Rated 5 out of 5 by Annie12 Great experience.
Great value, great experience. Most comfortable.
December 5, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by vidy good
Nice handicapped room
.very clean -spotless
July 25, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tianyi Staff
The staff were accomodating and hospitable.
July 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrankT Couple of greats
Great location, good food, great amenities
February 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Justino Great Hotel
Superb service and top notch rooms.
June 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jn28 would recommend parsippany sheraton
would recommend parsippany sheraton
September 26, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by BusinessGuest Needs Improvement
The best feature is the gym.
August 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by NotHappy1 Not satisified
Not satisfied with the room.
February 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Suz871 Very friendly staff & clean hotel
Clean hotel. Had a nice time
October 30, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Wfreitas Very comfortable
Nice staff, spacious room.
September 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by mrken loved my stay
loved room bed staff great
December 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by 3littleprincesses A truly wonderful princess castle!
This past weekend my husband and I took our three little girls on a weekend getaway to an amazing castle of a hotel, The Sheraton in Parsippany, NJ! As we pulled into the hotel after our two hour drive with two 3 year old princesses and one pint size princess in a minivan ready to get out we were blown away by this castle that stood before us! Filled with such excitement to stay in a castle for the weekend, we entered the hotel which was just as breathtaking as the outside. The hotel was beautiful and the amenities were top notch as was the staff. We were very pleased with our room, but as the children were clamoring to swim, it was off to the pool! As we entered the spa/pool/gym area we were once again very impressed. We passed through a state of the art gym to enter a very clean and spacious pool area equipped with hot pool as well. The staff in the pool were also very accommodating and helpful. We enjoyed a fun swim and headed back up to our room for a little late night room service...our meal came very quickly and was very delicious! We were impressed with this hotel throughout our entire stay! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those with little ladies who would love to pretend to be a " real princess" for a weekend! Thanks Sheraton!
March 25, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Marie24 Terrible Nightmare Bed...
Hello and Good Afternoon:
I appreciate that you wanted to receive a feedback. I had good and bad experiences but overall it was a more negative than positive stay.
- The room had Starbucks coffee, tazo tea, nice tv, 100% cotton towels and furniture that gave a cozy feeling.
- The hot tub, gym and sauna were amazing.
- Front desk was excellent in customer service.
- Pillows were plush and soft.
- Room service was sloppy, leaving garbage behind, forgetting to return the trash can and leaving it at the door later on, forgetting to replace towels, admitting not knowing how to fix the bed, forgetting to bring cups and knocking for room service even when the "peace quiet" sign was on the door (twice).
- The bed was awful, I had to leave the hotel a day before because it was impossible to sleep. You could feel the springs.
- The comforter, the cotton was all in one side leaving you with a big ball of cotton in one side and all the other part of the comforter was empty.
- The free limited bus shuttle must have been really limited because it was never available in our stay from Thursday to Sunday.
- There was an activity in the communal area or living room every day and night so you couldn't enjoy staying around the hotel and needed to go up to the room.
Bottom line, this hotel looks like a castle outside and its amazing. In the inside it feels more like a 3 stars hotel than a 4 stars hotel. Bed was terrible and I wouldn't consider staying here again.
April 9, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by michelle31 Needs some work
Hotel is beautiful from the outside. However once you enter your room it's a different story. There were 2 large and and newly unidentifiable stains on the carpet. When I asked the front desk to have it looked at by cleaning team next day, nothing was ever done about it. As well in my rooms window sill I found 2 open bottles of mustard and mayo. Which leaves me to believe the sills aren't wiped down before the next occupant. Other then that sheets on bed, pillow cases and mattress pad looked clean.
Now the resturant in the hotel - Jester's court I believe it was called. We walked right in and were told to sit anywhere, took 5-10 before WE had to asked to be served. It then took 10 more minutes to come and get our order, which is ok, IF you are busy. We never got refills on drinks unless we asked and then sometimes there we were forgotten for 10-15 mins or until we got up and went to the bar to get refills on water or soda.
The 2nd night of our stay after going out for dinner we decided to have drinks in the bar, which clearly states that they were open until 2am. Well about 11:45p we were asked to close our taps, when we asked if they were opened until 2p the waiter advised he would like to leave and go home to his children(Which I have children, but at my place of employeement were I make money for my company, i would never shut it down early) Besides we were a pretty good size group and we spent a large amount of money in the time we were in there and would have continued.
February 8, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Manju This hotel has potential but needs improvement
Regarding Sheraton Parsippany, NJ
Front desk staff was very helpful and accomodating. They were nice and friendly and full of smiles, including the manager. Breakfast on 6th floor is awesome and staff up there is awesome as well. I liked the decor in the room too. Nice gym which is 24-hrs.
