Rated 4 out of 5 by Defensor Green Option
Was not explained well at check in. While I agreed to no linen change for 2 days, I thought there would still be room cleaning. There were no replacements for coffee nor toiletries. This is not the same situation in hotels of the same caliber.
October 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Howie84 WOW! in New Oerleans!
The Sheraton New Orleans was simply a great place to stay - the staff was marvelous to us, helped us enjoy our stay to the fullest! Smiles greeted us, and helped us on our way. We would recommend this hotel to everyone we know!
November 5, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Herman59 AAUW Convention
Great hotel - it met my expectations in every way, except one - Why is there no refrigerator? It would have been lovely to have been able to chill our water. Yes, there is ice available, but we could chill only one bottle at a time in the ice bucket.
June 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by tdtexas great stay
great room/suite. convenient to core of New Orleans sites
January 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by flixx did not like elevator call system
very nice hotel.
I do not enjoy paying for wireless internet access.
I also did not like the elevator call system that has been implemented.
Otherwise helpful staff and nice proximity to restaurants and other visitor sites in New Orleans.
October 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DanceMan Very Nice Hotel
I was in New Orleans for Business. I had a vey good stay overall. The elevators are a bit noisy, so try not to be too near. Speaking of elevators, the new technology makes using them a bit tricky as first, but later the efficiency is quite evident.
June 16, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by MJLMD DIsappointing stay
I have stayed here before and by far this time my experience was well below expectations. It started when I arrived and the valet left a car blocking the entrance on the side walk for 10 minutes keeping everyone from pulling in to check in. Then, actually checking in took another 30 minutes as individuals were allowed to jump the line and get in front of others waiting patiently. I know it was NBA All Star weekend but the staff saw this was going on and did nothing to rectify this but apologize when I got to the desk. The hotel was also loud and on the second night I received a 2:35 am wake up by a staff member trying to deliver room service to my room even though I did not order it. FInally it concluded with getting into my car and making it three blocks out of the hotel and having my tire sensor go off and finding I had a flat driver side tire with a nail in it, something that was not there when I dropped my car off.
I was there for conference meeting. We have had the meeting there the past three years. The meeting inself went smoothly and the hotel did a great job with it.
I am staying at the Sheraton with my family in two weeks as we are coming in for Mardi Gras. I believe that this experience was just an anomoly and in two weeks my experience will be great. However, I believe you should be made aware of my last visit as a way to help improve your service. I also hope that the comments about the valet are not passed off as this being a contracted service with another company. They work at the Sheraton and represent your business. If they are working at a low level of service, then this reflects poorly on the hotel.
February 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by mmchoco Problem on Keys and Cleanliness
I got so many unsatisfactory experience at Sheraton New Orleans.
1. Card Key: may troubles. NOT ONLY ONCE, I had to come back 3 times to change the card key and also the door handle itself had problem. the security and engineer told me to fix until I come back, it was not fixed even at 9pm when I was back. It was so frustrating to face this issue when I am exhausted from long work. Not only me, my assistant (room: #2701) and 4 of my clients had the same trouble. Also, we observed other guests had to come back to the front desk for the same problem
2) Cleanliness: do you tell your house keeping to wash and clean the bath tub? it was awfully dirty. I had to wash it by my self every night. Also, even I called guest service to clean my room while my absence, it was not done when I was back around 6pm. More things: house keeping forgot to leave tea bags, new cups, to dump the trash, etc. I think you should also educate /train your housekeeping staff to say at least "Good morning" or " Hi" when they see the guest in the morning. also, they shouldn't use their cell phone while working.
November 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kate Definitely the hotel to stay in while in New Orleans.
Great location, fantastic view from room
on upper floors.
Eye on New Orleans.
Easy walk to all sites to see.
Staff professional, helpful
and accomodating to needs.
Count me in on a return visit.
November 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by lld724 Conference Stay
Excellent service,clean rooms, and friendly staff. My only suggestion is that the Rhythms Room temperature needs to be warmer! Other than that, the Hotel exceeded my expectations! Thanks for a pleasurable stay.
October 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by MC26 Consistently good!
