Sheraton Sapporo Hotel
The Sheraton Sapporo Hotel is conveniently situated near many of Hokkaido’s most sought after cultural attractions, its expansive entertainment area, superb shopping, and recreation spots.
Begin your exploration of the city with a visit to the Sapporo Dome to catch a baseball game and enjoy a panoramic view of the city center. From this elevated perch, catch a glimpse of the Television Tower, located in Odori Park. Visit the Sapporo Clock Tower, one of the few surviving Western-style buildings in Sapporo. It is known as one of the city’s main symbols, and its hourly chimes draw many visitors each day.
A five-minute walk will bring you to Shin Sapporo, where four department stores provide an endless array of local and imported goods. Clothing, books, and a variety of tempting restaurants are in abundance. Enjoy local fare at the convenient food court before moving on to Sunpiazza Aquarium, also located at Shin Sapporo and home to 200 species of fish. Hours vary seasonally for both the shops and aquarium, please contact the concierge for details.
For those seeking a truly unique experience, a trip to the Sapporo Beer Garden is an absolute must. Step inside the red brick Genghis Khan Hall building, rich in history and character, for a taste of the city’s most famous dishes. Barbequed mutton and cold draft beer round out the excursion.
Unforgettable day trips are plentiful. Travel by bus from the Sapporo Bus Terminal to Japan’s most popular zoo, Asahiyama Animal Park, just 140 kilometers from the hotel. Here, guests are invited to explore an array of interactive exhibits, each embodying the zoo’s unique care concept. Jozankei Hot Spring Spa, a one-hour drive from downtown Sapporo, is another regional hot spot. The natural springs are said to relieve a variety of ailments, thus drawing visitors from around the globe.
Those seeking more active pursuits will find no shortage of adventures. A veritable golfing paradise, approximately 70 golf courses can be found within a one-hour drive of our door. Depending on the season, daily buses offer excursions to everything from whitewater rafting to horseback riding, and fishing to hot air ballooning.
To arrange an excursion, transportation, or secure reservations, please stop by the front desk or contact the concierge directly.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Kitara Concert Hall 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Sapporo Convention Center 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Sapporo Techno Park 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- General Post Office 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Otaru (Coastline) 37.0 km/23.0 miles
- Hokkaido Historical Village 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Techno Park 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Tsukisamu Exhibition and Sports Dome 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Maruyama Park (Zoo and Baseball Field) 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Sapporo Dome (Soccer Stadium) 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Takino Suzuran Nature Park and Resort 7.5 km/4.7 miles
- Olympic Ski Jump Park, Museum and Stadium 7.5 km/4.7 miles
- Moerenuma Designer Park 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Susukino (Entertainment District) 11.0 km/6.8 miles
- Odori Park 4.0 km/2.5 miles