Rated 2 out of 5 by VanityDawn Don't Expect to Rest
I was very displeased at my experience with this hotel. The room was small. It had no microwave or mini-fridge, nor Wi-Fi in the room without charge. The elevator led to horrific waiting. Lines just to get to the elevators. I was so disappointed. Not mention the noise. I could hear all the noise from the hallway. This is definitely not the Sheraton way.
December 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by afost91 Home away from Home
I work in New Orleans, so I spend more time here than my own apartment :) I had to stay at another hotel last week because Sheraton was booked and I then realized how much I appreciate Sheraton NOLA. They know how to make you feel at home and always treat you professionally and respectfully.
The gym is nice and spacious. The club lounge has delicious apps and a great view. The rooms are clean and comfy. The staff is attentive and responsive. Haven't checked the pool out yet, but people seem to like it. The location is wonderful, you can walk to most places from here or take a short cab ride. Get a high floor if you can because the views are great city or riverside - doesn't matter.
I feel at home.
December 2, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BMGF problem with gluten-free meals
At the ITAA conference - the meals that were provided for people who need gluten-free was not acceptable. There was a sauce used that had wheat in it.
my colleague and I have severe allergies if we eat wheat.
- the staff who were catering to the ITAA meals were not knowledgeable on gluten-free - problem with wheat.
- the staff were not mindful/caring about our needs
- when I was presented with food that I was not comfortable eating - the wait staff rolled her eyes
- I am notifying the ITAA conference in regards to the problem.
Positive feedback - Staff in the lounge area near the front desk were accommodating to our needs.
October 19, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jill426 LOUD
Hello! I booked rooms for my parents and also my family this past Saturday (11/30) in New Orleans. It happened to be the same day as the Bayou Classic. There was non stop screaming the entire night. We were on the 18th floor and had 2 small kids with us who were terrified. I love the Sheraton, but felt like nothing was being done to keep order in the hotel during this night.
December 2, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by theoracle Lots of work needed
I booked three rooms for three nights for a group outing beginning of November.
Of all the Starwood properties I've stayed at over the years, I have to say this one needs to be most help in basic customer service of any I've stayed at.
1) Housekeeping was very unresponsive and just plain rude and loud. After calling down twice for a fresh set of towels, coffee and cups (not to make the room up totally) I went down to the lobby to make the request at the front desk. Finally housekeeping came up with the towels, but nothing else. When I asked for the rest, they said they would come back with it, but never did. I just gave up after that.
On top of that, when I left in the morning, I said good morning to one of the housekeepers in the hallway, I was just stared at with no reply. Just plain rude.
2) Valet. Normally when you give a tip to someone, you except a thank you from them. Well not with staff here. They simply took my money and asked "Name?". Again,,just rude.
3) I was told at check in I was not a Gold member when I asked about my welcome gift. I had to point out that I was and after searching they found it, but again with a less than pleasant attitude about the whole thing.
Location is great, but things like above really spoil a hotel experience for me.
November 20, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by bb1234 Just an "OK" Sheraton
Restaurant / food at buffett, cold and incomplete, unfriendly wait staff
November 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by bill2111 Very Nice Stay
The staff were friendly and helpful. They made the staf memorable.
Asking for a nickname when you do not provide imiediate feedback about it already being used is a waste of my time...
October 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by hvm22 Good hotel for business meetings
Nice location to set up business meetings.. On the edge of the French Quarter and centrally located.
I choose this hotel when I have business clients come to town.
September 18, 2013