Rated 1 out of 5 by CM16 Worst night of sleep in a hotel
The noise level the night of 2/23 was unbearable. I was on the 10th floor and was kept awake until well past midnight because of the noise coming up from the Rum Fire Bar. I had an all-day meeting the next morning and it was important that I got a good night's sleep. There was also a family with a baby staying next door. The baby cried throughout the night -- probably because of the noise from the bar. The walls seem to be very thin because I could hear this baby cry most of the night night. Bottom line: it was the worst night I've ever spent in any hotel anywhere. My entire next day was ruined due to lack of sleep. Very unacceptable.
28 février 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by joeyg13 Less than desirable
The hotel is in a good location, however they nickel and dime you for everything. The rooms need significant updating, I felt I was staying at a motel six, however the price was five times the cost of a motel six. This hotel needs significant updating for rooms and outside appearance. I have stayed in nice hotels around the world, and price is no option, however I feel I was taken advantage of with the accommodations.
10 février 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by HaupiaPie Inconsistent Service
Service was very inconsistent from my stay the week before. I stayed there for the first time while on business and had a very pleasant experience, service was great. I decided to cancel my existing reservation and switched to the Sheraton Waikiki when returning for vacation the week after with my husband (we always stay at hotel on the strip). This time none of the perks were accommodated: 1) no lei at check in, 2) room upgrade was to a large, dirty, smelly, unrenovated room with 3 double beds for just 2 people, 3) no customized program with my name on it, 4) no one time access to the club room (I had to ask for it), 5) no late check out (I asked again the morning of my departure and was given a temporary room to stay in until 4:00). The view from the room was not direct ocean front but satisfactory compared to everything else. After my experience the week prior (all of the above in a large renovated, clean room with decent view), I talked up the great service and convinced my husband to change the reservation, of which I looked foolish since we were treated like second class citizens even as a gold member. I used points for this stay vs paying for the room week prior so perhaps this is the reason I didn't get great service? Very unusual since I always stay at the nicer Starwood Hotels and often using points, which has always been a great experience everywhere else. I understand this is the busiest Sheraton and always sold out but that was the case during my business stay as well when experiencing great service. Very disapointing - I won't return to this location again and am now skeptical of Sheraton Hotels.
7 février 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Andy This hotel is a disgrace
For $400 for one night this hotel is a total rip off. Check in was easy that's about the only good thing about it. The entrance to the hotel lobby is like walking in a mall. The room was cheaply furnished, actually the furnishings were crap. The carpets in the hallways from the lift to the rooms were old and dingy. The over all appearance depressing.
The next morning I had a 10am flight. I was expecting to go down to the restaurant and have breakfast. It didn't open until 6,30am but when I got down there a que was already formed and would have had to wait an hour to be seated. Had to get breakfast from the local takeaway in the lobby. Do yourself a favour stay away from this hotel. Im also an SPG member.
28 janvier 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by mimi222 disappointing to say the least
Stayed at Sheraton over 12 years ago and couldn't wait to return. Booked 3 rooms for 2/3 days in Nov. Ocean room very generic is decor. Black fluff found on bed sheets. When asked to have sheets changed, maid quite rude. Hotel reeked fo cigarette smell. Sheraton even booked one of our rooms that allows smoking. Had to be change because person meant to stay in that room suffers with asthma. Met with a cold reception at desk when trying to change room
Sad that Sheraton has deteriorated so much. Needs major renovation.
12 janvier 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jackie2018 Room was dirty at check in.
Upon checking in the room was dirty had used soap and wash clothes in bathroom. After calling front desk instead of sending someone to clean room, they sent sheets and new bathroom washcloths and towels. Had to go to front desk to request to be moved to another room.
7 janvier 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by mike64 Dissapointed
When we arrived we were given a room which was far from clean the bathroom still had hairs on the toilet seat the bathtub floor had dirty footprints and the bedsheet cover had cofee stains. we complained and were shown a second room which was only slightly better, we only found hairs on the bedsheets this time. Frustated and annoyed we asked the for the manager to see this for himself who then offered the room to be cleaned thouroughly again. No one should have to call the duty manager especially in a Sheraton to get a clean room.
