Welcome to Iguazú, a complete paradise surrounded by nature. Iguazú, which means "The Great Waters" in the Guarani language, is located in the northern part of the province of Misiones, right on the Argentine-Brazilian frontier.
Listed as a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site and voted one of the New7Wonders of Nature, the Iguazú Falls and Iguazú National Park's natural splendor and lush vegetation are a must-see. The falls extend over 2,700 meters, with over 260 waterfalls reaching 70 meters high. They can be appreciated from Argentina or Brazil, with the magnificent Devil's Gorge defining the border between the two countries.
There is a beautiful view from a watchtower that is located in the Hito Argentino (Argentine milestone), right in the confluence of the Iguazú and Paraná rivers. This area draws the boundaries of the Argentine sovereignty with Brazil and Paraguay. The sight of the two rivers flowing together along with the exuberant vegetation is calming, yet amazing.
In addition, the city is filled with history and culture. Adventure tourism and activities include bird watching, horseback riding in the forest, flora and fauna sightseeing, Zodiac boat rides along the river, visits to Guaraní settlements, golf, bicycle rental, rural tourism, and much more.
A visit to the Jesuit Missions ancient ruins are also a must. These 17th and 18th century missions were founded to convert the Guaraní aboriginals to Christianity.
Average temperatures range from 25ºC / 77°F in the spring, to 35ºC / 91°F in the summer, and 25ºC / 77°F in the fall.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Three Borders Landmark 19.3 km/12.0 miles
- Jesuit Ruins 250.0 km/155.4 miles
- Universidade Nacionale de Posadas 300.0 km/186.4 miles
- Hospital Samic Publico de Auto Gestion 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Iguazu Golf Club 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Brazilian Consulate 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- The Iguazu Falls 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Gorge) 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Macuco Trail 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Bird Watching 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Zodiac Boat Rides 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Foz de Iguacu 17.7 km/11.0 miles
- Casino Igazu 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Aripuca 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Raices Guaranies 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Precious Stones Mines (Wanda) 30.6 km/19.0 miles
- Itaipu Dam (Brazil/Paraguay) 50.0 km/31.1 miles
- Mocona Waterfalls 317.0 km/197.0 miles
- Posadas, Argentina 300.0 km/186.4 miles
- Horse Riding 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Bird Park 37.0 km/23.0 miles