Rated 5 out of 5 by Joet137 Great stay
Very friendly and helpful staff
July 25, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Joet137 Accommodating staff
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I've stayed here on two separate occasions and I will return. Thanks for a great experience
July 25, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by ab4250 great location, facilities need improvement
disruption in the hotel due to work being done. Lack of water is troubling.
Hallways are smelly, rooms have aged furniture and carpets
May 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by miri18 the hotel is getting back to 5 *
the hotel has all the features to be a 5*--great staff,good food,excellent location,nice pool--garden--jacuzzis,good spa
April 27, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Singhfamily Disappointing for a Sheraton!
As a Lifetime SPG platinum member I have seen a lot of hotels. This one was disappointing from the start. I wish I had read the reviews in advance. Despite requiring for my 2 rooms a full non refundable payment months in advance when I arrived the management thought they were doing me a favor when i requested that my children be at least on the same floor as me! When I tried to get change to be able to tip the bell staff the lady at the exchange desk refused saying they only do currency conversion. when I booked an excursion and dinner through the concierge he forgot to make the calls and we had to find a place on our own. that was all before coming to the rooms. as described by others the carpets are dirty, the rooms are damp, there is mold in the showers, the water comes out yellow from the faucet and mutiple equipment did not work. The internet was weak and intermittent causing me to lose work in progress. Twice i returned wine because it had a fly in it and once food because of ants. The staff was apologetic and tried their best. I could go on about many other issues but really as a traveller I would avoid this place and to the owners I would ask that they make the badly needed investments to be worthy of a Sheraton in a world class city! Also as SPG platinum dont expect any welcome letter or the usual recognition you see at other SPG properties.
January 2, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Car30 Worst SPG Ever
Rooms are old, specially bathrooms, there are stains everywhere not to mention the insufferable smell of the carpet. On top of all, I still don't have my "make a green choice" points. I paid more than 200USD/night for the worst SPG hotel I've ever stayed in, totally not worthy.
December 15, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Vlad222222 Can't change sheets
I checked in late on a Friday night and as I was going to bed I realized there was a large body stain in the middle of my bed. As I was tired of traveling, I put a towel over it and slept on the side of the bed. Next morning I called room service and asked them to change the sheets when they cleaned the room. I went out for the day, got back around 4 and saw that my bed was made but the sheets still had the stain. Called room service again and they said they would fix. I go out for the day, come back to my room at 11pm to go to sleep and what do I see... The bed was made again but THE STAIN WAS STILL THERE. I called the front desk to complain and they told me to come down to the lobby. The manager apologized to me and told me it would take about 20 minutes to change my sheets (I offered to do it quicker). After a sleep on the lobby couch I finally couldn't wait any longer and headed up to the room to find out the sheets were finally changed. Next day checking out there was no mention of the incident nor any attempt to compensate for it. The most basic function of a hotel is a clean place to sleep and this Sheraton FAILED 3 TIMES. Also, the key cards didn't work very often and the room was extremely musty. I would not stay here again and seriously question Sheraton's standards.
October 28, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by RioFun Items for the Hotel to Improve Upon and Good Things to Keep Doing
1. There is an intense musty smell once the elevator doors open onto the room floors - needs to be eliminated. Maybe tile instead of carpeting?
2. Wooden doors in room attract bugs, which were not cleaned out. Change doors.
3. Bathroom needs a fan to move the moist air around.
4. Electric light switches are confusing. In our room, Switch #1 turned on two lights, but only turned off one light. Switch #2 did nothing (we observed).
5. Clean out sofabed/couches more often.
6. Provide information on nearest small grocery. We had a small kitchenette and would have liked to use it more.
7. Carpet in room smelled musty. While this is expected being so close to the ocean, it would seem that the hotel room would then be all tile to avoid any smells and germs accumulating.
8. The second TV had no sound.
9. Corners and upper portions of walls need to be dusted. Cobwebs and some bug leftovers were visible.
10. Clearer directions for getting taxis out in front of hotel would be helpful.
1. AMAZING food and service at the pool area!
2. WONDERFUL Pool area!
3. Main lobby is tremendous! Spacious, clean and with lots of areas to have quiet conversations. Great design!
4. Quick check-in!
5. Easy parking!
October 26, 2015