Cons: Rotating door in main entrance is rather hard to push. I had to assist a couple of females. They charge you $9.95 a day here to use wifi in your room which is nuts. The pool and spa isn't 24 hours! It should be! Guest are away from home and need activities to entertain themselves and should not have to work around your schedule. Not only that, but they make sure to kick you out before 10pm and there arent any towels available after 9:45. Oh and the gym here is outsourced and has regular members so be prepared to be swarmed by regular gym members from the area wanting to know who you are and what your doing at the hotel. Did I mention the pool is not 24 hrs? I got back from the office everyday around 4pm and room service still hadn't made it to my room on most days. My desk was dusty. There was make-up on my pillow. They don't change sheets during your stay. Lastly, the indian security gentlemen just stares at you when you initially walk in the building. No hello, no smile...nothing! Your suppose to make us feel secure, not scare us off. In addition, who ever is in the white security vehicle patrolling at night, speeds thru that parking lot which is just plain stupid.
In conclusion, this facility has alot of potential and the front desk has a great team but this location needs to step their game up big time. I'll be staying elsewhere next time.
July 19, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by LNNJ Not Geared Towards Families
We went for a mini stay-cation with my kids over MLKJr day weekend. Our goal: swim in the pool, watch a movie in the room, eat at the hotel and just play with our kids for a whole day and night. Unfortunately, the Sheraton made this a bit difficult for us.
1. No rooms to suit. We have two young kids that don't sleep well together (one kicks when she's out, the other talks in his sleep). We need two beds for them (ie, one for us, one for one of them and a pull-out couch would be perfect). The only way to get this was to pay to be on the club floor. OK, we were happy to do that since you are paying extra for the club lounge with snacks all day and breakfast too. We figured it was worth it. Nowhere was it advertised that they don't allow kids!!! We almost booked and I just happened to think to call. So - no reason to pay for the extra amenities if they'd let us into the lounge but not the kids! How were they supposed to eat breakfast?? We asked if we could bring breakfast back to our room for them, but no, they wouldn't allow that either. So, we had to stay on a regular floor where there are no extra beds for them. Isn't there a suit, I asked? Yes, there is, it has a pull-out too, but only two people are allowed in there. Now, tell me - what sense is it to have a suite with a pull-out couch that you could never use because they only allow two people?!?!?! Bizarre.
2. The pool area. It was super nice to have an indoor pool for the kids to play in. It's cold, though, in the winter especially, and even after swimming for just a bit you get cold. They keep the temp low for their health club members who want to work out. That's not great for kids, but ok, no problem. We specifically booked this hotel because there is a hot tub by the pool. So the kids could dip in, warm up, and go back to swimming. But wait! Upon getting there we see the big NO KIDS sign at the hot tub. No kids at all. I figured maybe they kept it too hot and were worried about little ones heating up too fast in there, I guess, but no. It's really that they don't want kids around the grown-ups. When I asked if my quiet and extremely well-behaved child could sit by me at the hot tub and dip just his feet in to warm up, the answer was NO. No feet in at all. It has nothing to do with the water, there is a cold tub there too and NO LITTLE FEET IN THE COLD TUB EITHER. It's simply a no-kids allowed policy that makes staying there NO FUN if you have a family. We were EXTREMELY disappointed. No where on the website or anywhere else did it prepare us for the fact that kids just really aren't that welcomed at this hotel.
3. Dinner. So the hotel restaurant was closed (on a Saturday night!!) and we had to eat at their pub. That means loads of tvs with various sporting games on. Our kids don't watch tv almost at all. We wanted to have a nice family dinner and talk to each other. Instead, the tvs sucked them in and it was a constant battle to get their attention back. The food was the next problem. They had stuff on the menu for kids (just no hot dogs or mac-n-cheese) but it was pretty subpar considering the cost. It was all WAY overpriced. We're talking about a $10 grilled cheese sandwich - velveeta on white bread with fries. For grown-ups - $26 for chicken, $34 for steak. And remember, you're sitting in a pub with tvs all around, a bar, and tables that don't even have linens on them. So - where's the pub food? It is not an exaggeration to say that for two adults and two children we ended up paying as much for our dinner than our room! And, no, I didn't order the steak I wanted and only one person had a drink. The rest of us settled for water. Not very family friendly.
The good news: they allow dogs (a BIG plus!!) and breakfast was yummy and totally suited to everyone.
Don't get me wrong. This might be a fine hotel for an adult or a couple, but if you've got kids, just know that they don't really make it very easy on families.
January 21, 2013