6 janvier 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by GioGio The worst hotel
The people are NOT very kind. Ugly
19 décembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by ka12 Ken askew
When I went to check in my reservation was booked but it was not booked by using points that I had requested. The person at the reservation desk told me that I would have to call the platinum line to book using points. Your reservation people should be able to do this! I got everything handled and then the person didn't know what to do so she left the desk to talk to someone in the back. I stood their 20 minutes! After a 10 hour flight I was not happy. She came back finally and finished the reservation. I then asked to speak to the manager....she then disappeared for another 10 minutes....at this time I was furious! The manager did come and I asked for his card because I was so mad and knew it would not be a good conversation and would speak to him once I calmed down. I have stayed almost 60 nights this year in Starwood Properties and have never been treated so bad. I would like a response from you. Sincerely, Ken
18 décembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Traveller1357 Very Disappointing
Very disappointed with this hotel for our 3 night stay in this hotel. I would have expected more from a $300 above per night hotel room (let alone being a SPG/Sheraton hotel).
1) No credit for platinum member: Being a platinum member of SPG I have make it a point to book a Starwood hotel during my first visit to Hawaii (thinking for the loyalty program and also to guarantee a certain level of service and quality of facility) . When I check in I have been told by the hotel staff that since I have booked this as a package through a travel agency, I will not be credited for my stay nor would I be getting any "benefits" of my platinum membership. Very disappointed and the hotel did not even try to do anything about it. Even more disappointed when the hotel does not even meet my expectation as a "expensive hotel" (see more below).
2) Rude staff at Front Desk: When I get in line waited and there is an open counter, I went up and expected to get checked in, the front desk staff just "shoo" me away back to the line to wait for another person. (Would appreciate to be treated nicer with some politeness, ). Got back in line, another staff was available, went over, we had 4 people on the same reservation with 2 rooms. The staff asked the other 2 person to check in at another counter, I told them that we are on the same reservation and would like to check in together and the front desk stuff gave me a bad face. Staff are rude, not friendly and not helpful at all.
3) Bad room arrangements: I have a party of 4 in our group and booked into 2 rooms and I was told that we would not be able to get adjacent rooms (I am NOT asking for connecting room). We were told that we are at different floors, the staff say she would try to do something, but ended up still giving us different floors and said that we are on closer floors now with only 2 floors difference. (When you are in a big hotel, what is the difference between 20 floor difference vs 2 floors difference between the 2 rooms. We want to be close to each other!) We have been told is that the hotel is very busy and they are not able to arrange adjacent rooms nor even rooms on the same floor (reservation over 2 months ahead, not 2 days ahead!!!). Granted that when I request to talk to the manager, the hotel front desk manager did try to compensate by granting access for the club lounge for us, but we already have breakfast included in our package and the lounge access is pretty useless for us, at least he try. (I would still prefer to have a closer rooms or offer us something that is more "useful" for us as compensation).
4) Room view different then booking: Was booked into a mountain view room. However, when I get into the room, I can only see hotel buildings next to us from the window.
5) Lack of "furniture" in room: The room is generally clean. However, there is no chair, shelves, or small table to place larger personal items other then on the floor. The room was a 2 bed. There is only 1 luggage rack. (If there are no other furniture, 2 luggage rack with 2 bed would be nice!)
6) Bed very uncomfortable: The bed is obviously very old. When I sleep on it, I can feel that my body is sunk into the mattress. I have to try to sleep in the other side of the bed (which is still bed) that is slightly less used.
6) Pool side service/Tower stand close early: The tower stand closes at 5:30. This is Hawaii and people come and pay for spending time in the water here. It feels like that all the pool side service close relatively early (not even sun set yet).
7) Resort fees: I would like to see options of paying the resort fee only if you are using the amenities (e.g. you can choose to pay for individual amenities or to pay the resort fee as a "package"). It does not make sense for guest to pay for the additional resort fee when amenities are not used when I am already paying for an expensive hotel room .