I spend more time in SPG hotels than anyone should and I have stayed at every SPG hotel in New Orleans and this is my favorite hotel for business. I have always been met with friendly helpful staff and I really like the location.
May 30, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by MarkUSMC Usually a Great Hotel
Hotel Is usually a very good place to stay. This time I had to wait in line for quite a while to check in to the hotel. The elevators took forever, more than once or twice. It was every time it took a very long time.
September 23, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by LadyGator Utter lack of Professionalism by the Management Team
It is unfortunate that I have to rate this in such a negative way because I truly love the property along with the housekeeping and wait staff. These guys are the unsung heroes and the true engine that set this property aside. They are hardworking individuals who strive to provide great service and attention to details. The accommodations are also absolutely beautiful with the renovated suites.
It appears that the same service training and accountability has not been transferred to the management team.
This is my 2nd stay at that property with the SAME issue. I opted for the green program and for some reason, I am finding myself having to go through all kinds of bureaucracy to get my points added to my account. I am owed 1,500 points which was confirmed at departure as well by the young lady at the front desk. So here is the recap:
- Once the 10 business days elapsed and the points did not appear I contacted SPG Platinum service. They apologized for the delay and offered to send a message to the property to resolve the dispute. they alerted me that someone would be reaching out.
- One day later I received an email from Christine acknowledging the message from customer service and reaching out to offer assistance.
- I called Christine back and explained that, even though, I signed up for the green program and redeemed my coupons at check-out I had yet to receive my points.I explained to her that, while I stayed for two nights, I was given an additional 500 points as a service recovery for an issue during my stay for a total of 1,500 points.
- She told me that she was not able to help in her capacity and offered to send me back to the Platinum customer service. I had to explain to her that they were very clear in stating that these are resolved at the hotel level (and I also know that from previous dispute with them).
- So she offered to send an email to the Front office Manager with a copy to me which she did the following day.
It is now close to five days later and not ONE acknowledgement of that email by the Front Desk Manager. Not ONE follow-up by anyone on that team wanting to reach out to me.
This to me takes the cake and is an egregious sign of unprofessionalism and a complete service failure.
Last year I stayed one week in March and finally resolved my green point dispute in May. just totally unacceptable and I will not allow that to be the case again this year. There are plenty of other SPG properties within walking distance and I will be happy to take my business to one of them during my next scheduled visit later this year.
Since the Management team seems to not care about an email reply, I am certain this review will get their attention. I am a LOYAL SPG Patron who has stayed at SPG hotels across the globe and is proud to call myself part of the family.I have come to expect a minimum from the respective places and I am afraid to say that this management team has FAILED to meet even the minimum expectation placed on the SPG brand.
March 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JF2014 Excelent hotel
Wonderful experience. Elegance, comfort and the best location in New Orleans
January 6, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by shushky Rest up before you arrive
room was VERY hot, especially when trying to sleep at night. Rooms were very noisy, Hotel room doors closed were loudly so when people in other rooms were leaving it would wake me up. Got no sleep during my 2 night stay.
May 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by billied50 AWESOME HOTEL
all of the Sheraton staff from bellman to front desk, house keeping were friendly, professional and polite and helpful.
December 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by PDubinLA Great Location & Service
Great room furnishings. Staff was very helpful and friendly - first time in NOLA and its a fun and friendly place. Only issue was that the remote on the flat screen was a pita. But then again, wasnt at the hotel much.
June 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Juhee No major complaints - just a couple of minor suggestions to the hotel
It's conveniently located, and I would return to this hotel.
A couple of things I wanted to suggest to the hotel management:
1) I stayed in the room 3702. The shower makes a roaring noise from the pipes behind the wall. I tried to take a shower at 4 a.m. and was scared to death that the neighboring room would bang on the door complaining about the noise. There was nothing I could do, other than not taking a shower, which was not an option. Funny thing is that it would stop roaring if you turn the dial to "COLD". But I am not the cold-shower type of person, and i suspect there are many out there who are just like me.'
2) I hate when this happens. The cleaning crew turned the shower head towards the sink, and left it that way. I turned the water on, and got completely soaked in cold water. The shower head was gigantic so I got soaked FAST. I shivered crazy for 7 minutes and had to pump up the room temperature temporarily.
