Sheraton Zhengzhou Hotel
Powered by Foursquare
Found on the Yellow River’s southern plain in central China, Zhengzhou is the capital of Henan Province. An ancient city, Zhengzhou dates back 3,600 years to the Shang Dynasty. The Sheraton Zhengzhou Hotel is centrally located in the new Central Business District of East Zhengzhou, a contemporary area that has been awarded for its urban planning. Retail shopping and entertainment options are just steps away, as are public transportation options. Furthermore, Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport (CGO) is only a 25-minute drive from the hotel.
Gather and explore the sites, including the nearby Shang City Ruins. In addition to the age-old city wall, visitors can see exhibits showcasing historic bronzeware, stoneware, jade carvings, ceramics, wells, and tombs. More historical relics and prehistoric artifacts can be found 6 kilometers away in the Henan Museum, one of China’s oldest. Just 1 kilometer from the hotel, Erqi Square is Zhengzhou’s busiest commercial area and is packed with department stores and restaurants. It is also home to the Erqi Memorial Tower, built to commemorate a strike that occurred on February 7, 1923. Also engaging are the ancient Songyang Academy and the Astronomical Observatory.
Don’t miss seeing Mount Song. Situated about 80 kilometers southwest of Zhengzhou, this UNESCO World Heritage Site and sacred Taoist mountain is filled with religious structures, including the Shaolin Temple and an ancient Chinese kung fu center. Mount Song is also home to the Pagoda Forest, highlighted by its more than 240 tomb pagodas. More nature can be found at the picturesque Yellow River Scenic Area. Located about 30 kilometers northwest of Zhengzhou along the Yellow River, it boasts verdant land, clear waters, pavilions, and historical statues. And thrill-seekers can take an exhilarating ride on China’s longest rollercoaster at the Zhengzhou Century Amusement Park, which offers 30 entertaining rides.
Relax at the end of the day with a traditional Yu opera performance and a restful meal. Highlights of the delicious local cuisine include baked carp, red-cooked chicken Daokou-style, chicken soup with lotus seeds, tendril-shaped cake, and Henan-style noodle soup.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Arts & Culture
- Henan Art Center 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Henan Museum 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Zhengzhou International Convention and Exhibtion Centre 3.5 km/2.2 miles
- Shaolin Temple, Songshan 80.0 km/49.7 miles
- New CBD Of Zhengdong 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Nissan 13.6 km/8.4 miles
- Foxconn 33.0 km/20.5 miles
- 18-Hole Golf Course 9.3 km/5.8 miles
- Henan Provincial Government 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Erqi Memorial Tower 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Yellow River Scenic Area 37.0 km/23.0 miles
- QingMing River Park, KaiFeng 60.0 km/37.3 miles
- White Horse Temple, LuoYang 125.0 km/77.7 miles
- Longmen Grottoes, LuoYang 140.0 km/87.0 miles
- Zhengzhou Zoo 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- CBD Dennis Seven Days Mall 4.5 km/2.8 miles
- Zhengzhou East Railway Station 3.5 km/2.2 miles
- Zhengzhou Railway Station 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport 30.0 km/18.6 miles