8) No Bath Soap: I am very surprise that the hotel does not offer bath gel/soap in your room amenities. You have shampoo and conditioner with one bar of soap. Are we suppose to use the same soap to wash hand and to take shower? As a frequent traveller, I have seen hotel that charges less that a lest offer 2 soaps for the different use.
5 décembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by jimmy0118 Moldy smell in bathroom and shower drain was backed up in a $300 a night hotel
We stayed at this Sheraton for 3 nights while we were in Waikiki. The lobby and surrounding areas were very modern and gave a nice vibe of the hotel. But when we went to our room, it was a huge letdown. First of all, there was this moldy smell from the bathroom shower area. It's very distinctive and even my 4 year old boy told me it's smelly. Then the shower drain was totally backed up while we were showering. The carpet was unclean and the room just felt OLD. I guess we had too high an expectation after seeing the lobby area so we were very very very disappointed. I guess the hotel pool and kids area was more acceptable. Will not be staying at this hotel again if we do visit Oahu.
22 novembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by DissedSailor Hotel 101 Needed
The Marine Corps Ball was held at this hotel and I spent one night. After the Ball was over my electronic key didn't work in my room door. In full dress uniform, I went downstairs and stood in the short Preferred line to get the next available agent. When the agent found out I was not a Preferred Member, he directed me to the lengthy check in line. I was so stunned I was speechless.
The next morning, one of the cleaning crew knocked on my door early in the morning to ask if I was checking out that day. Again, stunned. Get your act together Sheraton.
6 novembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by MSJ1 The pool is the ONLY good thing
The rooms look sterile. You don't even have cabinets in the room. It looks so bare, it seems like it's missing furniture.
The furniture that is in the room are sub-par at best. The bed is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. My boyfriend couldn't sleep after the first 3 nights. We asked for a roll away bed and that was even worse.
Our night stand lamp wasn't working when we first got here. There were no robes in the room. We had to call for them.
To add insult to injury our room was NOT even cleaned today. Is this an SPG property? It seems like your service and attention to detail is lacking!
The great thing about the hotel is their pool! The pool is amazing!!! Great views and just completely relaxing. The staff poolside and at the bar were also awesome. Overall, great pool and staff experience, but not so good with the room.
4 novembre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jcrew Worst Starwood Hotel
This is undeniably the worst Sheraton we've ever stayed at. It did not meet our expectations. The service was poor, the staff was unfriendly and not accommodating in any way. We have been Starwood members for 9 years and the overall experience at this location does not meet the Starwood standard. There was construction on our floor at 1:00am and delivery trucks at 4:00am with very loud alarms. Our children (8 and 5) required to wear water wings on waterslide because they could not touch the bottom (4'10") even though they both swim competitively and they charged our room for the wings. Our elderly parents traveled with us and we requested a room close to elevators, luggage, and other things. When we asked for some assistance, we were told staff was too busy to help us. We spend a great of time traveling all around and are not difficult people to please, but the cost of the hotel does not match what you receive in terms of service! We will not return to this hotel.
15 octobre 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by daboys2007 Sheraton Waikiki - reputation is not worthy!
Stayed recently from 8/16-8/23/2012 and encountered numerous problems as follows:
1. Upon check-in, due to full occupancy did not receive the SPG room level upgrade.
2. Rooms were larger than a typical 2-bed room, but there were no drawers to place clothes. There were only shelves in the back of the closet.
3. Beds were only full-size, thus, very uncomfortable to have 4 people sleep in a 2-bed room with this limited size.
4. Cleaning service was not performed consistently. Times varied and on 1 day in the middle of the trip, the room was not even cleaned.
5. The policy for saving lawn chairs by the pool needs work. Many guests would simply place towels to hold beds in the early AM hours by the pool and then walk off to have breakfast, shop, etc. before coming back to expect their use of those beds hours later. Apparently, only until 10AM would sevice workers remove towels to clear for other guests to use. As you can imagine, this made it extremely difficul to have a chair to sit/lay on by the pool.
