Rated 3 out of 5 Comfrotable for a weekend but with a few issues.
The hotel was comfortable and provided for my basic needs over my 3 day stay. The staff was friendly and the food at the restaurant was good.
However, I had a few issues:
1. It was difficult getting from the car park to the hotel lobby in the pouring rain.
2. The room service was inconsistent
3. There was only 1 complimentary bottle of water in the room that was booked for 2 people.
4. There was no-one waiting at the curbside to help with bags upon arrival.
July 7, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SRWCV Stay over
Great job in meeting our needs
July 6, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by slywala Rooms are not clean
I checked in. My first room smelled like wet dog and vomit. I went downstairs and was given another room. This room had an unmade bed and a dirty towel. I went back downstairs again and was given a third room. This room's lights weren't working. An electrician came to fix it. That night, I took my makeup off and wiped my face with a towel. The towel became dirty so I threw it on the floor. Next day, that same towel was hung up rather than replaced. So gross. The only good thing about this hotel was that its staff was helpful.
July 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Flychick The rooms are getting old and run down
The hotel has a good location, airport shuttle and pool area are great.
The rooms (or at least the one we had) was in need of a face lift. It was run down. The only thing that was Sheraton standard was the great bed and the shampoo! Other than that the room was more of a 2* look and feel. The bathroom door on both sides was marked up, cracked shower tile, grout cracked, silicon sealing around vanity was a different color etc......it just wasn't Sheraton standard, or even close to a 4* rating!
The staff from check in to check out were miserable. No one seemed to enjoy being there or helping their guests! I asked about food options or transportation to nearby malls, they pretty much said there was nothing around there, and shuttle to mall after 5pm. But when I looked on google maps I found lots of other options within walking distance etc. Staff seemed to be very disconnected and un-Sheraton like!
May 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Twinn2013 Super slow internet connection, poor SPG recognition!
1. Booked 2 rooms and stayed for 3 nights each room recently. This Sheraton was far from SPG standard. Poor SPG recognition when I was checked in. Good luck to receive an upgrade for standard suite in this property for Platinum member. I was argue with the one of the front desk staff to received an upgrade for their suite the next day. Front Desk staffs careless about your SPG level status, they do NOT care if you are Gold or Platinum member because their hotel most of the time fully booked from people that need go for the Cruise or Airlines personnel such as Pilot and Flight Attendants. Most of them only stay in room for couple hours and check in and out for 1 day only, Therefor, the staffs get use to it with that environment and careless about their loyal SPG Elite members staying with them.
2. The hotel management need to Improve the internet connection in this property. The internet connection inside the room was super SLOW. Please also check review from other reviewers. He/she stated the same thing about internet connection was super slow. As a business man, internet connection is crucial thing for me every time I stayed in the hotels. Please be aware.
3. Stayed in the Club floor, 11th floor. This club floor need update ASAP. Carpet so dirty and cheap lighting in the hallway, seem that I walked into Motel 6 or Quality inn's hallway but paying for Sheraton's rates. The blind next to the elevator on the 11 floor was so dirty, seem like not changed for 2 years and broken.
January 22, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by CrackerLV Can't pick us up
We landed in Fort Lauderdale the night prior to leaving on a cruise. Chose to stay at this hotel because it was close to the airport and the cruise terminal. When our plane landed, we called the hotel for a pick up. The man who answered told us to call back when we had our luggage. Confusing, but he said it was how they did it. Five minutes later, with luggage in hand we called back. At that point he told us that the shuttle would take about 20 minutes to arrive. So, we stood at the appointed place and waited.....and waited.....and waited. After 30 minutes at the shuttle stop we called the hotel again. The person who answered seemed to be confused and he tried to call the shuttle operator, then he tried to connect us with the shuttle operator. None of this was working and time is passing by. Finally, after about 45 minutes, someone is able to tell me that the shuttle is coming and it will be another 10-15 minutes. We gave up waiting since it was going to be an hour of waiting time for a five minute trip to the hotel. We called a cab and upon our arrival the shuttle was sitting in the portico of the hotel. After travelling all day and cross country, it would have been nice if they could have picked us up in a timely manner. Or, if they couldn't do it, they could have at least told us and we would have made other arrangements immediately rather than wait for almost an hour. Needless to say this wasn't a good start for our vacation. While we were standing at the shuttle stop the shuttles of every other hotel in the area passed us by 2-3 times. But not once did the Sheraton shuttle come by.
May 11, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by karjoe1 Not what I expected:(
Not a good first impression. My check in was at 5pm instead of 3pm. The front desk clerk was sarcastic and I had to wait 30 minutes for 2 coffees....not what I expected at all!!
April 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by RayRay0830 work out center
There was no cable signal on the 2 treadmills and the touchscreen were not working properly. You had to push the number or item percisely to get what you wanted. It just needs to be serviced.
June 28, 2014