Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan Province, has a history dating back 2,300 years. With a moderate climate, Chengdu is known as the “Land of Abundances,” and boasts a vast expanse of fertile land, as well as a prosperous heritage of arts, commerce, and culture. As a modern metropolis with a forest of magnificent buildings, mansions, and a high-end residential district, it is an easy and comfortable place for foreigners and people outside of the city to work and live.
Wenshu Temple, located north of the city, is the best preserved temple in Chengdu. 450 Buddha statues made with copper, metal, and Tuosa wood stone are displayed, including a few painted ones.
Du Fu's Thatched Cottage was the residence of Du Fu (AD 712-770), a great Tang poet hailed as the “poetic saint” by later generations. It is a major collection of cultural relics enjoying state-level protection.
Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base is an excellent recreational area and a highlight of any visit to Chengdu. Giant pandas at the Chengdu Research Base live in large naturalistic habitats, which help the visitor to understand how these animals live in the wild.
Jinli Street was once one of the busiest commercial streets during the Shu Kingdom (221-263). Hence, it is known as 'First Street of the Shu Kingdom'. In order to reclaim the street's prosperity of former days, it was restored with contributions from the Wuhou Memorial Temple and was opened to public in October of 2004. Since then, visitors from all over China and abroad gather in this ancient street to relax, admire the traditional-style buildings, and sample local delicacies.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
- Sichuan International Golf Club 20.0 км/12.4 мили (миль)
Искусство и культура
- Du Fu's Thatched Cottage 3.1 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- First City Plaza 0.8 км/0.5 мили (миль)
- Всемирный торговый центр 1.0 км/0.6 мили (миль)
- Chuan Xin Mansion 1.5 км/0.9 мили (миль)
- Central Plaza 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- City Tower 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Temple of Marquis Wu 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Ancient Jinli Street 3.1 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Times Plaza 4.0 км/2.5 мили (миль)
- Giant Panda Research Base 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Western Tower 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Guanghan-Sanxingdui 40.2 км/25.0 мили (миль)
- Du jiangyan Irrigation System 51.0 км/31.7 мили (миль)
- Leshan Giant Buddha 56.0 км/34.8 мили (миль)
- Emei Mountain 58.0 км/36.0 мили (миль)
- Qingcheng Mountain 65.0 км/40.4 мили (миль)
- Jiuzhaigou Valley 450.0 км/279.6 мили (миль)
- Chongqing 209.2 км/130.0 мили (миль)
- Xichang 241.4 км/150.0 мили (миль)
- Wen Shu Temple 0.8 км/0.5 мили (миль)
- International Exhibition Center 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
Магазины и торговые центры
- Renhe Spring Department Store 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport 22.5 км/14.0 мили (миль)