Rated 4 out of 5 by BDGal Great Hotel - Rotten Room
I stay at this hotel often and love it and the people. I usually like the Club Level. The Club Level room I had this time was horrible...2218. It was small and felt cramped, but worst of all, I heard the elevator go up and down all night. Just miserable. On the plus side, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. I hate to give this property a less than stellar rating, but if this was my first visit, I probably would not have come back.
April 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Husker Great Hotel with great people
It all started at check-in. The freindly professional greeting was very warming. What a great team they have at this Sheraton!!
April 3, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by 10309dlp Small Room and Noisy
Rooms are not soundproof. Next room conversation (sometimes loud). Every time doors of near by rooms are closed, the bed shakes. Ruined my night. Totally unacceptable.
Club room Staff was excellent
March 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 FABULOUS HOTEL BUT IBAHN INTERNET HAS ISSUES
This is a fabulous hotel, beautiful location, beautiful rooms, beautiful club lounge, fantastic food, fantastic fountainview restaurant, very friendly and helpful staff. The only issue I have here is the IBAHN internet connectivity. This visit was great but I had to spend over 1 hour with an IBAHN internet staff who tried very hard to connect me to the internet. Eventually he gave up and asked that I try to connect in 30 minutes again. I tried but it did not connect again. The next day I received a follow up call from an IBAHN internet staff person asking me whether I could connect to the internet and that was nice. The service seemed to work in the morning but the evening was bad.
Overall EXCELLENT hotel and you will enjoy staying here.
March 25, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by drewbydean Wireless Capabilities need improvement
Having robust wireless capabilities in all rooms for all guests should be of paramount importance for any hotel in 2013. I understand the hotel was sold out, so many were using the network; however, hotels should plan for maximum usage. I got kicked off several times, download speeds were slow, etc. On a side note, both the sink and tub had drainage problems.
March 22, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Snowbirds Customer service was great
Front desk agent was very understanding & helpful to reassign a room at 10 p.m. After our experience with very noisy neighbors.
We were trying to sleep after a long day on the road, the agent was empathetic to our situation & in no time she found a quiet, non-connecting room on the same floor. We had a great night's sleep! Thank you Sheraton for caring!
March 18, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by sleeplessinMahwah unacceptable room location
the room was located right next to the elevator shafts!!! The noise of the elevator operation was constant throughout the night.
I would suggest changing the use of that smaller than average space of a hotel room to other than accommodating a Sheraton guest.
A noisy restless night was not appreciated much in that room.
March 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 The BEST of the BEST.
Truly an amazing hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The location is romantic and beautiful. The rooms are great. Junior suites are amazing and hotel has excellent SPG recognition.
I have been consistently staying at this hotel and it has become my home away from home. I highly recommend staying here.
March 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by vic52 Lovely hotel, accomadations, staff, and surroundings!
Perfect place for large groups! We come every year!!
March 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dollface66 Fantastic!
Upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony and Donna at the front desk with the best customer service I have encountered in some time. Throughout our stay the staff were unbelievably professional. The rooms were clean, the food good and the beds, well let me just say as soon I hit the bed I was out!
The pool was warm and CLEAN! I can go on forever as to how fantastic this hotel is! I would definitely return and tell others about it.
March 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGuyFromSG Totally unforgettable stay! Will be back!
Chose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah because it is in one of the preferred hotels in my corporate list. Stayed for 2 weeks (18 Feb - 1 Mar), had a very memorable and totally unforgettable stay.
Am typing this in the room on 15th floor now, my last day of stay here, am kinda sad to leave here. Will give my reviews below:-
1) Room is very clean, well maintained. Bed and pillows are extremely clean and comfortable. Radio is a perfect daily companion. Coffee machine makes delicious Starbucks coffee! And everyday I get a complimentary bottle of purified water, clean sheets, tidied bed, fresh towels, etc. Absolutely fantastic, everyday I look forward to coming back to the clean and fragrant room. Oh, not forgetting I have a great view of the beautiful sunrise every morning... absolutely lovely!
2) Air conditioner/Heater is great. It's close to end of winter now, still chilly, but the heater works great. It comes with low fan and high fan options - high fan perfect to heat up the room fast when I get back from the chilly weather outside, low fan absolutely great for sleeping, warm yet not hot. High fan is a little noisy, but nothing disturbing.
