Rated 3 out of 5 by Coxy Great hotel for kids not for adults
I can see the rooms haven't been refurbished since my first visit here in about 1995. More than 20 years of heavy traffic have taken their toll on the rooms. I can find no aspect of this hotel to explain why it is a 5 star hotel. Most of the hotels in the area are closed for major refurbishments. This hotel desperately needs to do the same.
Breakfast is decent enough, children's activities are plentiful but it certainly doesn't feel like a 5 star hotel let alone a category 5 hotel.
March 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Very Kind Disneyland Partner Hotel
We are very appreciate and delighted by the service provided by Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel. We are staying 2 nights here for Disneyland and return to our home Country on the last night by airport limousine bus. Our flight is at 11:40 p.m. but we found out that the last bus depart from the hotel to the airport is 6:35 p.m. The hotel was kind enough to extend our late check out till 6 p.m. in order for us to enjoy the Disney park more and have time to back to our room to pack. Further more, we had been upgrade to a suite room as a SPG Platinum Elite member with a very nice Disneyland view just right in front of our room balcony.
December 1, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sales007 Poor Platinum Respect
Unfortunately, the experience with the Sheraton Grande went from positive to negative rather quickly. The hotel does not show much respect towards Platinum members (who spend 50-100+ nights a year in SPG).
Upon arrival, the staff are very courteous. Many of them speak English, which is a major plus. The hotel manager was super kind as we were celebrating a special occasion, putting a "Congratulations" letter in the room (+1 star). They upgraded us to a suite (I used Suite upgrades) - I was ecstatic. However, the suite consisted of 2 beds (which they then pushed together into one), and was also on the smoking floor (the room is non-smoking). There is a lot of construction going on as well, so you may notice construction workers roaming the halls.
Now, the reason I am rating them lowly, is that the second you checkout, you are no longer needed on the property. For example, we came back to the hotel a bit past 4PM (our checkout time is 4PM) and asked if we could just rest in the "Club" lounge since they booked us on the 6:35PM shuttle to Haneda. At the entrance, they said no and no exceptions. I went to the SPG Gold/Platinum Desk to ask if we could go in and get a water or coffee, and they refused.
While I understand that they follow rules strictly here, there was no "sorry" or anything. It was a strict "No, you are no longer staying on the property." I thought it was rather disrespectful, especially as a Platinum member.
Fortunately, they offer 1 hour of free wifi in the lobby (thus writing the review). I don't blame them for following the rules, but they should definitely treat Platinum members with more respect.
As for the hotel overall, the gym is very poor. There are no freeweights, and the pools are closed during the winter season - no biggie there. The buffet on the 12th floor for Platinum members is decent - lots of variety with soup, dimsum, American eggs/sausage, orange juice, etc. The staff don't really make an effort to say Hi compared to other SPG properties in Japan.
As for the rooms, the rooms are clean. They're a bit old and dated, thus the renovation. I am eager to see how the new rooms will look - this is a good investment.
As for location, if you are going to only go to Disneyland/Sea, this is a great location. Make sure to buy a daily pass for the monorail since it's 260yen each way. If you're not purely spending the week/weekend at Disney, I'd recommend moving to a hotel closer to the city. It is extremely far from the city (~1.25 hours) and expensive unless you have a JR pass and buy a daily pass for the monorail.
Overall, I had very high expectations for this hotel but my experience was soured. I'll treat this as a one-off and maybe will give it another chance.
February 22, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dave100 Everything will cost you at this hotel
My family and I have only been staying at this hotel for 2 days (out of 11 booked) and already we wish that we had stayed somewhere else. Right from the start there was no greeting or help with our luggage from a doorman (not sure if they have one), we had to carry our entire luggage up one floor before we found reception and then waited around 15mins to be served. After check in we had our (approx) $100 USD breakfast. After breakfast we found out that it was going to cost us (approx $55 USD / day to use the outdoor pool, it would have been nice to know about this before we booked, as we would have stayed somewhere else. So to sum it all up there is no service when you arrive and most of their facilities (i.e. pool) appear to have a fee attached.
