Rated 2 out of 5 by Reggie2 Disappointing at Best for Category 5 Hotel
This property is all about location. I give it two stars vice one only because of the location near Disney Parks. With or without the location, it is not worth the cost. I used points for three rooms, for two nights and quickly realized that I wasted a lot of points. A few thoughts I hope are helpful:
1. We had a standard room that came with two double beds. The double beds are big enough to sleep two adults. However, the rooms and especially the bathrooms are vastly outdated for a hotel in a Category 5 rating. Additionally, the beds are not up to the Sheraton comfort standards. The beds are hard and the bedding does not feel soft like the acclaimed Sheraton Signature Bedding.
2. The picture on the SPG website shows a beautiful resort pool and it is beautiful when you see it real time. Although the website briefly mentions you have to buy a pass to use the pool, what they don't tell you is it costs Y3800 (~$38) per person per day. That is an outrageous cost to use an outdoor pool, at a hotel you are a guest at, especially with a family. Sheraton needs to review this cost and policy if they are going to taut this place as a family friendly hotel. On that note, any amenity at this hotel will cost you more and it is not cost friendly. The bottom-line is that to use hotel services, you will get nickel and dimed to death.
3. The staff knowledge of hotel policy is inconsistent. For example: I was told as a Gold member all three rooms would get free wifi. Found out later that only one room would get free wifi. Was also told by the SPG desk receptionist I could use the indoor lap pool free of charge, went to use the pool and was told I had to pay the $38 pool fee, then later told I didn't.
4. For an international hotel, english speaking staff is not at a standard level expected. Fortunately, my wife speaks fluent Japanese so it was not a problem for us.
5. There was no apparent shuttle from the hotel to the park main gates. They claim to have a shuttle to Disney but the shuttle was not to Disney but to the Disney TRAM. Of note, the Disney TRAM is only 300 meters from the hotel entrance. The Disney TRAM takes you to the park gates, but you have to pay to use it. You can buy one way tickets or buy multiple day passes. A two day unlimited use pass cost Y800 ($8) per person. If you are there for multiple days, that is the most cost effective way to go.
There are a lot of great SPG options in the Tokyo area that are far superior to this one. If Disney is not a must in your travel plans or it is only a one day excursion, then I would seriously consider the other SPG options. Having stayed at others in the Tokyo area, the experience is far better. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone unless total cost is not a factor.
August 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Excellent Resort Hotel
It is our second visit to Disneyland. We choose Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel again because of the excellent experience we have from our previous stay.
We are not disappointed by Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel this time. We were offered an upgrade to the suite room which was spacious with nice Disneyland view. Our stay was very comfortable with the kindness service of the hotel friendly staff. They never miss out any chances to offer their help whenever they can.
The Club Lounge was great place to enjoy the beverage and snacks after a long tired day at Disney Park.
The hotel lobby have a Playstation game area to play for free which is awesome. It have different game at each individual station.
For sure we will come back for this hotel again for our next Disney trip.
February 20, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappy009 Bad Experience in the Pool of Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
I was swimming in the pool with goggles & snorkel (FINIS Freestyle Snorkel) at about 10:45am. However at about 12pm I was told by a lifeguard I was not allowed to use the snorkel in the pool. I was puzzled; the lifeguard had noticed my snorkel when I first entered the pool and also when I was using the snorkel for my freestyle. Furthermore upon checking the rules & regulation, I did not notice any indication that snorkel is not allowed in the pool. Through this incident I felt that the hotel has allowed the whim and fancy of its staff in deciding what is allowable & appropriate in the pool. Rules & regulation should clearly indicate the type of swimming apparatus that are allowable in the pool, preferably with photos & pictures so as to avoid confusion & miscommunication. Finally if an apparatus is deemed inappropriate it should be communicated with the hotel guests early. This entire incident lead to me feeling my presence in the pool of Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel is not welcomed & I was deliberately chased out.
September 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Micky7 Great hotel for family vacation
Our family stayed for 3 nights at family room on 8 floor. It was a 2 double + 2 single room. The room was big, comfortable, cute and clean with good view of tokyo bay. Breakfast was great and lot of varities. The hotel is located close to the bayside station which make it very convenience to going around disney resort. Staffs were very helpful from the check-in at welcome center to the hotel. Special thanks to Christopher Samaratunge, SPG Ambassador, who was super generous and helpful. We were very much appreciate his hospitality when our son was sick there. Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay will surely be our preferred hotel when we have a chance to visit Japan again.
