Rated 5 out of 5 by TC3388 Frequent business traveler
This is a great hotel for a great price in the Galleria Area.
August 11, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by dlp243 CONVENIENCE
Very convenient location. Friendly service. Pleasant rooms.
August 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ribbonlady home away from home
we stay there because it is comfortable and in a great spot
April 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chuck GREAT Service from Staff!!!
Best all-around hotel experience by far! Staff was SUPER!!
April 2, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by CANUT8KIT Atlanta Quest
Excellent staff, too bad facilities are soo disapointing.
October 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by BlackRooster The hotel staff is fantastic
I have spent nearly 90 nights at the Sheraton in 2012
December 17, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by atltravel Great place
Enjoyed my stay, great place to stay in Northern ATL
February 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by allsouth Awesome staff.
Best thing about this stay was the manager on duty.
December 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Linda We enjoyed out stay
Room was smaller than anticipated, but adequate.
January 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by nt2013 Great Staff
They have a great staff at the property.
September 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wolfpacker Nice hotel
Nice hotel, good location, great breakfast.
September 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by tlicious2100 Features
Clean, comfortable, great service.
July 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by ravens this hotet has a fantastic breakfast
January 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by rubefio Traveler
Fabulous bed. Sofa not son much.
November 2, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lstay mrs
hotel nice - room not very clean
January 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jodie905 Liked the layout of the suites
very comfortable rooms and clean
October 29, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Yar2013 Sunday Afternoon Supervisor at Sheraton Suites Galleria - TERRIBLE SERVICE OVERALL
I am a loyal member at Starwood. I have never, ever had such disrespect and bad tone of voice when I booked a reservation this past weekend and was overcharged for what I had already prepaid. In trying to resolve the situation for my guests whom I booked the room for, the so called Afternoon Supervisor at the Sheraton Suites-Galleria gave my no concrete reasoning or explaination of why I "owed" more than what was quoted to me and what I had paid for. I was upset because no reason was given to me by thiis manager as to why I owed more. She called security and was forcefully kicking out my guests who came from Detroit over an error that someone at Sheraton reservation committed. This manager and the treatment of my guests was terrible, eembarrasing and not at all pleasing. Someone needs to get her fired. She's lucky I do not know her name otherwise she will be mentioned all over social media. I'm highly disappointed at the service my guests received and they still paid the extra $63 when there was no need for it. I expect a call back and payment returned to my guests including any extra fees they paid for. On top of that, additional charges where put on my guests invoice for internet they did not even use and received no reimbursement or mention of it. It's as if front desk's job is to just give clients room keys and not mention the polices or what's expected.
May 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by FrequentBizTraveler Very Disappointed
I was expecting much much more from a Starwood property. From the time I checked in, my room on the 17th floor was hot and never got cool. Maintenance came up twice and twice I was told it was because the room curtains had been left open during the day. I purposely put the go green sign on the door the next day so that housekeeping wouldn't open the curtains and it was still a scorching 78 degrees in my room. I was there five nights and it never got below 75 degrees in my room even though the thermostat was set to 60. The beds are just ok and the whole building is showing its age.
The work out facility looks good on the surface, but get on the elliptical machine and you'll think you’re going to hurt yourself. The equipment is very old and in need of replacement. Almost all of the free weights are rusted and dirty and the room itself is very dark even with the lights on and all the mirrors. I travel every week for work, so the fitness center is very important to me because I can’t get to my regular gym as often as I’d like. This one was a poor excuse for a fitness center.
The one bright spot was the front desk staff. After having to have my room card rekeyed approximately ten times, a very nice young woman at the front desk took the parking charges off of my bill. This was particularly nice, since not once, but four times I was unable to exit the garage with my room key.
September 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TutiFruti Great location, SPG benefits below expectations
This hotel was in a great location, close to Cumberland Mall with access to many restaurants. My teens loved it! The room was nice and spacious. I was very disappointed to find out that they did not have a club lounge when I arrived. I typically take advantage of this feature and look forward to it each time I travel. This was especially surprising since the welcome email I recieved days prior to my arrival mentioned club advantages. This is false advertising to me and I felt deceived. Also, when I checked in, no one asked to help with my bags nor did they even offer a luggage cart. I was traveling with 3 children, and it was quite a feat to accomplish getting to the room without help. I was also disgusted with the fact that I had to pay for internet. If I could have had club access, this would have not been the case. Parking was not free either, and there was no choice but to park in the garage, which was pretty scary, no security guard, and not well lit at night. This should be complimentary for preferred members. The staff was generally nice and accomodating in the end. After complaining, they provided me with complimentary breakfast in the restaurant for my family each morning of my stay. I would suggest this hotel to others because of the location. It was about 10 minutes from downtown ATL with convenient access to Coca cola factory, aquarium, and other popular attractions.
June 1, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by dmp014 Renovations are nice....until you're moved
I stayed at this property on March 11th while on a trip across the south interviewing at graduate schools. I was excited to stay at this property because of the closeness to shopping as well as the highway. Once I checked in I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was being put in one of the renovated rooms, which I though was due to my SPG status yet they never acknowledged it. Once arriving in my room I thought that I had landed in heaven and this was the best possible ending to my trip before having to go back home. However, within 15 minutes of being in my room I was called and asked if I would be willing to move rooms due to the ongoing construction that would be happening on that floor. I declined because I had already unpacked and was settled in nicely and I knew the noise wouldn't bother me. However, within 3-5 minutes I was called again and informed that I would be moved to another room due to safety inspections not having taken place yet. While I was reluctant and the offer to reimburse my points was nice, I moved rooms. What awaited me was a drab dreary room with furniture that matched nothing and surely had been there for longer than I had been alive. The bed was much less comfortable and the headboard was oddly placed where it was uncomfortable. I decided there was nothing I could do and continued on. However, as I was beginning to go to bed I was closing the doors separating the living and sleeping areas, one of them broke. As I would later find out, it was off of the tracks and would need to be repaired and (as you could guess) I would need to move rooms once again. Upon arriving at my third room around 10:30 P.M. I realized that it was a handicap accessible room. There was a purpose that I had not booked an accessible room as I do not like having the bars in the showers. This inconvenience was not even addressed to me by the management before moving me rooms. Overall this was a horrible experience and unless something were to attempt to change my mind I would never stay here nor recommend any of my family stay there while visiting me in graduate school. While the reimbursement was nice, I thought that there should have been something else considering I ended up moving rooms twice and to rooms that were desperately in need of work when compared to the original room I stayed in.
