There's definitely no shortage of things to do and see! Play a relaxing 18 holes of golf at the adjacent golf course. Or visit the historic port, Sunda Kelapa, one of the finest sights in Jakarta. Home to magnificent Makassar schooners called Pinisi, these brightly painted ships are still an important means of transporting goods to and from the outer islands.
Continue on to the nearby old town of Batavia, known as Kota today. At one time, Batavia contained Coen's massive shoreline fortress, the Kasteel, and was surrounded by a sturdy defensive wall and mount. A Dutch flavour still resides in this old part of town. A few of Batavia's old buildings remain in active use, while others, which were restored during the 1970s, have become museums.
Head to the southeast section of town and you'll discover Taman Mini - a "whole country in one park." This 100-hectare park offers miniature traditional houses from all provinces of Indonesia and displays regional handicrafts and clothing. You can row around the large "lagoon" islands of the archipelago or take a cable car for a bird's eye view. There are also museums, theatres, restaurants, an orchid garden, and a bird park with walk-in aviary.
Scattered across the Java Sea to the north of Jakarta are the Pulau Seribu Thousand Islands, although they number only 105. The area is a Marine National Park; however 37 of the islands are permitted to be developed. Pulau Bidadari is the closest resort island and popular for day trips. From Bidadari Island, you can visit other nearby islands such as Pulau Kayangan, Pulau Kelor, featuring the ruins of an old Dutch fort, or Pulau Onrust where the remains of an old shipyard from the 18th century can be explored.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
- Sunda Kelapa – Porto storico 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Ancol 20.1 km/12.5 miglia
- Taman Mini 35.0 km/21.8 miglia
- Ospedale Atma Jaya 12.0 km/7.5 miglia
- Antica Batavia 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Golf Club Soewarna 1.0 km/0.6 miglia
- Dunia Fantasi 20.1 km/12.5 miglia
- Pulau Seribu 45.0 km/28.0 miglia
- Taman Safari 60.3 km/37.5 miglia
- Republic of Singapore Embassy 25.0 km/15.5 miglia
- Ambasciata della Malesia 25.0 km/15.5 miglia
- Ambasciata australiana 25.0 km/15.5 miglia
- Ambasciata cinese 25.0 km/15.5 miglia
- Ambascata del Qatar 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Ambasciata giapponese 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Ambasciata delle Filippine 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Ambasciata degli Stati Uniti d'America 30.0 km/18.6 miglia