Rated 1 out of 5 by WorldTraveler20c The Food is Awful
Nice hotel but the dinner buffet is grossly overpriced. Main courses were not resupplied after previous guests. Desserts were all artificial. Worst ice cream I ever tasted. At breakfast there was orange-colored water instead of juice, instant coffee from a machine and when we asked for a pitcher of hot milk we got chalky colored water from the powdered milk in the coffee machine. We had booked for 6 nights but left right after our first breakfast, never to return.
May 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kvmechelen Probably Best Resort in Mediterrean, but still room for improvement
On the windy side of the Island, but not a nuissance as exposure is only felt at the beach and on the balcony of the rooms.
Convenient: Close to Rhodos City
Shops and Supermarkets a 10 minute walk.
Not perfect: A main street is situated between the hotel and the beach. Beach Access via tunnel underneath the street. Some street noise at the mainpool possible.
Hotel close to airport, but no noise from aircraft.
Demographics: Mostly Israelis staying for less than one week, rest Western Europeans and some Greek Americans
1. Having visited >15 Starwood Resorts incuding most in the mediterrenean, this hotel features by far the most friendliest staff. Even the maids seem to enjoy a chat with customers. Having worked myself at the frontline in the service industry I know that this isn't easy to follow thru all the time.
2. Overall property very nice with nice views of the Agean. Hotels features a very very wide range of amenties
3. Animation Team good, without being too pushy.
4. Three pools plus one indoor and one babypool. good water temperature.
5. Finally a hotel with a true separate Gold/Platinum reception and a very pro-active concierge,
6. very nice Restaurant location overlooking the Aegean Sea with super sunset views
Room to improve:
Albeit the Rhodes hotel is a really good one topping e.g. la caleta in Tenerife, there a some untaken opportunities to make this a true gem.
1. Undifferentiated Pools. Aside from the main pool, there are 2 similar pools with a depth of 1m30 (to shallow to swim, to deep for kids) on the 6th and ground floor. Make the one on the 6th floor an infinity pool for adults and the ground floor a shallow kids only pool ( see Sheraton Albufeira)!
2. Kids Club and Animation: Animation was good, but could have been a little more. Mini-disco only three times a week. And why do the Starwood Properties always hide the Kids Club in the most remote corner of the property? better: relocate Kids Club to the second pool (see above).
3. Pool Chairs: White matrasses of the pool chairs are not attached to chair. Hence, when sitting on the mattrasses, one just slides down the chair. Luckily , there are also chairs with better mattrasses.
4. Food: With all the great Greek Food in mind, it's a bummer that this USP isn't exploited at the hotel. Hotel actually only features one a la carte restaurant, with the right part being an Italian and the left being a Greek restaurant with both having limited choice in main dishes. I tried almost all main dishes and almost every Greek Tavern in Rhodes City manages better. Very nice presentation though and wine selection, excellent starters. I really don't understand why the don't use a charcoal grill to up the experience for the main courses.
Snacks where low budget, cheap stuff as unfortunately with many Starwood Properties (unforgettable: Supermarket Ready-Mix Mai-Tai at St. Regis Cocktail Barin Kauai). In a country that prides itself of its meat, hamburgers are served with deepfrozen tasteless patties. Pizza horrendous (how hard can it be?).
5. Great Spa, but a little bit too expensive. Again skilled staff but a pricing that cleary shows that one minute costs you one euro just doesn't provide that relaxing feeling.
Avoid rooms in floors 1-4, especially the ones close to the elevator. The main airco generator is located here and makes tremendous noise that fills all room in the area. As a matter of fact, these rooms shouldn't be offered at all to guests.
Beaches in Greece always features a lot of stones. So don't expect sandy beaches from the Caribbean.
To sum up: Very great hotel with even more potential that shouldn't be too difficult to realize.
Good value for money.
Outstanding: Staff, throughout the hotel and functions.
August 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by andreif13 SUN, SMILES AND SUPERLATIVES AT SHERATON RHODES
When planning our summer vacations we had a lot of question marks regarding the destination, the period, the hotel, the activities etc.
After 12 days at the Sheraton Rhodes all these worries have vanished and we have only best memories and the satisfaction of a wonderful holiday. Everything was just perfect, from the elegant room with such a beautiful sea view until the genuine friendliness of the well trained staff.
We enjoyed our vacation very much and for this reason we shall always recommend Sheraton Rhodes as a hotel where anyone can really have the time of his life.
July 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BBBs A real treat
I booked this hotel for a week's holiday with my daughter of 12, travelling alone we felt completely safe and spoilt. The hotel is beautiful, the food at breakfast very good, only stayed B&B so cant comment on evening meal although dined one evening at L'Onda which was excellent with stunning sunset views on the balcony. Plenty of sunbeds and pool choice. Great to have the choice of relaxing poolside or on the private beach. The staff were extremely polite and friendly without exception. Highly recommended.