3) Staff here are brilliant! Room service is quick and food served hot (Thank you John!). Restaurant staff are polite and friendly (I won't forget Lucy, still love your lovely hair and smile, hope you like the poem!). Cathy, the lady who prepares the breakfast at the club level almost every morning, is friendly and always smiling. Great to start the day with Cathy around. Front desk staff are generally nice (Thanks Jon for passing me the parcels I get everyday. Lisa, you'll look very pretty if you smile more. hehe). And not forgetting Marie, the friendly lady who drives me back to hotel from office almost every evening, thank you for being always so cheerful and chatty! And of course I thank every staff whose names I unfortunately did not note down! Thanks for making my stay unforgettable!
4) Limo service guy Boris is a very amiable elderly guy who has lived in US for 40+ years! haha, very friendly and chatty. Thanks Boris for sending me to and from Woodbury Common and JFK airport!
5) Laundry is quick! Able to get back nice and clean clothes within a day if send to front desk by 9am! Absolutely impressive! A little lint found on shirts, but nothing too unsightly.
6) Wifi reception is fantastic. Fast and reliable! I'm using the wifi to surf the net now.
7) Convenience/Gift shop is not spectacular, just a corner little shop on the mezzanine level, but contains everything you need, from toiletries to snacks to fruits to postcards to stamps! Everything you want! Friendly shop owner too. :)
1) A few glitches in the evening shuttle service. Need to keep better records of where/when to pick the guests. Christine, the Director of Rooms, personally emailed me to apologize though, after a colleague helped me call to complain. No biggie, forgiven! :)
2) No in-room safe. I need it to keep my valuables and passport. Don't prefer to leave them with the front desk safe.
3) Bathroom does not have sufficient shelf/cupboard top space to place toiletries.
Think that's all!
I wanna express my utmost gratitude to all the staff of Sheraton Mahwah for making my stay so memorable. I will be back again, at least once a year for work. Will definitely choose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah again because of you guys!
Can Lucy contact me? :P
February 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mary333 Sheraton Crossroads
Enjoyed this hotel. Staff is very friendly. Room was very clean - really liked the ECO Green idea. Just wished the restaurant or a gift store to pick up a few snacks was open since I arrived late nite Sunday. Enjoyed my stay here.
February 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lisa50 Need GO GREEN awards
I always stay at the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel when in town. I am surprised that they are not including the GO GREEN awards program for each room . I stayed on the 22nd floor with the club room, which had the best staff, friendly and will to help. The club room was very nice, but the room I stayed in 2224 needs improvements, the shower head, the chrome was pitted on the lamps and sink. The furniture is outdated, the ceiling needed to painted, but everything else was nice. Just some improvements.
February 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by familytrip clean and comforatble
Hotel was very nice. Only issue was that getting on and off the roads was a bit confusing.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nurs07 Great stay
The staff was wonderful and accomodating. The facilities were great. Only issue was the smell of the rooms upon arrival. Either someone was smoking in our room or the room next to us, or it was the cleaning products they use. We kept the door open for a while and the smell got better, but never totally went away. Overall a great place!
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ed57 A gorgeous hotel
Very eye appealing hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Any request I made was taken care of promptly.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 FABULOUS HOTEL
Another fabulous stay. The staff is like family, very friendly and courteous. The junior suites have fabulous views and the club lounge is a treat. The staff at Fountain View are very friendly and helpful. This is a very beautiful hotel located amidst mountains. Choose this SPG property to experience the best and achieve tranquility.
February 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Washman6044 enjoyed my stay
my wife and i enjoyed our pre valentines day stay. a last minute get away made at 3pm the same day we stayed. the club was excellent. the two ladies that hosted the club breakfast were pivotal in that assessment due to their helpfulness. My wife absolutely enjoyed the bed/ room set up.