April 24, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by UrbanDragun (Category 5 Hotel*) Surprising Disappointment
Why surprising? 1st encounter of staff was thru email - professional, swift, and concise. Check-in was promising upon arrival with a very welcoming atmosphere of the bell staff and gold/platinum SPG counter staff. The lobby was simple yet refined - a visual treat to enjoy... things begin to fizzle from there.
1. *Had to get gold/platinum SPG staff and bell staff to confirm how our luggage was to be handled since we arrived prior to check-in; bell staff presented us with a ticket which we gave to the G/P SPG staff who instructed us to give it to the bell staff - which we did, and the bell staff intersected us to give it to the G/P SPG staff - which we did not - thus instructing the bell staff to go and figure it with the G/P SPG staff. Result: resolved prior to us leaving to enjoy Disney. Confusion of staff was awkward
2. Hallways: Carpet appeared discolored and wet/stained
3.* Club level room: Very disappointing; - basically a room with 2 beds and a TV, 2 chairs, and a table. No desk, no dresser for clothes, no iron, no added/notable amenities, no wireless internet, internet LAN cord was very limited with its distance; 1 nightstand - which we had to bring over to the LAN cord in order to use laptop. I really felt as though I was in a motel and not a Sheraton hotel; Saver -bathroom was clean, and toilet was ultra quiet when flushed.
4. *Guest Service phone staff: Never addressed us by name, and acted as though it was an inconvenience for us to ask them for an iron; and when I questioned about wireless internet in the room, there was a brief but awkward silence, and then a brash " you don't get wireless in your room".
5. Room service (food): Hair in the food; this was swiftly handled when we notified the staff - complimentary fruit and bill reduction was provided for the inconvenience.
6. Braved room service again: Again hair was in food; I thought my wife was joking but there it was... we didn't notify the staff this time, and just left the food for pick up...
7. Club level lounge staff: Once coming off the elevators, the lounge is there - the staff looked, but didn't smile, nor greeted us. The next morning, although the personnel instructed us where breakfast could be had - which was on another floor, their demeanor was not very welcoming. They also told us that the lounge was for business access as if to discourage us from coming back.
8. *Restaurants: Buffet style was very average; no speciality dish. Aesthetics was nice. Order menu was the same as room service menu - consisted of about 12 items.
Asuka restaurant started off a bit rough, but was very pleasant and food was wonderful.
I could write for awhile, but I will conclude as follows:
Based on my visit - this was not a good visit. I would however recommend Asuka Restaurant .
May 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mie1906 Great stay with family
Stayed 2 nights during Christmas season. Great hotel for stay with kids. Special floor with theme rooms. Quiet at night as expected from families with kids. Breakfast with plenty of choice and catering the young ones aswell. Evening buffet didn't completely meet our expectations but still great choice with kids. Room was nicely decorated and nothing negative. Only our view was a bit disappointing (next door hotel mainly) but didn't spoil the fun. Car parking in basement perfect and convinient. Overall very good and for sure coming again in the future when visiting next doors park.
December 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Merv39 Guest interactive
Engaged guest on enquiring on their needs very well.
September 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by booboo14 excellent near park
this hotel met with every expectation that we had. So close to the parks, free WiFi at the Links, clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and attentive. Food at the buffet was rather expensive and for a family of 4 of us eating here would have gone way above our budget.
June 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Simon5 Fabulous Sheraton
Sheraton Tokyo Bay was absolutely fabulous. The room upgrade ewe received as an SPG member made our stay the best Sheraton rest since becoming a member many years ago. The food and beverage along with the service was second to none.
June 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robbins Convenient and Comfortable
Big room, big bed, with nice view!
Close to the train station and easy to go and back by walk.
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by NAH76 Fantastic place for a family
We stayed at this hotel with our three kids (aged 7, 4 and 9 months). Our room was very comfortable with great beds, a large and super modern bathroom and very spacious. It was great value for money. We got a room on one of the themed floors which added to the kids' enjoyment. We also used the SPG Kids Pass for our older children's food, and that was a good deal. The food in the Grand Cafe was mostly good. We enjoyed the Continental Breakfast and the dinner menu. I only have a couple of minor criticisms, and they both relate to the restaurant. The kids' buffet was almost entirely "junk food": chicken nuggets, fries, waffles, chocolates etc. There was fruit and yoghurt too, but there weren't some more obvious healthy options: toast/sandwiches, cheese and crackers, vegetable with dinner etc. It made it hard to ensure the kids got a balanced meal. I also found the service in the restaurant quite slow, even when it was quiet. But it was very friendly service and these were only very minor issues with an absolutely great holiday.
