Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan Province, has a history dating back 2,300 years. With a moderate climate, Chengdu is known as the “Land of Abundances,” and boasts a vast expanse of fertile land, as well as a prosperous heritage of arts, commerce, and culture. As a modern metropolis with a forest of magnificent buildings, mansions, and a high-end residential district, it is an easy and comfortable place for foreigners and people outside of the city to work and live.
Wenshu Temple, located north of the city, is the best preserved temple in Chengdu. 450 Buddha statues made with copper, metal, and Tuosa wood stone are displayed, including a few painted ones.
Du Fu's Thatched Cottage was the residence of Du Fu (AD 712-770), a great Tang poet hailed as the “poetic saint” by later generations. It is a major collection of cultural relics enjoying state-level protection.
Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base is an excellent recreational area and a highlight of any visit to Chengdu. Giant pandas at the Chengdu Research Base live in large naturalistic habitats, which help the visitor to understand how these animals live in the wild.
Jinli Street was once one of the busiest commercial streets during the Shu Kingdom (221-263). Hence, it is known as 'First Street of the Shu Kingdom'. In order to reclaim the street's prosperity of former days, it was restored with contributions from the Wuhou Memorial Temple and was opened to public in October of 2004. Since then, visitors from all over China and abroad gather in this ancient street to relax, admire the traditional-style buildings, and sample local delicacies.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Capanna di paglia di Du Fu 3.1 km/1.9 miglia
- City Tower 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Temple of Marquis Wu 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Ancient Jinli Street 3.1 km/1.9 miglia
- Times Plaza 4.0 km/2.5 miglia
- Giant Panda Research Base 8.0 km/5.0 miglia
- Torre occidentale 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Guanghan-Sanxingdui 40.2 km/25.0 miglia
- Sistema di irrigazione Du jiangyan 51.0 km/31.7 miglia
- Leshan Giant Buddha 56.0 km/34.8 miglia
- Emei Mountain 58.0 km/36.0 miglia
- Qingcheng Mountain 65.0 km/40.4 miglia
- Jiuzhaigou Valley 450.0 km/279.6 miglia
- Wen Shu Temple 0.8 km/0.5 miglia
- International Exhibition Center 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Chongqing 209.2 km/130.0 miglia
- Xichang 241.4 km/150.0 miglia
- Sichuan International Golf Club 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- First City Plaza 0.8 km/0.5 miglia
- World Trade Center 1.0 km/0.6 miglia
- Chuan Xin Mansion 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Central Plaza 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Renhe Spring Department Store 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Aeroporto internazionale di Chengdu Shuangliu 22.5 km/14.0 miglia