Taiwan lies off the southeastern coast of mainland Asia, across the Taiwan Straits from Mainland China – an island on the western edge of the Pacific Ocean. To the north lies Japan and Okinawa, to the south is the Philippines. Many airlines fly to Taiwan, helping make it an ideal travel destination.
Located at the northern tip of the island of Taiwan, Taipei is the capital city of this economic powerhouse. The city is a commercial center with many attractions including a vibrant nightlife.
All of Taipei is at your doorstep at the Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel. The major east-west MRT line runs just in front of our hotel. A short walk brings you to all major government offices and some of the city's major tourist attractions. Major department stores, banks, and commercial centers are also within walking distance.
The tallest building in the world, Taipei 101, is a 10-minute ride from the hotel by MRT. The 508-meter structure has 101 floors and is situated at the center Taipei’s Xin-Yi area, next to the World Trade Center. The observation deck offers a breathtaking view of the city.
Even closer to the hotel, only five minutes by MRT, is the Ximending Commercial District, which is one of the oldest districts in the city and cultural center with fashionable boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops.
Located in the northern suburban area of Taipei is the National Palace Museum, which collects, preserves, and promotes the essence of Chinese arts and crafts. Accumulated over 1,000 years by Chinese emperors and royal families, its collections include ceramics, porcelain, calligraphy, paintings, and ritual bronzes. In addition, the museum also possesses many fine examples of jade and lacquer wares.
Exibir mapa da região local
Arte e Cultura
- Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall 0.5 km/0.3 milhas
- National Dr.Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall 2.0 km/1.2 milhas
- Museu do Palácio Nacional 15.0 km/9.3 milhas
- The National Concert Hall 0.5 km/0.3 milhas
- Presidential Square 0.8 km/0.5 milhas
- Huahsi Street Night Market / Snake Alley 2.0 km/1.2 milhas
- Shihlin Night Market 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- Taiwan University Hospital 0.2 km/0.1 milhas
- Lung Shan Temple 2.0 km/1.2 milhas
- Distrito comercial de Xin-Yi 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- Ximending Commercial District 1.0 km/0.6 milhas
- Toyota Motor Company 2.0 km/1.2 milhas
- 3M Corporation 2.0 km/1.2 milhas
- Bank of America 3.0 km/1.9 milhas
- BASF 3.0 km/1.9 milhas
- World Trade Center 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- Citicorp 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- IBM 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- AT&T 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- Taipei 101 5.0 km/3.1 milhas
- Texas Instruments 8.0 km/5.0 milhas
Escritórios do Governo
- American Institute em Taiwan 3.0 km/1.9 milhas
- Taiwan Golf and Country Club 25.0 km/15.5 milhas
- Campo de golfe Linkou 30.0 km/18.6 milhas
- Ta Shee Golf Course and Resort 77.0 km/47.8 milhas