6. We traveled with another family and made specific requests in advance of our arrival to be near each other in order to coordinate activities and to provide coverage for each other's young kids. So, what does the front desk do upon arrival, place one family on the 15th floor and my family on the 29th floor. Guess there was no sense of calling months in advance to have notations placed on our reservation and we even asked for the reservations to be linked as well.
I would never waste my points on this facilty again and would caution anyone else to book this hotel based on reputation only. Do your research and do not think the negative reviews on expedia & trip advisor are without merit.
30 août 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dimitri7 Look before you leap!
Granted I was only booked for two nights but I was given a fifth floor room with no balcony and one small window that was permanently locked, and camouflaged by a wall of drapery. The window was roof level with either a parking garage or warehouse building. I felt like I was sleeping in a basement of a sleazy hotel! When I made inquiries at the desk, several of the Japanese clerks could not understand my English. I was told it was August and very busy. Needless to say, for the price of a little bit more I could have had a room at other near by hotels. If you’re going to book those particular rooms to guests, at least give your clientele an explanation with a noticeable discount! I won't bore you with the children running up and down the halls at all hours, with the hotel staff parking several carts outside my door having their loud and boisterous break, and the sounds of human copulation taking place in the next room!
23 août 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by qqq789 Worst Hotel Experience
This is the worst hotel stay I have ever had at a Starwood, or any property. First, if you arrive by airport shuttle, you are dropped off in a bus depot, which is a short block with stairs from the reception area. No assistance, no signs, just stairs & crowds. Next, I went to my no smoking room only to find the entire no smoking floor and room to reek of cigarette smoke. Finally, my next room, which was ocean view on a high floor, had ants crawling in the bathroom and nightstands. While all staff were extremely nice, I was not allowed to move again because I moved once before and the hotel was full. I am seriously considering closing my SPG account.
12 août 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 Suite not sweet at all.
Disappointed from the moment we entered the suite. For the price we expected the rooms to be a bit more up-dated and up-kept. Walls had different finishes of paint and there obivious scuff marks on them. Hide away bed did not sit flush on floor and bedding was dirty, like some one stepped on it with their shoes. Light bulb over dinning table was burnt out. Both balconies were dirty, I don't think they mop balconies at all. Big problem with me I got two babies. Telephone receiver still had make up and oil from previous guest on it. Carpet around ice box was wet, drinking glasses had water stains on it. We called front desk they had supervisor from housekeeping come up and check it out. She did apologize however, she never checked to see if issues we resolved. Ice box still leaked because door did not shut good. Had to put babies antibiotics on ice to keep cold. Glasses we never replaced, balconies were not left any better then they were before. If it wasn't for the pools the entire stay would have been a disaster. I do believe in the saying, "you get what you pay for", but this was a huge disapointment, To top it off, at check out we were not ever asked how was our stay. I think this hotel is into mass production, getting people in and out. No personalization at all. Awe! as say in Hawaii
31 juillet 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by jess16 not good
this hotel was beyond crowded. the rooms as seen online were not comparable to the room we had. our room was old and outdated. we had a kai suite with an adjoining room. the 2 rooms connected through the bedroom of the suite, how silly is that?!?
26 juillet 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Steve8857 My 2nd (and probaly last) stay
My first experience with this hotel occurred a couple of years ago. There were a number of disconcerting problems which I shrugged off as anomalies. I returned for a 2nd week-long stay last month. I was terribly disappointed. I had to wait in a very long check-in line only to find my room reservation was wrong. That took a full day to fix. I had to move into another room. After a day there, the A/C started leaking, soaking the carpet and leaving a moldy smell for the rest of my stay. I tried repeatedly to get this fixed and was ignored. Service was uneven. I felt treated as a low class citizen compared to the "SPG Elite" customers who frequently get to the front of the rest of us who had been waiting in long lines. To cap off the sub-par experience, at checkout I was surprised to be hit with WiFi fees that had been advertised as free. That took yet another call to management to fix. Given the price to stay there, I had expected a little better treatment. There is something terribly fragmented and uneven about the service here. Be wary. It's not as nice as it looks.
10 novembre 2011