July 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Miri95 Great vacations in Sheraton Rhodes
The hotel has all the facilities we need for a great summer vacation. The beach just in front of the hotel and very good swimming pools. The views from the hotel are wonderful , especially from the Italian Restaurant, which es highly recommended for the gourmet food they served. I"ll suggest to improve quality of warm food and desserts at the main Restaurant. Nevertheless a very good hotel in a beatiful place near Rhodes city. I will recommend it to everyone.
August 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michael161232 Exceptional Hotel
From the time of our arrival we were treated like Royalty. Liza at the designated Platinum desk was a star. She explained everything in detail about the hotel and surroundings and even escorted us to our upgraded Aegean Suite. The hotel grounds are beautifully kept and the cleanliness of the rooms was very good. The staff was very friendly and engaging. We'll be back!
September 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by nick101 Loved our stay what a great hotel
This is the second time we have visited this hotel, The first occassion was with all of my family in 5 rooms. It was superb value for money with really nice staff in fact so much so myself and my wife booked another week. We were upgraded to a suite on our next visit which just added further to a great holiday. So to sum up lovely staff, fab facilities, stunning pool area, tastey food and overall 5* value for money.
February 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by david Hotel review !
Hotel accommodations, restaurants and staff were excellent. Snack menu could be expanded for added choice, especially of the lighter variety.
Beach facilities were also excellent, however, access to the water needs improvement through the building of a couple of cement steps or cement piers to aid access into and out of the ocean, especially for persons less able.
July 6, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by lontra Hotel with problem with noise
The external part is good, however the rooms on the first four floors are really noise (a central air condicional that spreads noise - like inside an airplane). The rooms are connect trough doors that does not isolate sound, you hear your neighbors talking on teh telephone. The price paid for a room is not fair. I would not recoomed this hotel.
July 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SukiB2012 Good facilities all round
As expected with a Sheraton hotel , high standard on the facilities and the staff accomadating and pleasant. Fitness centre provided latest gym equipment, however the spa itself need to be managed internally rather than use contract therapists as I felt the treatments offered were not exact to what was provided.
July 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by foujou Our Rhodos Sheraton experience
We were very warmly and authentically welcomed and pampered from the first minute until our boarding the taxi!
Great palce to stay : wonderful staff and management. Very nice and breezy beach.
tasty cuisine, great entertainment team and kids club. We enjoyed the gym.
No hesitation :We will come back
August 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by zini1964 Outstanding
The hotel and its' facilities are great but what makes the difference is the human factor. Have never encountered such a WONDERFUL staff - from the moment we entered the hotel at reception, through chambermaids, waiters at all outlets, lifeguard - everybody! P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! will definately return
July 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by nick101 Excellent fab hotel
This is a beautiful 5* hotel with all the facilities needed for a summer holiday. food was execellent quality and value and staff very friendly and helpful.. We booked 5 rooms for a week and the family really enjoyed there time at the hotel. all our thanks to the manager and his staff.
July 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Billie13 This hotel has superb service
The staff were extremely helpful, especially as I am disabled and have to use a walking stick. The room met all my needs. Breakfast and the buffet dinner was excellent and offered a wide variety of choice.
We will certainly return to stay again at the Sheraton Hotel Rhodes.
June 24, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Louloute We were impressed!
Overall we were quite happy with our stay at the Sheraton Rhodes. The hotel has great facilities (squash and tennis courts), the staff are very friendly and the restaurants serve excellent food! We were however disappointed in the comfort of the bed in our room.
July 26, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by mpy1 Great hotel, beach not as much, prices not at all
Overall great stay at this hotel. Pleasant, peaceful and elegant. Good food, spacious rooms, attentive staff and large pools. Minutes from Rhodes city.
On the cons side:
1. Free internet only in small area of the lobby. Internet is limited to 45 minutes each 30 minutes. Only one connection is allowed and therefore, family members can not simultaneously use the free service. We are in 2013. This feels like 100 years ago
2. Breakfast is until 10:30. This means that guests can enter the dining area until 10:30. However, the staff starts picking up all the food right on 10:30. This does not make sense. Food has to be available at least until 11:00 for those entering at 10:30
3. Dinner does not include beverage. This means you have to purchase it. No tap water is available. Only bottled mineral water for the astronomic price of EUR 3.50. Just for comparison, a 6 pack 1 litter mineral water costs EUR 2.40. This to me is outrages. The hotel can not force people to purchase water for this price. It is basic in any restaurant to offer tap water for free
July 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by reut sheraton review
great hotel, very nice staff, very polite, great room.
elevators impossible. alot of time spent waiting.
we asked for a sea view room. got a room with awindow facing the balcony wall, and balcony facing mountains. gladly, room replaced.
July 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Danial64 This was an excellent hotel
Everything was first rate.The hotel staff was incredible in all aspect especially the ladies and gentleman at the front desk. The pools were immaculate and the food was delicious. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else on Rhodos.
August 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Noursi great Hotel
Great Hotel, Responsive staff, very good location, room clean, overall very happy with the experience
September 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SydneyRick Excellent resort hotel
We don't often stay at resorts, so our expectation level wasn't high. That said, we were very pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the hotel and its service. Our SPG room upgrade was an added plus.
