Rated 5 out of 5 by Robert2013 テーブルについて
November 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by martinspg Just a few notes about a great hotel
Almost everything is excellent at this hotel but i found a couple of things that could be improved. Everything else was really great and recommendable.
- The water of the swiming pools was too hot, seriously, forget about giving a break to the sun, you can't get a 'refresh' at the pool.
- This one is pretty important to me, i know most hotels do it this way, but i just can't undertand that the Internet access is not free, and not cheap BTW, why is not given as just another service at one of the best Hotels you can go? I mean, are you trying to make your guests stays more comfortable, or are you looking at the Internet Service Provider business? I think this issue will be seen as a shame in the future, something like if the swiming pool stay was charged in the past or the TV, we would be laughing about it now. Charge me more for the room, but give me free Internet, filter the multimedia streaming if neeeded, but give unlimited access for low bandwidth use, which is what usully need people that needs or wants to be 24hs connected.
November 26, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by andy74 A great stay ... and the hotel met my expectations
Getting a value for money hotel is even harder in Rio now than ever.
While the Sheraton Barra is not cheap by any standards (unless you get a good SPG promo), I still put this one high on the value for money scale in Rio.
I know this hotel from when it was built, and I can safely say that it remains contemporary and it is well maintained.
All rooms have a sea view (albeit angled from the side). Staff are helpful and obliging.
While the Sheraton Barra is not in the center of Rio, it has similar access times to/from the international airport as the Copacabana/Ipanema areas by car or taxi, and it is on a very nice stretch of beach called Barra de Tijuca that is worth exploring further South, if you can. Use of a rental car or taxi is highly recommended.
December 2, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by RomanCardenas Room not ready
I arrived very tired on Wednesday only to find a room that was not ready to receive a guest.
1) The desk had no chair
2) The sink was dripping, very annoying sound.
3) No coffee maker on the room, but there was coffee.
4) During the night there was a recurrent loud sound in the hall way. Most likely the ice maker machine.I was in Room 923.
The first 3 points were solved very diligently the last one not.
The next day I arrived at 5pm to the hotel only to find my room was not ready. Housekeeping didn't pass through my room, bed and bath were as I left them in the morning.
After all this, I expected the hotel to apologize and either not charge for the night or give me SPG points to compensate for the tough times. When I checked out I payed in full so most likely I will not return to this hotel on my next trip.
August 13, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dannynha Exepcional
Bom dia, Srs. É com extrema satisfação que faço essa avaliação. Estive hospedada no hotel Sheraton da Barra da Tijuca, no Rio de Janeiro, no último dia 08 de outubro e não poderia ter escolhido melhor. O hotel tem uma estrutura impressionante, meu quarto era confortabilíssimo, além de extremamente limpo, o que costuma ser uma raridade em hotéis de praia. O serviço de quarto e café da manhã também foram uma grata surpresa. Rápidos e com uma grande qualidade. Mas, o que mais me chamou a atenção foi a educação e prestatividade dos funcionários. Me senti realmente bem-vinda no hotel, todos foram sempre muito polidos e simpáticos e em nome da recepcionista Priscila (que fez meu check-in e check-out) parabenizo a todos os funcionários do hotel. Não hesitaria em nenhum momento em voltar a me hospedar lá e não vejo a hora de fazê-lo. Att, Danielle
October 10, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lousycsexp This hotel needs to be exterminated and updated
Upon walking into the room a moldy stench was overwhelming. Then, within 30 seconds, we saw a cockroach on the desk. We returned to the front desk immediately with bags in tow. After being told that they were at 100% capacity and waiting for 2 hours, we were put into another room because "it would take more time to clean the room that we had". I don't do bugs. The "new" room had the same moldy smell, mildew spots on the curtains and the ceiling, a shower head that sprayed everywhere and stained sheets. But it didn't have bugs. I know because I stayed awake with lights and TV on looking for them the 2 nights that we stayed there. Also, the club lounge, where they have a food buffet, had no soap in the bathroom. We brought hand sanitizer and left one in the bathroom. The positives, the hotel was in a safe part of the city but it certainly does not deserve a 5 rating and the concierge was very pleasant and helpful.
January 17, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by alolio to be avoided absolutely
Far fm downtown (an hour, 50 $ cab ride). Took half an hour to get a moldy, smelly rooms, 1st floor, no view, took an hour to get it changed for a 5th floor still smelly room. Ruined a b'day, Christmas family vacation. Had sent two messages to manager before arrival, no answer.
January 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Flyer Outstanding
What truly made my stay enjoyable was Marco from the reception! Could have not imagined such a welcome and pleasant talk. And the housekeeper who works on the 11th floor could have not done better to keep me welcome when I come back to my room! Thank you so much!
June 17, 2012