Dating back more than 3,000 years and one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, Xian is the current capital of Shaanxi Province. Signifying “Western Peace,” the city is filled with historical monuments, temples, tombs, and ruins. Ideal for guests in town on either business or pleasure, the Sheraton Xian North City Hotel is conveniently located outside the North Gate of the city wall, at the intersection of Longshou North Road and the major north-south thoroughfare Weiyang Road. Corporate and government offices and the old city are just a few minutes away, while the train station is 10 kilometres from the hotel and Xian Xianyang International Airport (XIY) is 35 kilometres away.
Discover Xian’s ancient charms in the old city. Surrounded by an ancient wall that was built in the 14th century, it houses Bell Tower, China’s oldest wooden tower of its kind. A symbol of Xian, the tower’s nearby sister structure is called Drum Tower. Just south of the inner city and more than 1,000 years old, the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda and Small Wild Goose Pagoda—which are less than two kilometres apart—are other top attractions.
For a once in a lifetime experience, head to the ancient underground pits near Mount Li to see the Terracotta Army. Located about 45 minutes from the hotel, this spectacular UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site features thousands of ancient life-size warriors in battle formation. More history can be found at: the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum, housing terracotta figures, murals from the Tang tombs, and bronze, gold, and silver relics; and the Forest of Stone Steles Museum, showcasing thousands of paintings, historical records, and calligraphy. For some unique local entertainment, witness China’s oldest form of opera at a Qin Opera performance.
For an insightful and comfortable stay, visit the Sheraton Xian North City Hotel.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Shaanxi History Museum 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Banpo Museum and Neolithic Village 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Qin Terracotta Warriors 48.3 km/30.0 miles
- The Palace of Great Brightness 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- The Great Mosque 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Xi'an Economic & Technological Development Zone (XETDZ) 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Motorola China Co. Ltd. 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Microsoft Corporation 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Intel 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Emerson Network 19.3 km/12.0 miles
- ZTE Corporation 24.1 km/15.0 miles
- Xian International Golf Club 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Municipal Government Offices 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Ming City Wall and Gates 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Bell Tower 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Bar Street 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda 8.1 km/5.0 miles
- Xi'an Historic City Center 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Daming Palace National Heritage Park 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Xi'an Train Station 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Xi'an Xianyang International Airport 35.0 km/21.8 miles