Rated 4 out of 5 by NoSoccerMom Best part is location next to Event Center
We had a volleyball tournament at the Sacramento Convention Center and the Sheraton is located right across the street from it. Really, only about 40 feet from the Sheraton! So convenient! We had a room on the 22nd floor and were pleased with this hotel overall. Clean, nice hotel, open restaurant/bar area next to lobby. Parking is $18 at the garage across the street, or on Sundays, street parking is free. They let you park in front temporarily to check-in/load. The max late check-out time was 1:30. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. 4 elevators so didn't wait long. Employees were friendly. Hotel card keys worked well. Only one roll of TP, however.
May 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by CalmSky CAMFT conf stay
All was well - except the parking garage for this hotel. The slip that the hotel provided, noting the $10/day conf parking rate, was not acknowledged by the garage. The attendant seemed to hold the car hostage telling me that it would cost its normal rates to get out after a three day/night stay. The hotel promo listed $10/night, and the hotel had provided me a slip to that effect. I had to back up; re-park, to go back to hotel for remediation. Quite a sad final face for such an excellent hotel facility.
May 20, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by McDoblack SPG has a lot of work to do in order to keep my business.
The overall experience failed to meet expectations in multiple respects. Check in was difficult, far more so than necessary. There was hardly a recognition of my status. At other Sheraton locations, free hot breakfast is a standard Platinum benefit, this is not the case in Sacramento. The room was not cleaned well on multiple occasions. The price for this property is high, and in many respects that is OK, but in terms of value it was less than poor. I don't recommend this property.
May 20, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ray1 Management needs improvement
Our room was not cleaned until late in the afternoon, and only after my wife complained to the desk. All but one of the computers failed to work when I tried to print out my boarding pass. There was only a single person for check-in and check-out that resulted in long delays. All in all, it was a frustrating experience.
May 21, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by logos Not your mother's Sheraton
I was looking forward to staying at this Sheraton, remembering my nice experiences years ago, and I figured since my organization chose it for our conference, it must be still a good place. What I discovered all to quickly was
1. NO microwaves ANYWHERE in the hotel. I asked the front desk and was literally told I could take my food to the corner deli down the street and use their's....REALLY??????
2. Asked for fridge in room, got one delivered, it SMELLED like rotting something or other.
3. No WiFi in my room unless I paid for it (one would think that as a SPG member, that would be a nice perk).
4. Absolutely NO WIFI anywhere else in the building, especially in the meeting rooms where I needed to have it available, unless I was willing to pay almost $400 to have it for one day.
5. No vending machines available if I needed something like a snack or soda. I was told to walk 2 blocks to the 7-11 to get what I wanted.
6. $28 for valet per day????? ARe you parking my car in Fort Knox?
Fortunately, there were actually a few bright spots to my stay...
1. NIck the bell hop was AWESOME, and went above and beyond the call of duty to help me.
2. The room was comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower.
3. The housekeeping staff were helpful and nice.
4. The wait-staff in the restaurant were attentive and helpful, making sure to anticipate my every need.
5. The food in the restaurant was very good.
May 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by sp4mendy Nice facilities and location + great staff
I stayed at the hotel in conjunction with the UC Regents meeting at the Convention Center. The location was excellent, the room was comfortable, and the staff was very responsive.
May 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Service was excellent!
The employees at the front desk, room service, valet and special requests (shoe shine) were extremely friendly and provided outstanding service. No matter what I needed, the staff made it happen for example:
Shoes shined at 8:00 pm (whew!)
No problem when I requested an earlier breakfast (room service)
Room service was timely, delivered by friendly, courteous staff
Efficient front desk, informed me I had two SPG memberships and arranged for the shine service
Service was 5 star!
May 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Furg Knowing about events
When I booked the room I should have been informed about the prom night event taking place on evening we stayed at the hotel. My wife and I didn’t get much sleep due to the kids running around laughing and screaming. We didn’t call security or the front desk because we thought it would die down eventually; they kept it up until past four in the morning. We did say something to a man at the front desk while checking out about our sleepless evening. As of this morning my wife thinks our credit card charge reflects a discount for our night’s stay; and for that, we thank you. Other than that I would stay there again; but only after checking with special events.
May 6, 2013