Rated 1 out of 5 by hellot What happened to this hotel?
I stayed in this hotel many times, but this stay was terrible. I was not treated as a gold member. The line for a counter was longer and slower than the one for not a gold member guests. The room was more terrible. Hairdryer was broken, no body shampoo and face towels. I'm really disappointed. I'm even wondering if the manager has been changed.
February 26, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gailo Horrible checking experience
I almost let my check-in experience ruin my stay and trip....bur I reminded myself that she had to be the exception. She was the worse. At no time did we have eye contact. What should have taken hert 5 minutes ..took her more than 15 minutes. As an SPG gold member, I felt it should have been acknowledged in some way, form or fashion. I have not stayed ata Starwood property for a while for this ver reason
February 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Flyer Outstanding staff
I have came to visit NYC after many years with my spouse. We chose this hotel for it was available to redeem points with a good rate. And, the surprise was waiting for us. One member of staff has made us feel welcome, special, important and she treated us as VIPs. Her name is Seher Funk.
The conversations, the small talk and kindness and desire to be there for us was so genuine that it left us both speechless.
Sharaton must be proud to have hired such an individual as it goes without saying, she is their true asset. I would have even slept in a balcony after such reception, as the lady has made our stay special. Absolutely outstanding.
January 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by travelgenius Less than normal experience
I have stayed at this hotel many times. This time was sub-par...when I arrived, refused to honor confirmed requests and lifetime gold status, saying they only give late check-out, entrance to club lounge to platinum as hotel is under different management. I ended up paying additional for access to club floor (had booked thru trade-show and club rooms sold-out; had called hotel to see if would give access to club at least); they did give me a room on the club floor when I paid the $25 additional per night; room was absolutely terrible with a hospitality room across and awful furnitue set-up; I was moved to another normal room that was fine; breakfast in the club was a mess next morning; dishes and used materials piled all over; food was pretty much delpeted and not being replaced; very little staffing...
The lounge that evening was good and breakfast next day had normal staffing that remembered me and service was up to expected.
The day after I checked in, I went to the front desk and was given a late check-out for the next day as normal with no issue at all.
Not sure what happened here, but the person I was traveling with was at the point of never coming back and we are longtime SPG members , have stayed here many, many times, and are both close to lifetime platinum.
February 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LordH Great service that matches the great location
I had an opportunity to evaluate many aspects of this hotel's total quality. It surpassed expectations in every instance. Herewith some specific examples:
* As a platinum member, I was upgraded to a parlor suite, which had an amazing view
* Front desk staff were always extremely warm and helpful. When a woman tried to cut the queue in front of me, the desk associate handled it perfectly, with warm firmness.
* Whenever I encountered staff around the hotel, I was greeted with genuine warmth. One member (possibly a housekeeping manager) asked me in the elevator about my stay and if there was anything they could do to make things better.
* We managed to blow a fuse or breaker in our room. I don't know exactly how long it took for maintenance to come up and fix it -- but I'm sure it was well under 5 minutes. That's probably the fastest response I've experienced in several decades of hotel stays.
* The two gentlemen at the concierge desk were very informative and helpful arranging a tour for us. Based on reviews and our own experience, they definitely recommended the best one. They also sent a nice amenity to our room!
* The lounge has a spectacular view -- though it is a bit crowded. The lounge staff work hard and are excellent overall. For example, when one staff member saw me looking quizzically at the coffee make, he immediately rushed over to make sure it was working right for me.
I stayed at this property last year, but don't remember being that impressed. I am impressed now.
February 19, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by amunoz77 Extremely Disappointed!!!
I recently stayed at this spg property on 12/4/11 and I must say I will never stay here again. I am a platinum member and disgusted with the service I received. I checked in around 9pm and was told they did not have a room ready for me. It appears there were other guests complaining that they have been waiting for a room since 3pm!!!!! The receptionist advised me they had overbooked and housekeeping was behind. All they could do was give me a drink voucher and a smile! 2 hours later I got my room @ 11pm. This is unacceptable and I am outraged I was not compensated enough points for a free stay!
December 8, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by UnhappyPlatinumSPG Check-in Process Needs Customer Service Training
I loved this property! And spent several months "living" there part time for most of 2013, but my recent interaction with checking in was shockinly unfriendly and unprofessional.
My experience dealt with employees unwilling to listen and stuck on procedures. The scenario next to involved a guest without ID and the employee was again stuck on procedure and lacked in the area of customer service, respect and professionalism.
February 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ben2012 Good location
Hotel is located centrally and in a convenient location. Check in was smooth and quick. The club lounge is open until 10:30pm which is a plus.
February 26, 2014