Rated 5 out of 5 by Raffster One of the most amazing places in the world.
The tag " Luxury Collection" sits very well with the Andaman resort. Having stayed in many all over the world, if SPG were looking to create an Uber level, this place would make the cut.
1. The staff. Professional, happy and want to please. Led by an outstanding leader in food and Beverage, Faizul Othnam, who made our stay special, all the staff from front desk to support staff are of impeccable quality.
2. Rooms are very comfortable. They are not absolutely modern, but hey , you are in the middle of a rainforest with a most amazing beach at your doorstep. Great balconies have great views.
3. SPG recognition is outstanding and thank you to management for looking after us with an upgrade .
4. The rainforest! This place is beyond just special. Whether you are walking to breakfast or coming back from dinner, the forest abounds with bird life and wildlife not seen anywhere else in the world. My recommendation is take one of the free, yes free nature walks provided by the hotel and really understand what surrounds you.
5. The beach. Warm water and white sand and great views.
6. The spa! A real treat. For those that love a great massage but also want the spa experience, the villas overlooking the Andaman sea make this a truly exotic experience.
7. The food selection. So many great restaurants and you can sample everything from the humble burger to great Malaysia food and prepared by some great chefs, and in particular Renee, a Danish maestro with seafood.
8. When things do go wrong and we had a little blip with service one night, rest assured management lead from the front to ensure true happiness is restored.
I wish I could hand out 6 stars as the Andaman resort deserves the highest acclaim.
We will certainly return!
January 18, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Decmber2014 Very unsatisfactory
Hotel is dirty, extremely aged, lacks staff discipline. Restaurants are bad, dirty, serve unpalatable food, except Jala. That restaurant and its chef is the only shining start in this establishment.
January 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MB23 One of our best vacations ever, if not the best!
My wife and I stayed at this Resort from December 20 - 25 2014.
The resort and the beach were a little paradise but what truly made our stay was the experience and the outstanding customer service we received from the entire staff and the general Manager himself, who made us feel welcomed each and every day.
We were upgraded to a suite with a private pool and ocean view, which made our stay.
We were offered a Free mini-bar (without alcohol) so we didn't have to pay for water, soft drinks, snacks...
The bed is amazingly comfortable.
The staff is very well trained and gives exemplary customer service.
The food in each restaurant is outstanding, especially the breakfast buffet which offers so much variety.
Monkeys came to our balcony for a few visits which was a fun experience, They're harmless and stay away from you as long as you don't give them food.
It was paradise even when it rained!
We'll definitely be back
January 6, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Luca74 Great location but needs improvements
The hotel is located in a very remote area, quite far from anything else. If you don't have a car is difficult to move around.
The hotel is quite old but overall is ok.
Food is extremely overpriced for the quality offered.
The beach is wonderful, but the presence of coral debris in the water makes difficult to walk in the water.
Overall the structure is ok, but definitely overpriced compared to similar structures in Thailand or Indonesia.
January 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nicolas60 Very nice stay at a wonderful hotel
Wonderful hotel with warm personal touch from general manager Ann Scott.
December 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by AsiaTravelExpertforUs Poor Quality and Bad Experience
We were very disappointed in both the quality and service of the hotel including the room, facilities, food and pool are. We would not stay there ever again....
December 25, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by KaikohJB Place for relaxation
I visited to The Andaman with wife and 9 yrs old daughter. They really had fun there during our stay for 2 nights.
My daughter enjoyed swimiming at pool and picking up shells at beach. My wife enjoyed sitting at beach and poolside. They also liked atmosphere. We were surprised to see monkeys from the room we stayed at.
About cuisine, various food was served at breakfast. We had very good time in the morning. We had buffur style BBQ dinner at Tepian Laut on 2/Feb. Wife and daughter were pleased with location and some dishes. Alnd we also enjoyed Malay traditional dance show. Although it was delayed to start, it was worth waiting for it for us.
We could book only two stays due to Chinese New Year holidays season at this first trip to The Andaman. But we experienced mood of resourt. We'd like to be back to The Andaman, Langkawi.
February 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashy17 Beautiful
We have just returned from our third visit to The Andaman and are already planning another. We were lucky to have our room upgraded to a Sea Facing room which was fantastic, I had the opportunity one morning to watch the Otters swimming in the bay.
The staff are very warm and welcoming and go out of there way to help you. The rooms are very clean. The V Spa is a must for anyone visiting the Andaman. Enjoyed all the restaurants, Jala (Seafood) is outstanding.
This is a fantastic place to relax in beautiful surroundings and to take in all the wildlife. I cannot praise The Andaman highly enough, I love this place.
October 19, 2014