June 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CKC1 Best Service & Food Starwood Hotel
This is by far one of the best Sheraton Hotel I have stayed. Staff are extremely attentive and their food quality is exceptional.
June 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MAC671 Outstanding!
As usual, the amenities and staff from check in to check out are outstanding!
June 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jll888 Room to Improve
We arrived at the Disney Resort Welcome Center in the morning to check in and found there is a long queue. We waited for almost 45 minutes to get our turn to check in. By the time we reach the Disney park, the fast pass for the attraction we planned to get already finish which is quite a disappointment. We hope this will get improve and also hotel can provide some priority lane for elite member to check in.
March 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ben2012 Not a hotel for business travelers
This hotel is great to take your kids/family on a weekend getaway to Disneyland, but probably not the best if you are traveling for business. The hotel also does not have very good access to the city, and does not have actually have complimentary shuttle service to the train station (as advertised).
The facilities at the club lounge were also somewhat disappointing for a Sheraton hotel caliber.
January 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Third Visit to Tokyo Disneyland
This is out third visit to Tokyo Disneyland. No doubt Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay still our first choice to stay. We have not been disappointed for this stay where the hotel had arrange a suite room upgrade again for our 3 nights stay here in Tokyo Disneyland. The staff is still very kind and helpful which make our stay very comfort. It will be our choice of hotel again for our next visit.
October 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by CK9923 Wonderful family holiday
Thanks to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay!
Espcially recognition to helpful sheraton hotel club lounge staff, Yokoda and Fumika for last minutes transportation arrangement to make my trip smoothly reached and leaved hotel.
Not to forgot nice and good ppl likfe GSM : Mr Christopher with good comunication, smilling face and good arrangement based on customer need!
November 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Horatio This hotel excels in service
I am a tough grader and stay in stay in Starwood hotels worldwide.
Whether you are looking for R&R near Tokyo, as am I, or travelling from afar, a stay in the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay is a superb choice.
Outstanding service, from the Ambassador at the Concierge area for Gold/Platimum members..
At the station, upon immediately entering the Disney
Area, you will find a check-in second floor for Starwood. Your bags will be directly to your room while you enjoy the Disney Parks, Land or Sea.
You can walk easily from the Monorail stop to the hotel.
This is an original Disney Hotel, so Tokyo Bay is an aged dowager, but it is well preserved.
And the service is exquisite. The ambassador accompanied me to my room. And when I wanted to take a special picture of Mt. Fuji, the sea, and Disney, a hotel staff worker came up, opened another room, and let me shoot.
I plan to visit Tokyo Bay many times in 2013. Door to door from my place in Tokyo, it is less than an hour away.
January 1, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by YuKK 大きな失望
May 4, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Angela01 Good location for Disney
Hotel and room decor and furniture old and in need of update. There is no non-smoking one bed room suite. This is a family hotel, smoking should be banned.
September 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by MannyPalafox Need improvements to EARN my recommendation
Hallways leading to guests rooms is smoke filled, even in the No Smoking floors. Need to install new carpet and paint walls to rid of odor.
Need to have at staff at all times (2 minimum if you are going to maintain two lobbies (1st floor and 2nd floor). We arrived on 1st floor with no welcome host or staff member.
You need a separate Concierge desk with a qualified staff member that speak fluent English, know many restaurants, shops and places to recommend (not just Disney ticketing).
The buffet downstairs need to have more Japanese items on the menu. During our 3 night stay, we only had Japanese octopus balls. We are in Japan, you should represent Japanese cuisine along with the other international menu items. For the price we pay, each guests deserve it. Pizza and pasta fillers and rice is not satisfactory. You also need better menu available for late dinner, the price is discounted but still considered high.
The rooms themselves are fine/average. Although some need renovations. Dolphin rooms are dated and need renovation. Had to be upgraded to Penguin room which was slightly better.
