Hiroshima is situated in the Chūgoku region of western Honshū, Japan’s largest island. Bordering the Seto Inland Sea and home to six rivers and an ancient port, it is aptly known as the “City of Water.” The Sheraton Hiroshima Hotel, meanwhile, is conveniently located near top shopping and government offices. It is also in close proximity to the bullet train, highways, and bus terminals. Hiroshima Airport (HIJ) is located approximately 50 kilometres east of the city.
Bursting with historical sites and impressive architecture, Hiroshima offers endless exploration. Begin with a short ferry ride to the celebrated Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Alternatively, jump aboard an evening cruise of the bay and see the shrine in its illuminated nighttime form. Shukkeien Garden is another historical must-see. Nestled along the Kyōbashi River, this calming oasis is filled with picturesque islets and bridges. For stunning city and harbour views, visit Hiroshima Castle (Carp Castle). Its interiors house several exhibitions, along with iconic Japanese swords. For additional cultural enrichment, there are plenty of choices, including the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, the Hiroshima Museum of Art, the Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum, and the Hiroshima City Museum of Contemporary Art.
Throughout the year, the city also hosts numerous festivals. Two of the most popular are the annual Hiroshima Flower Festival and the biannual Hiroshima International Animation Festival. Finally, no matter the season, be sure to sample the region’s famous okonomiyaki, a layered dish of eggs, cabbage, bean sprouts, sliced pork, and more, which is prepared right before your eyes.
Discover a home away from home at the Sheraton Hiroshima Hotel.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Museo d'arte della Prefettura di Hiroshima 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Castello di Hiroshima 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Castello di Onomichi 90.0 km/55.9 miglia
- Duomo della Bomba Atomica 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Parco Memoriale della pace di Hiroshima 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Santuario di Itsukushima 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Isola di Miyajima 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Fukuya Department Store 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Tenmaya Department Store 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Mitsukoshi Department Store 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- SoGo Department Store 2.5 km/1.5 miglia
- Giardino di Shukkeien 1.5 km/0.9 miglia
- Giardino zoologico di Asa 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Area amministrativa 1.0 km/0.6 miglia
- Stazione JR di Hiroshima 0.1 km/0.1 miglia
- Porto di Hiroshima 20.0 km/12.4 miglia