Rated 3 out of 5 by saikat Older hotel,but still nice
I stayed at a club room as a Platinum member. The room was bigger than I expected with a sink, fridge, and microwave in the living area.
The lounge was moderate size but well kept.
Only bad thing I encountered was that I would find a lot of small mosquito like bugs in the room. Since the property is older, some of the rooms exit directly to the outside instead of a central indoor hallway. Therefore, when housekeeping comes to your room, it's likely they keep the door open allowing bugs to get in. One night I saw four flying bugs and one crawler.
I would probably stay here again, but I would request a room that is inside the main building instead of one of the outer rooms.
June 12, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by RR17 Unwelcomed
Greeting when arrived was unfriendly. Was made to feel of less value because we were "only" Gold Level members.
May 28, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by John8 Night Mare
Your Valet send us to the wrong building then when we check in we found out that we are at the first building that we came. One of the room that we booked supposed to have two double bed and we found out that it does not have any bed at all except a sofa. I am a handicap and I have to walk with crutches again. We request for handicap room but it is not available. During check out you mess up the bill with internet access that I did not use and $22 for parking although I was told that being a handicap I can park at the handicap self park for free. It was a terrible stay and I was very disappointed with the crew.
September 5, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by jacobcu Another terrible Sheraton
This hotel could be so great...but is really quite bad. I have stayed here 3 different times, and found the following items unacceptable:
1) The lighting is ridiculous. You have to turn on every light in the room to reach a decent amount, and then you're sorry you did because...
2) The rooms are not very clean. The carpets are dirty, and the beds have down comforters that have turned yellow from prior guests' sweat. The pillowcases are also too small for the pillows, so I hope you're okay with marginal hygiene.
3) For your comfort, you have the choice of "amazingly cold" or "uncomfortably hot."
4) If you like highway noise, you're in luck. This hotel is right next to the highway, and the windows, if insulated at all, are way too thin to block out any noise. The floors and walls are also extremely thin...so thin that you can hear people in the next room very clearly.
5) Like all Sheratons, the concierge lounge is a joke. With your choice of 3 tired muffins, warm milk and cereal, or fruit (with fruit fly larvae) make this the signature Sheraton breakfast. The lounge is also staffed by either a very hard working woman, or an indifferent college girl who can't be bothered to look away from her computer to even acknowledge you. She will, however, shout "think yeeewww!!!!" (without looking up from her computer) when you leave. I guess that counts for something?
6) Think you'll get a better room because you're Platinum? Think again. I got a room right off the parking lot with used toilet paper on the bathroom floor, plus all manner of plant materials throughout the floor of the room.
7) The room service menu is pathetic and poorly executed. There is very little selection, and the hours of room service operation are ridiculous. The food is generally terrible.
8) The fitness center is big, and even bigger if they were to remove all the equipment that didn't work. My last stay, almost all the cardio equipment was broken.
The Sheraton brand is, in my opinion, the most wildly inconsistent in the world, and this hotel furthers that impression.
November 28, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by sp79 Nice & quiet
This is a nice and quiet hotel, and pretty hidden. There are several buildings that make up the hotel, so only 2-3 floors per building, which give it very cozy/homely feel rather than a 20 story business hotel.
Club is pretty good, though they turn off the coffee machine in the evenings.
Overall a great hotel if you're in the SD area, not so sure if it's a true 4 star though.
May 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mylove1712 The hotel is very nice and clean :D
When we arrived at the front of the hotel in La Jolla Village Drive, im a little bit disappointed because the hotel is low rise and it looks old outside, and it seems no one will took care of the trees and plants. But when we get inside,I'm so amazed! The staff are nice and the hotel is so clean ,it looks new to me.
March 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midge1970 Great Customer Service
We would like to send a "Thank You" to Scott and Willaim for their Great Customer Service. Everyday they greeted us and made us feel welcome!
See you both again on our next stay.
May 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by organizer Staff is amazing
Incredible staff. Worked very closely with us to accommodate large group with intricate schedule and needs.
May 13, 2013