Sheraton Kauai Resort
Lava's at Poipu Beach Closure: April 6 - May 2, 2015
From April 6 through May 2, 2015, Lava’s on Poipu Beach will be closed for enhancements. During this closure, breakfast and dinner will be provided daily in RumFire at PoiPu. Lunch service will also be available on the resort’s pool deck. Guests at the poolside will see activity related to the upgrades, and some noise is expected during the initial phase; however, the initial phase is estimated to be complete by April 13, 2015. The resort is working to ensure a comfortable poolside experience, and all oceanfront amenities will remain available throughout the closure. Please contact the hotel for further information.
The hotel is compliant with ADA. ADA compliant guest rooms are available.
Alcoholic beverage service is restricted to those 21 years or older (with valid identification).
Check Cashing Policy
Check cashing services are available to guests who present a valid, major credit card (photo identification). There is a limit of $100 per day. and $500 per week (stay).
Connecting Room Policy
Connecting rooms can be guaranteed for a fee. For more information, please contact the hotel directly.
Early Departure Policy
An early departure fee may be imposed on guests departing prior to their scheduled departure date. Fees may be up to 50% of one night's room revenue. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Extra Bedding Policy
Extra beds are available for a fee. If an extra bed is required for an additional adult, the fee is included in the extra adult charge. Cribs are complimentary.
Package Handling Policy
There is a package handling fee for all incoming and outbound packages. Please contact the hotel directly for the exact fee.
We welcome dogs up to 80 lbs and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed. If you are planning to bring your dog, it must be pre-arranged and is subject to availability.
- Dogs must always be leashed or in a carrier while in public areas.
- Dogs are not allowed in food and beverage areas, the pool area or tennis courts.
- Dogs must never be left unattended and room cleaning must be scheduled in advance for a time when the dog is not in the room.
- Dogs must not make noise or disturb the interest of other hotel guests.
Guests will be asked to sign a Dog Waiver/indemnification form and agree to pay any additional cleaning bills or repairs should it be required. Charges may apply even if damage is discovered after departure.
Credit/Debit Card Policy
Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. Authorized amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges.
Resort Charge Policy
A daily resort charge of 31.25 USD, inclusive of tax, will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services, including:
- Two bottles of water in your guest room, replenished daily
- Standard Internet Access (premium upgrades available)
- Unlimited local on-island phone calls
- Unlimited toll-free and credit card-access phone calls
- Overnight self-parking
- Overnight valet parking for the first night (10 USD daily charge per vehicle for additional nights)
- Courtesy vehicle service for the nearby Poipu area
- Kids Eat Free program: Children 10 and under eat for free from children’s menus at participating resort restaurants at designated times (one child per paying adult)
- Social Hour, complimentary for Starwood Preferred Guest® members
- 24-hour Sheraton Fitness center access
- Cultural arts, crafts, and activities, including lei making, hula and ukulele lessons, yoga and Zumba classes, tide pool exploration, and introduction to scuba diving, snorkeling, and surfing
- Games and activities on the ocean lawn
Please see your in-room activities calendar for availability and details. Resort charge fee and inclusions are subject to change without prior notification.
All guest rooms and public spaces are non-smoking. There is one designated smoking area on property, by garden lobby. A $200 cleaning fee will be charged to any guest who violates the smoking policy.