Rated 3 out of 5 by DrPR Good location, average service
* Very close to 2 light rail train stations (short walk)
* Only a 20-minute walk to the Petronas Twin Towers
* Excellent buffet breakfast at Essence Restaurant
* Two excellent staff: Doris at the Club Lounge and Faisal at Concierge Desk. Both provided excellent services far above other staff members at this hotel.
* Female reception staff was not friendly and not very helpful with Platinum upgrade at check-in. A few hours prior to checking-in, I already saw on the SPG App on my iPhone that I have been upgraded to non-smoking Deluxe Suite. But at the check-in counter, she said that there is no suite available and that she can only give me a regular room. After showing her my iPhone screen, she said she has to go and talk to someone in the back. After her 3 visits to the back office, she finally came and said that there is one suite available, but it is on the smoking floor. I took the suite on the smoking floor since the room did not have any smoke smell. After settling into the suite, I checked the Sheraton KL reservation website and noticed that there are several suites available (both on smoking and non-smoking floor). It is unfortunate that the Front Desk personnel had to lie to not give Platinum members the upgrade. Very unprofessional. I did not want this check-in experience to ruin my vacation, so I did not bother to go down to request room change to non-smoking floor.
* Even though we were on the 36th floor, we could still hear loud night club noise between 11PM to 4AM -- not helpful for light sleepers.
May 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Honeymooners13 Great hotel!
Hotel was amazing, the food superb and well priced, drinks at the bar are very expensive though sadly enough. Overall though it was a divine experience and close to everything you could want in KL.
May 14, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Trumble Hotel furnishings are dated
The furnishings are dated, the cloth covered chairs are stained.
My experience getting a cab on checkout on 28/042013 was disappointing as I felt I was being hustled to take the more expensive option of a hire car rather than a taxi. I was made to wait for over 20 minutes even though taxis were available. I went to reception to ask to speak to the duty manager and the male clerk started to go and get the person. A second female clerk subsequently advised that the duty manager was not available. This female clerk's demeanor and attitude was twice proved below acceptable standards during my stay and will ensure I never stay in this property in the future.
April 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by SATO This hotel has great features
Good customer service, pool and spa.
May 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by RiceBear0527 Excellent Exotic Lobby Design
My second time with the hotel. Staffs are friendly. The luxuries lobby design with Asian palace touch is once again touch my heart.
May 2, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Crown16 クラブルーム
May 1, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Giovanni Awful room
I'm very disappointed with the cleanliness and general condition of the room. I think it is way below standard and needs a lot of improvement. Mould on the ceiling before the air conditioner, rusty fire sprinklers on the ceiling,dusty surfaces, chair is covered with stains, many torn pages in the in-room dining menu... Simply bad.
April 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pancho Fantastic Staff
it's wonderful how your staff are really helpful- Nixon being one of them
March 18, 2013