Rated 5 out of 5 by Lotfy this hotel has excellent views
I like the view and the location of the hotel.
I like the service once we arrive in the hotel
April 4, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by JohnandFelicia Secure resort for foreign travelers
We visited the Sheraton Luxor in March of 2015.
Things we liked:
- The staff’s hospitality was superb. This held true for both the hotel staff as well as anyone involved in food service at the hotel. We felt protected from the obnoxiousness and downright begging in Luxor and at local sites. Security was very present and active.
- We recommend using the restaurants at the resort as they were overall very good. The breakfast left a little to be desired—too repetitious and mundane. The nightly dinner buffets were very good and had a nice variety of all items including desserts. One night we even ordered burgers and the restaurant staff brought us bread and mezza while our food was being prepared.
- The value of the Sheraton’s pay for two nights and receive a third night for free was superb. This was the best deal we could find and the hotel even allowed us to check in early. Breakfast was included and the price of dinner was reasonable so all great values as we saw it.
- The room we stayed in was a bungalow and, unfortunately, it was not as clean as it should have been. Strangely, the hotel also did not provides wash cloths; only hand and bath towels. The tiled floor of our room was simply not clean. We chose to mop our own floor each day with our previously used hand towels.
- The wireless internet available in the lobby is so slow it is difficult to even check e-mail. We purchased a one-day room connection for 19 Euro only to find it was just the same as what was in the lobby. In spite of this, there is a small flyer at the check-in desk stating that the hotel features high-speed wireless internet which was not the case.
John and Felicia
March 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by don111 sheraton luxor
great hotel,staff are all great to deal with,food is great,any problems are sorted very quickly although I have not had many problems, great place to chillout and relax
February 22, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by cornfedbrit The staff made it great
The majority of the staff, were notably considerate and helpful, it was a little disappointing that the tennis courts were not open. Special thanks to Abdel Rhim and Sabry Khalil for making sure gluten free options were available every meal.
January 11, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by alex1963 ONLY LOCATION
HOTEL NEED A FULL MAKE OVER ,LOCATION IS SUPER .SUNSET AMAZING. FOOD THEY NEED A LOT OF IMPROVMENT . GREAT STAFF IN THE FRONT .
December 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dhildel60 Memorable location and experience
First time in Egypt and Luxor made memorable by the unique positioning of the Sheraton overlooking the Nile and with Nile view to the west with astonishing sunsets.staff with no exception created friendly/charming ambience...no names since to identify one or two would do a dis-service to the others.facilities and service first class as one would expect. Great.thanks.
November 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrKarl Very Comfortable
I have just arrived home from my 46th stay at the Sheraton Luxor.
Although the the choice of food at breakfast is now a little more limited than in the past the quality remains high and waiters maintain their high standards as always.
The room service menu gives a good choice of food, always well presented though as might be expected considering the problems in Egypt and reduced guest numbers, somewhat more expensive but still reasonable.
With reference to the small swimming pool which although only a few years old, it is not wearing very well. The artificial rocks are developing cracks and at least 1 large hole, cracks are appearing in the joins with small amounts of the cement falling out onto the steps and the pool boy is obviously doing his best to make the most of what appears to have been something of a cowboy job.
Just a note of caution to anyone making a reservation through the Starwood website!
At 4.20am on the morning of 12th October 2014 I went to reception to check out with the suited employee. He appeared to have little knowledge of using the computer and had to be joined by one of his colleagues who took over from him. After disputing the bill I was told the discrepancy between it and the total bill printed on my Starwood reservation was that the hotel needed to add local and room taxes.
Fortunately I had my printed reservation with me which clearly showed these various taxes included in the total amount payable, thus making the bill £350 rather than the £304 quoted on my Starwood web reservation.
Immediately my bill was reduced to that of my original reservation but left me somewhat doubtful as to whether this was an oversight or perhaps something else.
SO DO CHECK YOUR BILL!
In conclusion I would add I shall return to the Sheraton.
October 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Karam Sheraton Luxor September 14
Fantastic home from home experience with a warm welcome from all the staff and management at this exquisite hotel the Sharaton Luxor. A service with a genuine smile with a caring and supportive service. Comforting in the knowledge that the staff are at all times ready and willing to provide the best. A feeling of being a special guest makes the Sharaton Luxor the best of the best for customer service and support. Well done and thank you indeed.
September 20, 2014