Rated 5 out of 5 by Serge Sao Paulo
Overall, very good hotel...perhaps a bit pricey.
September 17, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by MarkH88 Extremely noisy at 3-4am on Thursday nights
I am awake because of continuous thudding base noise from the hotel's stupid nightclub still reaching me on the 2nd floor. At 3.30am and 3.45am I phoned reception to complain about the noise and at 4.15am the noise still continues.
Most sane people go to a hotel to have a good night's sleep and would expect Sheraton to make that a priority. It is clearly not a priority in this hotel that has a noisy nightclub. Nightclubs and hotels DO NOT MIX and there is no need for thudding noise at 3am, 4am.
June 15, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Karteer Just could have been better
The overall stay was just awful! One of the worst Sheraton hotels I have stayed at. Overpriced, old and need of refurbishment, internet slow or not working, staff not accommodating and don't stay there on Saturday nights as there is a club on the basement floor which played too loud music even after the 9pm curfew!
January 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by chrisf999 very poor value - never a group 5 hotel
Frankly a very unimpressive example of a Sheraton. This does nothing to help the brand.
No laundry on a Sunday, inablility to use the swimming pool most evenings as they had rented the area our for private events. The night club (to which guests are members) was closed to guests on thursday and saturday due to a private event and apparently to be closed on the friday of my stay.I could go on but the rooms are not really well reprensed by the pictures on the website; many are very tired and seriously in need of updating..... need i say more.. i could but i have run out of energy.
December 8, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Simplify Little things
Put a coffee maker in room. From the bill it seems that if the guest picks up the phone the minimum charge is $ 15.25 - if this is how the phone is billed to the hotel then this is ok. If the hotel in not billed like this then stop making money on the phone calls - add it to the room cost - it make for ill feelings if the guest thinks he's paying a lot for room and then being gouged for calls as well. If a SPG member checks in without SPG number - have a data base so you can look up the number based on the guests name
September 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by TuckCK Great room, Great night club "Club A"
Short 3 days 2 nights stay, upgraded to Club floor, honored for Your24 eventhough I did not make 48 hours request in advance, my ambassador called front desk and the manager Fernando honored the request. Great location, Great room, Club floor has good breakfast and amenities.
November 6, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 very dated
Very dated hotel, Internet not working half the time and don’t expect much more than peanuts in the club lounge (e.g. no canapés). First time and last time I stayed here!
September 17, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by js62 Sheraton WTC
Provided very dated room as Platinum member. Little value seen in Platinum status in recent stays at SPG hotels.
December 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by nadiaOm This Hotel has great features
excellent, staff, great accomodation.
i always enjoy my stay...thank you
October 7, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by FAMM IN URGETN NEED OF REMEDELING
Carpets, sofas, chairs, everything needs replacing
October 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by DocaRJ excellent service
excellent facilities and accommodation at the apartment.
Trained, friendly and efficient professionals
August 9, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by RafKam For die-hard SPG fans only
This one should only be used if you're a diehard SPG member. Whenever possible book over the phone directly with hotel as online rates are often significantly more expensive. This is more of a convention-type of hotel.
Rooms are large but outdated, even on club floor. Club lounge is good though. Wifi is ok. On Fridays and Saturday nights there is significant noise from the club downstairs, although as a guest you get complimentary access, which could be a bonus for some. There is a small pool and gym area.
Hotel is located within a specialist home decoration mall, and has a few good restaurant and fast food options, otherwise a taxi is needed for most places. Location is decent for getting to most places in SP.
There are much better value and better located options in SP.
April 15, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by crismagno At this hotel I didnt feel as I was a loyalty member
In all hotel from SPG network I've stayed so far I felt special, treat differently, as I have a platinum membership. At this one, I needed to ask for all my benefits and some of them I havent achieved. 1. It look a lot to link my membership in the system and because of that even the hotel was not full I havent receive my upgrate (they said they could offer me but just after 2 days, but even after 2 days nothing happened). 2. they didnt asked what benefit I wish to choose 3. I've asked late check out and the first answer was that I couldnt have, just when I said I was a platinum member they change the speech 4. the internet wasnt working well and no internet at the gym area 5. I've asked a space so I could have a meeting with 1 person and the only availabilyt was a paid room and this hotel has 2 floors of lounge area. 6. I asked for nutritional information about their food and the only thing I received was in my last days a letter from the concierge that he knew I had food restriction (after asking 4 times for the info) and he was dispnoblie to help me. 7. There werent any power points close to the bed to recharge the cell phone. Next time, I would choose another hotel close by, even if this one is SPG, as for me I didn't feel any difference
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TolgaySatana Good Hospitality
I strongly recommend al to prefer sheraton during Sao Paolo visit
August 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Manuelito Designer Suite
I was upgraded to a Designer Suite. Thank you very much for this.