Also, fitness room and swimming pool should be standard ammenities. No extra charge! That is an insult and disrepectful, when other hotels offer it as standard included already in hotel rate.
August 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Chengfamily Fun-filled holiday
My family spent a great time in this hotel, especially my two little daughters. The birthday decorations are great, with the card with our names which is out of my expectation. Should spend more time in enjoying hotel facilities next time.
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 Facilities very good for family travel
Location is very close to the bayside station of Disney resort line, just across the road arrived already. You may also take the shuttle bus instead for walk. Price is low and room size is big. We stay in a family room which have 2double bed and 2 single bed. Room also provided a doing table and 2colourful chair for children. The room service (food)is nice too, curry rice, spaghetti, rice w chicken &egg, congee, all taste good, esp the daily recommended spaghetti. For a 5star hotel, the price of food is not expensive too. Hotel also provide self laundry services for customers, washing machine and drying machine provided for wash the cloths and dry the cloths as you like.
July 3, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TravelBoy14 Enjoyable stay to visit the theme parks
Enjoyed a several night stay to visit the Disney theme parks. Hotel location is convenient with quick transport options to the parks. Hotel public facilities are clean and modern. The guest room was spacious but the furnishings were dated. Even if you don't have a theme park view, I enjoyed the other view which overlooks towards the sea as with the balcony open you can enjoy a fresh breeze. Staff were all polite, in particular the ladies who took our bags and assisted with the airport shuttle bus arrangements were extra courteous. A great finishing memory of our stay at this hotel property.
May 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marie Big Bang for our Buck...
The only problem was that we had just one night to enjoy this wonderful hotel. We checked our luggage, checked in and received our room keys at the Sheraton counter at the Disney Resort Center (just off the train) without even stepping foot inside the hotel. This allowed us to begin our day at Disney Sea right away without dealing with our luggage. When we arrived at the hotel, after a long day at Disney, we went straight to our room and our luggage was there. Complimentary tea and coffee and a bottle of water were in the room. Robes, slippers...it was very comfy. I would absolutely choose this hotel again.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Betty0318 Good Service, Kindly Staff
1. When I arrival Maihama Disney Service Centre, The Hotel Staff told us need pick up my parcel when I coming at night, but when I arrived all things already in my room.
2. Although the facilities is a little bit old, I am not sure I see the cockroach under the TV cabinet or not; the but some sweet service in side, like the stair for baby washing hands, providing baby's bathing bag.
3. How lucky for us, we lived in the front of the sea.
4. The most forget thing is we had so many
baggage, would like to borrow the stroller, then the staff coming and very kindly.
June 11, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Andy773 Family fun
This hotel is good for families, if its just a couple I would not use this hotel again. The food was ok to bad at the buffet.
You had to pay to use the pool and it closed at 5pm when the sun did not go down till 7pm, why?
Not impressed with the hotel.
July 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by PPH68 Good location to Disneyland and Disneysea
For family who plans to go to Disneyland and or Disneysea, this hotel is very closed to the Disney monorail station (2 minutes walk). Rooms in this hotel is considerably spacious but a bit old. We had two ocean deluxe rooms but the air conditioning did not work well as the rooms were not cool. The staffs are friendly though, and they speak English well.
July 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by HiGeoff Great for Disney Land/Sea but not for Tokyo Visits
Don't get me wrong. This is great hotel if you are there for Disney tours, but not if you need to visit/commute to Tokyo.
The cost of taxi trip to Tokyo city is around Yen 8,000-9,000 and it takes about 40 min. Another option is to take trains (Disney monorail, JR Keiyo to Hatchobari, Roppongi, in my case) if you want a cheaper option for under Yen 1,000. It takes about 75 min to 90 min depending on the connections and how fast you walk between changes.
Also, I found the breakfast is below my expectation. Extremely small selection for the amount of money you pay.
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Horatio A superb choice
We returned to this hotel for a third time and will return again several other times this year. The staff is quite helpful and friendly, and the hotel is a great choice for R&R from Tokyo at Disney.
One of the delights of the spacious buffet restaurant is to see so many really happy kids with their parents walking around, all well-behaved. The spa area and pool (25 meters) is very comfortable.
The fitness center does not have more than a couple of treadmills and elliptical machines. Sheraton should install others, perhaps a Smith machine, something for resistance training.
March 6, 2013