May 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by chris95816 Great experience
This is a real great hotel. Great food, nice staff and good relaxing. The only exception was the barkeeper Dimitros in the 6th floor. Completly unfriendly. But the rest of the staff is really, really nice.
June 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Priviz Nice exprerience
very nice exprerience at the sheraton rhodes. every day of my stay at the hotel was above my expectations and the staff was kind and efficient.
great pools and location.
I'm sure I'll be there again.
July 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by fsid The smiling faces hotel
Everything was excellent, with a smiling face staff, ready to help and give solutions to every problem that came up. !!!!! !!!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!
June 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Natalia nice hotel with a pleasant atmosphere
everything was very good, especially i would like to emphasize the staff of the hotel, they are always nice and ready to help and overall create a very cheerful atmosphere of the place.
August 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by shuki0712 great stuff
the stuff was great.helpful,friendly.good food and good accomodation
August 5, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nicolau Under average
The name is attracing people but we soon learned this was not a five star in any way.
- nice garden, nice pool area, good air, superb weather;
- staff nice, not to wonder given the job situation in a place like Rodos;
- some dishes were very good, i.e. mousakka;
- animation team real good.
- room #306 is located right above the squash courts underneath. There is a constant banging in the walls from the balls hitting to be heard on the room, for hours in a row. Traveled with child age 8, we had to rent both squash courts for an hour in the afternoon to be able to have silence.
- the smell in the room comes thorughthe air conditioning, you need to change the filters and and clean the unit;
- the quality of the carpeting on almost all floors is unacceptable, the stains are many and visible. Immediate measures should be taken to either change it or professionally clean it all.
- poor quality of dinner buffet on some of the nights alternating with decent quality on others. It is a pitty ot have the lamb chops grilled in advance and then re-heat them right before in front of people. Instead, one two or three nights during the week, have a large barbeque grill station set up in the left upper corner of the pool area (as you look from the hotel toward the sea), with three cooks and serving right off the grill lamb chops. DO NOT reheat food.
- pool restaurant: service is chaotic, there is one waiter taking the order and another brings the drinks. We waited as long as 12 minutes for a beer while the bar is about 15 meters away. Some of the dishes are sub standard. Other are good but the quality varies with the will of the chef, Like one day the sea food salads has shrimp, the next day, does not. You may be covered as it is written in the menu, the seafood of the day but it is strange to imagine shrimp is not available on all days.
- at the same restaurant all vegetable salads were always warm, vegetables are not kept cold
- there was always a problem with lemon, took days to be able to explain we wanted a "half a lemon", as we always were given small slices from the bar.
- same goes for your "upper scale" Italian restaurant, some dishes only have the fancy name and no connection to what this really has to be. We can motivate this by the fact we are in Rodos, not in Paris, it is what it is, but this is not what people expect. even there we explained we wanted a lemon cut in two halves and received three small slices of lemon from the bar.
- the quality of the sunbeds is bad, you need to change the matresses, many are rotten inside, stained and ugly. I am not commenting on the beach quality.
Overall a good hotel for kids willing to play in the pool but in essence offering low value for money, average food and uncertain possibilities for a rest.
August 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by MrTim Family contentment
Nice resort with a good choice of pools and a small Private beach area.
The hotel is well laid out with a mini-market and other stores on site.
The buffet breakfast is good and there are various other dining options for lunch & dinner.
We took a suite which was large and comfortable but were surprised that they did not provide basic provisions like drinking water.
Entertainment was available during the day & at the pool bar on most nights but table service at both the pool & lounge was slow and inconsistent.
Having visited some of the other local resorts in our opinion this is a good choice that maintains a good standard
August 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Debbie713 Perfect Vacation
A small paradise on earth. Great location with amazing views, excellent service that made our vacation unforgettable. All staff were very helpful and friendly. An experience beyond belief...I recommend this hotel with no hesitation. I will go back for sure.
August 4, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Robert poor and chargeable internet main bug
You have to pay to use internet in your room and yet there is not enough bandwidth to go round. It was fine until a congress checked--in. I know that some delegates had issues ... this is a hotel where most guests have multiply devices
You only get free bottle of water on day one???
Nice big balconies yet no sun loungers on them?
We stayed a week, and while the quality of the food is good, breakfast could be more fun if a little variety was introduced each day ... a different greek pastry each day
The staff are lovely and friendly and speak great english
May 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by CPA082014 Excellent hotel thanks to the staff!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton
Rhodos. Everything was just excellent.
The room, the meals, the service, the
care and cleanliness: great !
But above this we loved the OUTSTANDING staff in the restaurant! Thanks a lot to Katerina, George, Manolis, Nektarios, Dimitris and most of all George Stavlas!
Because these people make the difference!
Thank you very much for your professionalism and your kindness.
Always a smile and friendly.
We wish them all the best!
Fam. Van den Meutter
October 29, 2014