But: I did not like the room at all, as there were two things I did not like:
1. The toilet is in the middle of the room. That's a joke...
2. The shower was extremely hot and could not be regulated.
August 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Henry75 Worst SPG hotel experience
This is my second stay here and each time stayed for 10 nights. There are no improvement vs. my 1st stay and totally disappointed with this hotel.
Below are the facts:
1. Noisy room which the Club A open from 11pm to 5 am. Strong drum made the room shake at night.
2. Poor wifi. Loss connection and took whole day to fix it. Not stable and need to keep on re-connect every 10 min. Poor speed.
3. Laundry not follow instruction. Ask to fold but hang.
4. Poor staff service handling complaint. The manager show unhappy , give not reasonable answer and not keep promise. The QA manager showed unhappiness or indirectly told me that my complaint is not reasonable.
5. Housekeeping forgot to put mineral water or laundry bag or chocolate in the room.
6. Room key unable to function and need to go to front desk 2 times to change.
January 15, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chuncher Appaled by condition of hotel
Electrical outlets in room missing covers
Air condition not working well
Reception desk English below par compared to other hotels in Sao Paulo
Access to Gym is not conducive - lobby thorugh which you have to walk should be better lit
Hallways not air conditioned
Musty smell in hallways and room
It has been a while since I stayed a Sheraton and wanted to give it another try - regretably not a good expedrience
October 27, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by AJSouza Sad to see the property downhill
I have stayed in this hotel for a long time, many times. It's sad to see how disapointing the things are becoming. The staff is great, always supportive, but this has not been enough to save the day around multiple issues, as I'd like to list:
-Many rooms are not renovated and look more like an old downtown hotel.
- Many rooms are noisy as there is a "classy" night club sharing the same space. VERY NOISY.
- Internet: Forget any voice or media using in room internet. You may be lucky in the lobby, but don't take it as granted.
- Breakfast: In the last few days, I had a hard time to be served even when there was more staff in the restaurant than the total of guests sitting (weekdays and weekends)
- Location: It is the great thing about the hotel like the staff, but the property needs remodeling / fixing
- The competing hotels around this one will be my choice next time, sadly. 2 months ago WTC was overbooked and I ended in another chain next door and the experience was great. I regreted getting back to sheraton this time. Even in the more expensive options, it pays off to have good service at breakfast as well functional Internet and renovated rooms.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Luis76 They made me feel like family
I was in the hotel for 2 months with my work team due tu business need and the staff of the hotel made feel like family, they knew our names after 2 days and when one of the team member got sick Lindoval took a taxi to the hospital with her, I cannot express the gratitude I feel for him. Thanks for going the extra mile with us!!! I will for sure recommend this hotel
November 6, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by RATRAVEL Hit & Miss
Lots of follow ups.......
July 29, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by RATRAVEL Disappointing
Average or below at best.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anna71 Attention to Detalhe is amazing
Everyone feels at Home .. The WTC Sheraton is defiantly home away from home
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CFAM Excellent Stay
Very glad with responsiveness of Sheraton Staff.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 500NightsLifetime Staff understands hospitality
Excellent staff that met my needs. Concierge was A+ as was front desk.
July 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Goldfinger Location
Nice conference facilities
July 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Russ23 Great business hotel in Sao Paulo
Had a wonderful experience with very helpful staff, great business center, Gold Starwood guest treated like royalty.
The one small drawback is the noise from the very active nightclub. Try to get a room on a higher floor!
April 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tzengia A very good hotel and a Fantastic Staff
I spend couple of nights in this hotel. Room are very clean, nice and quiet. The Sheraton staff was above my expectations; I had some personal problem and they supported me in an outstanding way. Never experienced such a level of services. If I'm in the area, I will return for sure!
July 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Gerardo87 Worst SPG experience so far...
This has been the worst experience I've had in an SPG property so far, here are the facts:
1. I booked my stay through my ambassador at a specific rate in USD and by the time I check out I'm surprised to see that my rate has been converted to BRL at the "hotel rate" which is significantly higher than the interbank rate. Watch out here, you should check the exchange rate while checking-in, otherwise you'll get robbed as I was.
2. Of course, when receiving the Starpoints for my stay. They were much less than what I actually was charged in USD. It seems the hotel used whatever exchange rate is best for its interest.
3. If you're a fan of the Green Choice Program as I am, don't get excited. This hotel puts a cap of 3 nights per stay, and if you leave the Green Choice notice for more than that, you won't get your room cleaned neither you will get any Starpoints. Been there, done that...
4. As others have said, it's an old hotel, it has an awful club inside which makes it quite noisy at nights and the overall service is very subpar.
I really hope the hotel management takes better care of their guests. In the meantime, I'm sure there are much better, less expensive options in Sao Paulo to choose from.
November 27, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Robb9498 Disappointed
Miscommunication by staff, slow response times and bad service
February 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by REW099 Very comfortable and attractive hotel
Rooms were wonderful and artfully decorated
The only downside is the location; there is very little to do/see within walking distance.
The Metro/train is accessible however
July 21, 2014