3) The cleaning crew also took the power plugs off of the wall outlets for all inside lamps. Initially, I was thinking there was a master switch I had to turn on to be able to turn the lights on. I would have suspected the light bulb died, if just one lamp was not turning on. After a while, I started inspecting the lamps individually, and got on my knees only to find out that the power plugs for all lamps were plugged off. I wonder what might have prompted the action. It is not the best feeling to be on all four on the hotel carpet, even in the cleanest hotel.
February 5, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MixedReview Mixed Review
Checkin was at 3pm. I arrived shortly after 5pm and they still did not have my room ready for me. Check-in line was very long, and had to stand in that twice due to room not being ready. Then was also told that there no microwaves available for my room (even though I had requested it in my reservation), and no courtesy microwave availalble that I could use anywhere in the hotel. This was very inconvenient since I'm on a special diet. Ended up having to eat/drink everything cold. Rooms were clean, and we had the option of putting out a 'go green'
sign which told cleaning that we didn't need anything....and we were to get a $5 gift card for each day we did that. I did all 4 nights of my stay, and received only 2 cards. Another person in our party did not put the sign out as she wanted her coffee supplies refreshed every day. Her room was never cleaned, but she did at least get a $5 card each of her 4 nights. She had to call to the front desk to request coffee supplies. The program idea is a good one, but only if the cleaning staff actually follows the rules as layed out.
July 1, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by dani2678 Below Expectations
The stay as a whole was below par. First we arrived to a warm room on a hot day and it was down hill from that point. I turned down the air to 65 and left for 7 hours. When we returned the room was slightly cool. The bellhop assisted us with the A/C system but ultimately the room never cooled below 75. Unfortunately, it was 1am when I woke up, due to the heat, and found my family clammy. Then they have the concierge that was less than friendly when we asked for suggestions for local restaurants. Finally we have the pool area. The pool is small, only has one light that works in the pool and no lighting outside the pool. The area in general appear run down and neglected. I did share these concerns with the manager on duty at check out and he offered me 1000 reward points. I soon found out per a SPG operator that 1000 pts won't do anything. It takes 3000-5000 pts to even have a comp stay. So I was then comped my valet parking. This stay was to much hassle for me. Not worth the $160 a night. Wouldn't even go back for a free stay....not that they offered!!!!! Two thumbs down!
August 3, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gary846 Great location
Our second stay at Sheraton in New Orleans, we enjoyed the location and view of Mississippi River from our room. The service and accommodations were excellent. We would stay there again and recommend to others.
July 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Albee429 This hotel was very comfortable
I was in the executive suite. It was a very spacious room (bedroom, lounging and kitchenette area) with a beautiful view of the riverfront through the full length windows. The bed was ultra-soft and relaxing.
August 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Melissa32 So posh and comfortable
This hotel was beautiful and very comfortable. The staff was excellent. There was an incredible photography exhibit on the ground floor while we were there. I will stay there everytime I go to New Orleans.
August 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by traveler Hotel
The GO GREEN program leaves a lot to be desired. I had to ask every day for the $5 coupon. It was never left under my door as told to me by the front desk personnel.Other than that it was a terrific hotel
June 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JohnF Jacuzzi
Really nice hotel, but I could not believe there was not a jacuzzi.
Also, the maid cut corners and did not change my sheets
Club room was better than most. Blaine was excellent!
October 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by cp1962 best location
the rooms are very clean the staff are all very friendly wish i could remember there names so i could thank them personally it was are first time there and that means a lot thanks to all the staff
June 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lilo74 Excellent location and service!
Loved this hotel. This is the second time I have stayed here and I will come back for sure. Excellent service and the views are amazing. Very close to the French Quarter and multiple attractions.
May 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lucky7890 New Orleans Gem
Fantastic facility, close to all of the meaningful activities without being too close. Very clean and nicely decorated room - and believe it or not, quiet.
November 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Reko95 Nice hotel
Hotel was clean and staff was very nice and helpful.
December 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Norton This hotel is the epitomy of southern hospitality
The staff of the hotel was very courteous and congenial from checking-in, maid service, concierge to the food and beverage staff. I could not find one problem with my stay at this hotel.
July 23, 2013