Rated 2 out of 5 by Reggie2 Disappointing at Best for Category 5 Hotel
This property is all about location. I give it two stars vice one only because of the location near Disney Parks. With or without the location, it is not worth the cost. I used points for three rooms, for two nights and quickly realized that I wasted a lot of points. A few thoughts I hope are helpful:
1. We had a standard room that came with two double beds. The double beds are big enough to sleep two adults. However, the rooms and especially the bathrooms are vastly outdated for a hotel in a Category 5 rating. Additionally, the beds are not up to the Sheraton comfort standards. The beds are hard and the bedding does not feel soft like the acclaimed Sheraton Signature Bedding.
2. The picture on the SPG website shows a beautiful resort pool and it is beautiful when you see it real time. Although the website briefly mentions you have to buy a pass to use the pool, what they don't tell you is it costs Y3800 (~$38) per person per day. That is an outrageous cost to use an outdoor pool, at a hotel you are a guest at, especially with a family. Sheraton needs to review this cost and policy if they are going to taut this place as a family friendly hotel. On that note, any amenity at this hotel will cost you more and it is not cost friendly. The bottom-line is that to use hotel services, you will get nickel and dimed to death.
3. The staff knowledge of hotel policy is inconsistent. For example: I was told as a Gold member all three rooms would get free wifi. Found out later that only one room would get free wifi. Was also told by the SPG desk receptionist I could use the indoor lap pool free of charge, went to use the pool and was told I had to pay the $38 pool fee, then later told I didn't.
4. For an international hotel, english speaking staff is not at a standard level expected. Fortunately, my wife speaks fluent Japanese so it was not a problem for us.
5. There was no apparent shuttle from the hotel to the park main gates. They claim to have a shuttle to Disney but the shuttle was not to Disney but to the Disney TRAM. Of note, the Disney TRAM is only 300 meters from the hotel entrance. The Disney TRAM takes you to the park gates, but you have to pay to use it. You can buy one way tickets or buy multiple day passes. A two day unlimited use pass cost Y800 ($8) per person. If you are there for multiple days, that is the most cost effective way to go.
There are a lot of great SPG options in the Tokyo area that are far superior to this one. If Disney is not a must in your travel plans or it is only a one day excursion, then I would seriously consider the other SPG options. Having stayed at others in the Tokyo area, the experience is far better. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone unless total cost is not a factor.
August 2, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MannyPalafox Need improvements to EARN my recommendation
Hallways leading to guests rooms is smoke filled, even in the No Smoking floors. Need to install new carpet and paint walls to rid of odor.
Need to have at staff at all times (2 minimum if you are going to maintain two lobbies (1st floor and 2nd floor). We arrived on 1st floor with no welcome host or staff member.
You need a separate Concierge desk with a qualified staff member that speak fluent English, know many restaurants, shops and places to recommend (not just Disney ticketing).
The buffet downstairs need to have more Japanese items on the menu. During our 3 night stay, we only had Japanese octopus balls. We are in Japan, you should represent Japanese cuisine along with the other international menu items. For the price we pay, each guests deserve it. Pizza and pasta fillers and rice is not satisfactory. You also need better menu available for late dinner, the price is discounted but still considered high.
The rooms themselves are fine/average. Although some need renovations. Dolphin rooms are dated and need renovation. Had to be upgraded to Penguin room which was slightly better.
Also, fitness room and swimming pool should be standard ammenities. No extra charge! That is an insult and disrepectful, when other hotels offer it as standard included already in hotel rate.
August 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Very Kind Disneyland Partner Hotel
We are very appreciate and delighted by the service provided by Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel. We are staying 2 nights here for Disneyland and return to our home Country on the last night by airport limousine bus. Our flight is at 11:40 p.m. but we found out that the last bus depart from the hotel to the airport is 6:35 p.m. The hotel was kind enough to extend our late check out till 6 p.m. in order for us to enjoy the Disney park more and have time to back to our room to pack. Further more, we had been upgrade to a suite room as a SPG Platinum Elite member with a very nice Disneyland view just right in front of our room balcony.
December 1, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Chengfamily Fun-filled holiday
My family spent a great time in this hotel, especially my two little daughters. The birthday decorations are great, with the card with our names which is out of my expectation. Should spend more time in enjoying hotel facilities next time.
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robbins Convenient and Comfortable
Big room, big bed, with nice view!
Close to the train station and easy to go and back by walk.
July 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dave100 Everything will cost you at this hotel
My family and I have only been staying at this hotel for 2 days (out of 11 booked) and already we wish that we had stayed somewhere else. Right from the start there was no greeting or help with our luggage from a doorman (not sure if they have one), we had to carry our entire luggage up one floor before we found reception and then waited around 15mins to be served. After check in we had our (approx) $100 USD breakfast. After breakfast we found out that it was going to cost us (approx $55 USD / day to use the outdoor pool, it would have been nice to know about this before we booked, as we would have stayed somewhere else. So to sum it all up there is no service when you arrive and most of their facilities (i.e. pool) appear to have a fee attached.
September 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Simon5 Fabulous Sheraton
Sheraton Tokyo Bay was absolutely fabulous. The room upgrade ewe received as an SPG member made our stay the best Sheraton rest since becoming a member many years ago. The food and beverage along with the service was second to none.
June 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by booboo14 excellent near park
this hotel met with every expectation that we had. So close to the parks, free WiFi at the Links, clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and attentive. Food at the buffet was rather expensive and for a family of 4 of us eating here would have gone way above our budget.
June 27, 2014