Northbrook’s charming downtown is the true center of the community, and its friendly, neighborhood feel will surely captivate you as soon as you arrive. Stroll the downtown, and you’ll find numerous restaurants, from cozy diners and casual pizza joints, to award-winning cafes—as well as a tempting collection of boutiques and specialty stores.
For those who love the outdoors, Northbrook proudly features 500 acres of beautiful parks and playgrounds, as well as a spectacular championship 27-hole golf course. While exploring downtown, be sure to make time to see the natural beauty of the Village Green Park and River Walk.
The excitement of competitive bike racing can be found all year round at Northbrook's nationally-renowned Ed Rudolph Velodrome, where top cyclists from around the world compete for major titles. Several other tourist favorites are within minutes of Northbrook, including the spectacular Chicago Botanic Garden and the highly acclaimed Ravinia Music Festival,
Convenient transportation is one of Northbrook’s most notable attributes. The community has immediate access to the tri-state tollway (I-294) and the Edens expressway (I-94), and is served by the Metra commuter rail. O’Hare International Airport is 17 miles southwest of the Village.
Located just 25 miles north of downtown Chicago, Northbrook is one of the most vibrant communities on Chicago’s North Shore and an ideal place to live, work, shop and play. The Village is graced with a vivacious and diverse business community, top-rated schools, outstanding recreational facilities and civic-minded residents who work tirelessly to bring together world class amenities while maintaining the area’s small-town charm.
Among the Fortune 500 companies that call Northbrook home are Allstate, Crate & Barrel, and Underwriters Laboratories. More than 700 manufacturing, light industrial and service-related businesses are clustered in Northbrook’s Sky Harbor Industrial Park, and our strong retail community is anchored by Northbrook Court, the North Shore’s premier shopping center.
Milwaukee is just a short 1-1/2 hour drive, which makes us a great location for regional meetings.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
- Executive Airport 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
Искусство и культура
- Kohls Childrens' Museum 3.2 км/2.0 мили (миль)
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum 12.9 км/8.0 мили (миль)
- Cuneo Museum and Gardens 24.1 км/15.0 мили (миль)
- Science & Industry Museum / Shedd Aquarium 35.4 км/22.0 мили (миль)
- Kraft Foods 0.2 км/0.1 мили (миль)
- Beltone 1.6 км/1.0 мили (миль)
- Anixter 1.6 км/1.0 мили (миль)
- ITW 2.4 км/1.5 мили (миль)
- Allstate 6.4 км/4.0 мили (миль)
- Underwriters Laboratories 6.4 км/4.0 мили (миль)
- Takeda 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Baxter 9.6 км/6.0 мили (миль)
- Abbott 32.2 км/20.0 мили (миль)
- Ravinia Festival 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Chicago Botanical Gardens 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Arlington Park Race Track 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)
- Chicago Indoor Racing 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)
- The Glenn Town Center 0.8 км/0.5 мили (миль)
- Magnificent Mile 24.1 км/15.0 мили (миль)
Отдых и развлечения
- Northwestern Athletics 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)
- CoCo Key Water Resort 20.9 км/13.0 мили (миль)
- Six Flags Great America 24.1 км/15.0 мили (миль)
- College of American Pathologists 0.3 км/0.2 мили (миль)
- Bahá'í Temple 14.5 км/9.0 мили (миль)
- Northwestern University 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)