September 10, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Yokolu Not reached their hotel knowledge
Only 2 staff who really know 5 star quality service. Mr. Noguchi and Ms. Kobayashi from all day dining. Receptionist who did check out for me, super slow. Don't know how to use opera system may be. Wasting my time. Don't even ask me whether I'm SPF member or not. Guest service they are polite but only polite. I'm member so internet fees should be complimentary but they told me NO twice. At the end it rebated at check out time. Ignorance. We used f&b outlet most of the time including room service, I just want to warm up my previous dish. They denied and ask me to go to another building to use microwave. What star is this hotel? Just huge disappointment. Next time we won't stay here even tho spg have good deal. Not worth it, feel very bad.
February 19, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BenC Disney Package Rocks!!!
Stayed here with my family. 2 adults & 2 kids.
Everything was sensational. Great service & hotel. Very convenient for Disney. Great package deal for the family. Included 3 day Magic Passport for 2 adults and 1 child. We stayed 3 nights. Airport shuttle service to Haneda was also very convenient. All in all, a great stay at Sheraton. Great to know you get this same service here. Christopher was great in explaining the package to us and also giving us an upgrade to Club Lounge.
February 6, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Reggie2 Disappointing at Best for Category 5 Hotel
This property is all about location. I give it two stars vice one only because of the location near Disney Parks. With or without the location, it is not worth the cost. I used points for three rooms, for two nights and quickly realized that I wasted a lot of points. A few thoughts I hope are helpful:
1. We had a standard room that came with two double beds. The double beds are big enough to sleep two adults. However, the rooms and especially the bathrooms are vastly outdated for a hotel in a Category 5 rating. Additionally, the beds are not up to the Sheraton comfort standards. The beds are hard and the bedding does not feel soft like the acclaimed Sheraton Signature Bedding.
2. The picture on the SPG website shows a beautiful resort pool and it is beautiful when you see it real time. Although the website briefly mentions you have to buy a pass to use the pool, what they don't tell you is it costs Y3800 (~$38) per person per day. That is an outrageous cost to use an outdoor pool, at a hotel you are a guest at, especially with a family. Sheraton needs to review this cost and policy if they are going to taut this place as a family friendly hotel. On that note, any amenity at this hotel will cost you more and it is not cost friendly. The bottom-line is that to use hotel services, you will get nickel and dimed to death.
3. The staff knowledge of hotel policy is inconsistent. For example: I was told as a Gold member all three rooms would get free wifi. Found out later that only one room would get free wifi. Was also told by the SPG desk receptionist I could use the indoor lap pool free of charge, went to use the pool and was told I had to pay the $38 pool fee, then later told I didn't.
4. For an international hotel, english speaking staff is not at a standard level expected. Fortunately, my wife speaks fluent Japanese so it was not a problem for us.
5. There was no apparent shuttle from the hotel to the park main gates. They claim to have a shuttle to Disney but the shuttle was not to Disney but to the Disney TRAM. Of note, the Disney TRAM is only 300 meters from the hotel entrance. The Disney TRAM takes you to the park gates, but you have to pay to use it. You can buy one way tickets or buy multiple day passes. A two day unlimited use pass cost Y800 ($8) per person. If you are there for multiple days, that is the most cost effective way to go.
There are a lot of great SPG options in the Tokyo area that are far superior to this one. If Disney is not a must in your travel plans or it is only a one day excursion, then I would seriously consider the other SPG options. Having stayed at others in the Tokyo area, the experience is far better. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone unless total cost is not a factor.
August 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Excellent Resort Hotel
It is our second visit to Disneyland. We choose Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel again because of the excellent experience we have from our previous stay.
We are not disappointed by Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel this time. We were offered an upgrade to the suite room which was spacious with nice Disneyland view. Our stay was very comfortable with the kindness service of the hotel friendly staff. They never miss out any chances to offer their help whenever they can.
The Club Lounge was great place to enjoy the beverage and snacks after a long tired day at Disney Park.
The hotel lobby have a Playstation game area to play for free which is awesome. It have different game at each individual station.
For sure we will come back for this hotel again for our next Disney trip.
February 20, 2013