Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel
Powered by Foursquare
Taiwan lies off the southeastern coast of mainland Asia, across the Taiwan Straits from Mainland China – an island on the western edge of the Pacific Ocean. To the north lies Japan and Okinawa, to the south is the Philippines. Many airlines fly to Taiwan, helping make it an ideal travel destination.
Located at the northern tip of the island of Taiwan, Taipei is the capital city of this economic powerhouse. The city is a commercial center with many attractions including a vibrant nightlife.
All of Taipei is at your doorstep at the Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel. The major east-west MRT line runs just in front of our hotel. A short walk brings you to all major government offices and some of the city's major tourist attractions. Major department stores, banks, and commercial centers are also within walking distance.
The tallest building in the world, Taipei 101, is a 10-minute ride from the hotel by MRT. The 508-meter structure has 101 floors and is situated at the center Taipei’s Xin-Yi area, next to the World Trade Center. The observation deck offers a breathtaking view of the city.
Even closer to the hotel, only five minutes by MRT, is the Ximending Commercial District, which is one of the oldest districts in the city and cultural center with fashionable boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops.
Located in the northern suburban area of Taipei is the National Palace Museum, which collects, preserves, and promotes the essence of Chinese arts and crafts. Accumulated over 1,000 years by Chinese emperors and royal families, its collections include ceramics, porcelain, calligraphy, paintings, and ritual bronzes. In addition, the museum also possesses many fine examples of jade and lacquer wares.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
光華數位新天地 Guanghua Digital Plaza-
鼎泰豐 Din Tai Fung-
誠品書店 Eslite Bookstore-
台北當代藝術館 MOCA Taipei-
上引水產 Addiction Aquatic Development-
二二八和平紀念公園 228 Peace Memorial Park-
Monument / Landmark
大安森林公園 Daan Forest Park-
Ice Cream Shop
Arts & Culture
- Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- National Dr.Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- The National Palace Museum 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Taiwan University Hospital 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Lung Shan Temple 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Ximending Commercial District 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Toyota Motor Company 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- 3M Corporation 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Bank of America 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- BASF 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- World Trade Center 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Citicorp 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- IBM 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- AT&T 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Taipei 101 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Texas Instruments 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Taiwan Golf and Country Club 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Linkou Golf Course 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Ta Shee Golf Course and Resort 77.0 km/47.8 miles
- American Institute In Taiwan 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- The National Concert Hall 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- Presidential Square 0.8 km/0.5 miles
- Xin-Yi Commercial District 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Huahsi Street Night Market / Snake Alley 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Shihlin Night Market 5.0 km/3.1 miles