February 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer This Hotel use to be great,,,now its middle of the road
I asked for a large room... got a small room... Dog barking all night in the next room over...kids running around making noise....
put the kids and the dogs on there own floor
February 12, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Guest Disappointed
The Fountain View breakfast was cold and no cook was on duty to prepare the eggs so they were hot. The sausages and bacon were also cold. I couldn't enjoy the French Toast because there was no sugar free syrup. I ate breakfast 2 out of the 3 days spend at the hotel as soon as the restaurant opened and the food should have been at it hottest point. The price was too high for the quality of the self serve breakfast. I elected to eat elsewhere on the 3rd day.
February 8, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by jen409 The hotel could use some improvement
1) I like that you have a parking deck - I don't like that it is poorly lit. I usually leave the hotel for work before the sun comes up and after it goes down, the parking deck just does not feel safe.
2) The showers and sinks drain poorly!
3) The doors are loud and poor sound proof - you can hear everything in the halls clearly, including the elevator ding, from your room.
4) There is usually at least one long dark hair in the bathroom every time I come - I am a blond.
5) coffee in the lobby would be a nice perk.
6) some rooms really need new carpet/furniture
February 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Your staff are champs!
It's always a pleasure to say at your hotel. The staff, facility and food are top notch...keep up the great work! Best,
February 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by NYYanks527 Super Stay
Was in town immediatley following Super Storm Sandy. The hotel was heavily populated with emergency workers, so it was not a typical stay. however, the staff provided all of the standard levels of service I have come to expect here in spite of the circumstnaces. Great job!
January 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by deejay Wi Fi issues
There needs to be a better way for musicians/djs to get on-line without paying money to download music if needed.
As an entertainer, I have been to many a hotel that allowed me to have the code to use for downloading music for no cost. It didn't matter what room/area I was in.
On Saturday (1/26/13), I was told that since the group I was affiliated with didn't pay for this service, I couldn't use it. After discussion, I was given a code which did not work properly..
This matter needs to be looked at.
January 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE TO EXPERIENCE THE BEST
Another fabulous stay, nestled amidst a mountain range with the most beautiful views ever. The fountains and gardens are truly romantic. There a number of Canadian geese around the pond and children will love them. The staff is most courteous and friendly. Fabulous SPG recognition. The food in the club lounge is excellent. Credit goes to new manager and every staff member who strive to make your stay the very best ever. There are too many people to thank and I would like to thank EVERYBODY for making my stay amazing.
January 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by van07601 Comfortable and great for families
Great room - comfortable bed, not enough storage space, but we were only there overnight. The gym was very nice as was the breakfast buffet. The pool was over-run with toddlers, so husband couldn't swim, but we celebrated a birthday at the disco. Shallow tub, but good water pressure in the shower. Excellent staff.
January 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Tonymanero1974 Very poor food , and expensive.
I was disappointed with my stay for two reasons ,
1) the food here was dreadful and expensive , which makes it even harder to swallow (no pun intended).
2) the level of cleanliness was also poor.
However a positive note , the shuttle bus driver was incredibly friendly and a credit to the Sheraton.
January 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ConsulCT Sheraton Mahwah
If you are a frequent business traveler to Northern NJ the staff at the Sheraton Mahwah will make you feel at home. In particular I can't say enough good things about Pam and Lorrie as well as Marie, Karen and William. I hope to see these folks at the Sheraton for a long time.
January 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGal Always Great!
I stay at this hotel frequently. Everyone is so friendly. They make me fee at home while traveling. I especially enjoy talking with Kathy in the lounge while having breakfast and preparing for my day! I missed Bill this trip. I hope he is doing better and look forward to seeing him next time. Thanks to all at Sheraton Mahwah!
January 11, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JoZ8 Waste of Money
Obvious upon entering the room we realized that the walls are thin as we heard the conversation in the next room as if they were in my face. This was New Year's Eve. We left our room near 6PM and returned near 4AM in the morning . When I adjusted the temperature on the the thermostat the vent area made a loud banging noise, enough to give your heart a good pang. We thought that it was the initial noise when the fan turned on?? . Not .This happened about every 14 -15 minutes. It was now near 5 AM . We never got any sleep and it was beyond the time to have a room change .We would be checking out after eating breakfast at the Hotel anyway. Their breakfast was horrible.
We did not complain , not sure if we were just to tired or we figured we would not come back here again . It was a costly mistake and we were told this was the best in the area. Who new?
January 6, 2013