Located at the crossroads of different cultures and nestled in the horn of Africa, Djibouti offers breathtaking landscapes and some of the most impressive natural wonders in the world.
Nestled 153 meters below sea level, Lake Assal is one of the saltiest lakes in the world. Lake Abbe features lunar scenery, with its limestone fireplaces and hot springs. These give rise to incredible pastures that are unique in this desert land. The lake is frequented by such birds as pelicans, ibises, and flamingoes. Meanwhile, Ghoubet al Kharab boasts amazing scenery, where steep and arid volcanoes plunge into the Red Sea.
From November to February, Djibouti is a favorable place to watch whale sharks. These gentle giants, the largest fish in the world, arrive in great numbers to feed near the coast, especially in the area of Arta beach. Swimming alongside a whale shark is a truly magical experience.
The area offers numerous other activities, like deep-sea fishing, golfing, trekking, land sailing in the desert of Grand Bara, and visiting the local market, where you can find colorful handicrafts.
View Local Area Map
- Air France 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- Douda Golf Club 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Embassy of the United States of America 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Harbour (Boat Rental and Sightseeing) 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Lac Assal 48.0 km/29.8 miles
- The Ghoubet and Volcano Ardoukoba 48.0 km/29.8 miles
- Market Bazaar 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Original Market Town 48.0 km/29.8 miles