Rated 5 out of 5 by LeonDamm Smart Family Resort
A beautiful and modern ambiente, clean rooms, pools and beaches, perched on the hillside with a beautiul view from the restaurants to the seaside. An overall hotel of the first rate with a competent and friendly staff.
August 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by kvmechelen Probably Best Resort in Mediterrean, but still room for improvement
On the windy side of the Island, but not a nuissance as exposure is only felt at the beach and on the balcony of the rooms.
Convenient: Close to Rhodos City
Shops and Supermarkets a 10 minute walk.
Not perfect: A main street is situated between the hotel and the beach. Beach Access via tunnel underneath the street. Some street noise at the mainpool possible.
Hotel close to airport, but no noise from aircraft.
Demographics: Mostly Israelis staying for less than one week, rest Western Europeans and some Greek Americans
1. Having visited >15 Starwood Resorts incuding most in the mediterrenean, this hotel features by far the most friendliest staff. Even the maids seem to enjoy a chat with customers. Having worked myself at the frontline in the service industry I know that this isn't easy to follow thru all the time.
2. Overall property very nice with nice views of the Agean. Hotels features a very very wide range of amenties
3. Animation Team good, without being too pushy.
4. Three pools plus one indoor and one babypool. good water temperature.
5. Finally a hotel with a true separate Gold/Platinum reception and a very pro-active concierge,
6. very nice Restaurant location overlooking the Aegean Sea with super sunset views
Room to improve:
Albeit the Rhodes hotel is a really good one topping e.g. la caleta in Tenerife, there a some untaken opportunities to make this a true gem.
1. Undifferentiated Pools. Aside from the main pool, there are 2 similar pools with a depth of 1m30 (to shallow to swim, to deep for kids) on the 6th and ground floor. Make the one on the 6th floor an infinity pool for adults and the ground floor a shallow kids only pool ( see Sheraton Albufeira)!
2. Kids Club and Animation: Animation was good, but could have been a little more. Mini-disco only three times a week. And why do the Starwood Properties always hide the Kids Club in the most remote corner of the property? better: relocate Kids Club to the second pool (see above).
3. Pool Chairs: White matrasses of the pool chairs are not attached to chair. Hence, when sitting on the mattrasses, one just slides down the chair. Luckily , there are also chairs with better mattrasses.
4. Food: With all the great Greek Food in mind, it's a bummer that this USP isn't exploited at the hotel. Hotel actually only features one a la carte restaurant, with the right part being an Italian and the left being a Greek restaurant with both having limited choice in main dishes. I tried almost all main dishes and almost every Greek Tavern in Rhodes City manages better. Very nice presentation though and wine selection, excellent starters. I really don't understand why the don't use a charcoal grill to up the experience for the main courses.
Snacks where low budget, cheap stuff as unfortunately with many Starwood Properties (unforgettable: Supermarket Ready-Mix Mai-Tai at St. Regis Cocktail Barin Kauai). In a country that prides itself of its meat, hamburgers are served with deepfrozen tasteless patties. Pizza horrendous (how hard can it be?).
5. Great Spa, but a little bit too expensive. Again skilled staff but a pricing that cleary shows that one minute costs you one euro just doesn't provide that relaxing feeling.
Avoid rooms in floors 1-4, especially the ones close to the elevator. The main airco generator is located here and makes tremendous noise that fills all room in the area. As a matter of fact, these rooms shouldn't be offered at all to guests.
Beaches in Greece always features a lot of stones. So don't expect sandy beaches from the Caribbean.
To sum up: Very great hotel with even more potential that shouldn't be too difficult to realize.
Good value for money.
Outstanding: Staff, throughout the hotel and functions.
August 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by RODNEY17 Copes very well despite the August madness!
This is a very large resort hotel and despite being at full capacity, it was hard not to be impressed with the manner the staff and infrastructure coped.
Apart from some queues for breakfast and at the lifts at peak times, the hotel delivered especially around the 3 pools ( never was there a problem securing pool/private beach lounges over a 4 night stay).
Even more impressive for me were the staff under this extreme pressure - unflappable, warm and very pleasant and obliging. A favourite was Pavlos at the front door.
Room Tip: Avoid at all costs the non sea view rooms! Without doubt the upper level Aegean suites are covet... ( as a Platinum member after the 1st night we moved from probably the worst room 1286 to one of the best 1205)
August 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Elfie Good base for exploring Rhodes
A good base for exploring Rhodes. Hotel was classic Sheraton: big, functional and friendly. Our rooms were adequate, bit bland, but beds very comfortable. Lovely cleaners. Lambros, our breakfast waiter, was so attentive. Never had better service. Rikie and Richard in the animation team were also great. Indifferent welcome from reception staff on arrival which was rather surprising. Excellent breakfast.
August 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BBBs A real treat
I booked this hotel for a week's holiday with my daughter of 12, travelling alone we felt completely safe and spoilt. The hotel is beautiful, the food at breakfast very good, only stayed B&B so cant comment on evening meal although dined one evening at L'Onda which was excellent with stunning sunset views on the balcony. Plenty of sunbeds and pool choice. Great to have the choice of relaxing poolside or on the private beach. The staff were extremely polite and friendly without exception. Highly recommended.
July 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Malki This hotel has great staff
I arrived at the Sheraton Hotel with my family for five days. I would like to recommand the hotel. The staff in the hotel were extraordinaraly nice and kind and did what they can to makes us feel good. The food was delicious and diverse. The room was clean.
The only thing that was less suitable in the hotel is the family room that was a liittle bit croweded and the bed for the children was small and uncomfortable.
August 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JessicaC Great experience!
Great hotel location with an amazing vew right in front of the sea facing the sunset.
Very nice facilities, 3 pools but stilt not always enough chairs for everybody.
Nice food at the pool restaurant and great service at the italian restaurant with its beautiful terrace facing the sea.
We also enjoy the small and friendly animation team that does its best to put a little animation around the pool such as aqua gym and waterpolo.
Great live shows in the evening by the pool.
It is also very easy to rent a motorcycle/car from the reception desk, very efficient and simple rental system.
Nice buffet breakfast, fresh juices are not included.
July 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlanHow I would give MORE than 5 stars if that was possible
We just returned home after a fantastic, wonderful family holiday at this hotel. Everything at the hotel was excellent.
Lisa (the SPG Elite rep) was a fantastic help to us & she really went above & beyond in order to make sure that our stay was superb in every way. I am happy to say that it was mainly because of her help that our stay was so wonderful. Her assistance to all the guests should be recognized & commended by Sheraton & Starwood.
Other noteworthy employees were Katerina, Ilias & Dimitri in the breakfast restaurant & the front dest staff. All went out of their way to be friendly & helpful.
The hotel is well located & easily accessible by taxis & buses. I particularly liked the fact that all taxi prices are regulated & known for all journeys in advance. There are many mini-markets & restaurants withing 3-5 minute walk from the hotel
The rooms are comfortable & excellently maintained. I found the pillows not entirely to my liking. They were either too soft or too hard. But this is just my personal preference.
The pools are fun & clean. but the absence of lifeguards should be addressed. We also enjoyed the games room & nightly entertainment.
Lastly, the food. We only had breakfast & it was superb. Especially appreciated were the gallons of freshly squeezed orange juice & amazing Feta cheese, Greek yogurt & smoked fish. The breakfasts will be really missed now that we have returned home.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay & looking forward to returning again soon!
August 13, 2014