March 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Boo54 Embarrassing to say the least
I purchases tickets to attend a show at the cobb energy centre for my husbands birthday. Instead of driving back home after the show, we booked the cobb theater package room here. I asked for a room with a view and not a parking lot. I was told the view was of the cobb center. The view was of Costcos parking lot. The room was getting warmer, we closed the curtains and still warmer. Went down to the desk and they said the a/c had gone out but was working on it .. NO APOLOGY AT ALL ... we got ready for the concert in a warm room. went down for the shuttle at 7 ... told the desk we were there for the shuttle .. at 7 10 i go back inside. the clerk goes to some guy sitting at a desk and said i needed a shuttle. he had to print directions off. the shuttle was filthy. the concert ended at 10 15, called the hotel and was told the shuttle stopped at 10. WHAT? two things . how can you advertise the theater package and not include transportation to get you back to your room? and how can you leave your guest stranded? I would have done the right thing and found a way to pick up my guest. From a/c going out, to having to go back inside to get the shuttle, or we would have stood there, to leaving us stranded, then we have the final bill paid.. get home to an email with approx 25 dollars added to our card. I called and reached voice mail . This is a joke of a hotel. I can look past the musty smell, the old decor , the toilet filled up to the top and took forever to flush, the sink that filled up and took forever to drain ..but i can't be forgiving of poor customer service.
June 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by NoJacuzzi29 NOT WORTH THE PRICE! It was just okay. Do not pay for food with your credit card
When I booked a Starwood hotel, I expected Starwood caliber. That is not AT ALL what I got. When we checked in, the lady who helped us at the front desk was so professional and polite. She explained the amenities and had me excited about my stay! I asked about the jacuzzi, only to find out there wasn't one. She did tell me, however, that there was an indoor pool that could be heated to our liking. She checked us in rather quickly and without hassle. And on our way we went.
it was all downhill from there.
1. The carpet in the hallway looked worn around the edges.
2. The suite was very nice, but that's about it.
3. RINGS around the bathtub! EWWWW! And after they cleaned it, guess what?!?!? RINGS AROUND THE BATHTUB STILL!! I guess that's because the bathtub was old. Also, the shower curtain was dirty with other guests' filth around the bottom, and there was mold along the tile.
4. Price for room service was ASTRONOMICAL. Thankfully, I didn't use it, but that's because of the $2.50 delivery charge, tax and 22% service charge. Oh, and OUR PHONE DIDN'T WORK IN OUR ROOM, so I couldn't have called if I wanted to. I went ahead and took the elevator and got my food to go. The food was pretty good, though, and the portions were very ample.
5. $4 for a bottled water. Really? And it wasn't even a special brand. We could have easily drank the water and replace it.
6. Hot water in the faucet in the kitchen sink didn't even turn on. Again, really?
7. Parking was included, so that was good. However, it smelled like someone had urinated in the parking deck.
8. Random "thugs" walking through the parking lot with no shirts on - AT THE SHERATON!
9. Easy to miss when you get off the interstate, and you have to jump through hoops to get back to the hotel!
10. Conveniently located.
11. VERY comfy bed! LOVED it!
12. Living room furniture looked a little dated.
13. You could hear doors slam from your room, and we heard some banging noise against our wall the first night. What on earth?
14. Construction was going on, but they did leave us a note about it and it was not a disturbance at all (we slept in many days).
15. Coffee maker didn't have all the parts.
16. Pool was FILTHY, and there was some kind of dead bug walking in the shower! Then the pool was too cold to swim in, the AC was blasting in the indoor pool and they never came to heat it.
17. Breakfast buffet was good! GREAT selection! However, DO NOT pay for food with your credit card. They brought my bill, which already had been charged to my card. I filled in a tip but noticed there was already an auto-gratuity, so I scratched the tip out. They brought back a whole new bill for $5 more - and when I caught it, they said they refunded it. 3 days later, no sign of my refund. I had to call the bank myself to get my refund. As far as I'm concerned, they never did it.
18. Down button on the elevator didn't work or light up for the first few days, but that got fixed.
19. One night we came home and I went to the room ahead of my husband while he parked the car. I had time to change clothes, take a shower (I do not take short showers, mind you), lotion up and put on PJs before he made it upstairs. When I asked what took him to long, he replied that he'd spent the last 15 minutes waiting for an available elevator. That's ridiculous.
20. Called about some paperwork I needed and was promised a call back in a few minutes. We checked out 2 days later. No returned call. And no one had any idea what I was talking about when I asked about it.
Overall, it's a nice hotel. The room was very spacious and nice. The food was very good, and the location was great. However, it seems to not be maintained well by the staff. Some of it is not their fault, but a lot of it just seems like they don't care. Half of them had on tags saying they were in-training, which screams to me "High turnover." I wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather get the luxury I paid for. NOT Starwood caliber, and NOT worth the price!
May 29, 2012