay thousand attention on every deails. I feel I need another rest after this trip. It is hard for us to come back Sanya again. I am so regret to spend my valuable vacation time and money in this hotel and in Sanya.
Sheraton should compesate us for this unpleasant trip!
December 12, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by HKers Management below par
1. Accepted a larger group of conference than you can handle, resulting in:
a. 800 gues for a breakfast cap. of say 120 person at one time.
b. no seating arrangemnet.
2. Under trained staff, cannot even answer where are the Chinese restaurant and conference room.
3. Poor facility design: warm in the corridor, cannot shelter from rain.
June 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by xiatao123 Nice hotel, food not good
Nice brand new hotel with great facility for kids. My 18 months baby had lots of fun in the kids center and pool.
Some staffs need to improve their service mindset. Hotel offers SPG member RMB 80 credit for Children dine with parents. It was a good offer, but when we had the buffet one night, the staff told me that the baby already had buffet free, so we cannot have the RMB 80 credit for kids meal. We cannot have 2 offers at the same time. Anyway, I paid RMB 65 for a boiled salmon for my baby. Free buffet for a 1.5 year old baby is common sense for most hotels. I don't feel it is an offer. Plus there is not many baby friendly food in the buffet except fruits.
June 11, 2013