Rated 5 out of 5 by Dane13 Nice holidays
We enjoy our holidays in this hotel. All is very clean, service is OK, people are nice.
October 12, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by BM101 Very Comfortable
Family (2 parents and a 6 year old daughter). 5* hotel so our expectations were high. In general, our expectations were met and even sometimes exceeded. Bullet points below:
- Disabled access very good. Pool steps and slopes great for people with disabilities
- Pool was very nice, and well maintained.
- Efficient service by all staff, mostly friendly (sometimes got the impression though that this was no more than a job by them though)
- Rooms excellent, spacious and very nice bathrooms. An issue (door wouldn't open) dealt with quickly
- Food was ok, desserts very nice
- Spa people friendly and very nice. Treatments were very good.
- Clean hotel (if a little tired looking in places), pool was cleaned daily and no wasps or animal infestations
- No mosquitos
- Accessibility to beach was good, clean and protected beach area
Few negatives we found (being quite picky)
- Twice room was not cleaned (asked once for it to be done and it was not).
- Tired looking carpets (for a five star hotel)
- Near the airport, under the flightpath of incoming flights. Didn't bother us, but it could do if someone is looking for absolute peace.
- Hotel allowed luggage to be taken into wrong bus (despite specific instructions, as we were at breakfast). Found the luggage dumped outside airport (for the right owners, thieves or bomb disposal to take care of) luckily we got there first.
- Animation and entertainment staff mix of competencies (one male activity staff member very incompetent, unable to play the sports he was in charge of, dreadful in providing aquagym as he was moving so fast that no human could possibly follow on land let alone in water, and seemed to lack understanding that he was there to entertain the public and not the other way around). The best and most friendly and customer oriented entertainment, kids and animation staff were certainly the female staff.
- Bar drinks/ice creams not easy to order. Sometimes was told to wait for the waiters to come around, which was not even possible at the pool one day, as there as no waiter. Was informed eventually that this was the hotel's issue and as a favour, the bar attendant would get me what I wanted.
Apart from the luggage incident, these are relatively small points, and overall, we loved the hotel.
August 15, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Fuertaventura1 Repeat customer, good but some flaws
Only major problem is people coming in using the baby pool when they are not residents of the hotel. This is fine once or twice but when it's busy, paying guests can't sit round the pool with their children. Also a couple were letting 'friends' in sometime 10 people and getting towels for them and there is just not enough room! It needs regulating as the staff don't care and just give towels out without checking rooms. Its not fair for paying guests and has definitely put me off, we are not returning for the fifth time as this time is was worse than ever. Everything else with staff and hotel is great some but some sort of checks need to be done as S will loose customers.
May 15, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kerrygold Excellent food
Excellent food but missed the Kerry Gold butter that was there last year.
April 29, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by JMR88 Great Hotel
We had a fabulous time at this hotel. The room and facilities are excellent and very clean. All staff friendly and helpful. The food is gorgeous, great omlettes for breakfast! The lobby/piano bar has a lovely atmosphere in the evening with a variety of live music however it does get busy and seating not always available unless you are there early.
April 21, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Havster Excellent Family Hotel
We have been regular guests at this hotel over a number of years.
We have once again had a relaxing, enjoyable stay. Quite a number of staff seem to have changed during the past 12 months and the hotel has a largely new team, led by Alvaro Medina.
Breakfast is excellent and caters for all age groups.
This is a well-managed, lovely family oriented hotel, with a relaxed ambience. It is always spotlessly clean and whilst our children have now grown into teenagers, I am sure we will return again.
April 16, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hayley444 Great child friendly hotel
We have returned several times as it suits our and our young children's needs. The main points are ease of transfer, good children's pool, friendly staff, good restaurant, rooms are of adequate size and clean and there is a relaxed atmosphere. If at all possible avoid peak school holiday times for a more peaceful holiday.
April 5, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by GW2012 Mixed feeling, cannot quite recommend it
What we liked: large facility, large airy guestroom with sea view, beautiful gardens, welcoming staff (esp. servers at lunch, pool, housekeeping, front desk), fast internet, relaxing lunch vibe overlooking the pool, excellent value was available for our stay with using SPG rewards.
What we disliked: frequent airplane noise (directly under the flight path), loud kids running around pool area, kids allowed in Spa 930 - 1430 hours (great for families, a challenge for peace & quiet), too few spaces for dinner at the non buffet more premium restaurants (must reserve 1-2 days in advance); if you use Fitness and want access to Sauna you must pay for access to the Spa; old and dark hallways to guestrooms.
Most surprising: hotel could not resolve or explain the lack of hot water around peak times. Really spoiled a good stay, not only the issue but also management's poor response and attempt to challenge rather than correct the problem. Service level for a challenging situation was unprofessional and not fitting to the SPG brand. Apart from this, we appreciated the welcoming staff and immaculate grounds. Enjoying sunrise from our large seaside patio was priceless. But there are many wonderful SPG properties elsewhere in Europe and other areas of Fuerteventura island we will consider before returning here.
March 19, 2016