Rated 5 out of 5 by djthemc Amazing view of the river
I received a great room on the 6th floor that felt so close to the boats on the river. Such a great view. Received an upgrade to a room with a separate living room and bedroom. Definitely would love to stay in this room again.
While other people would rather have a SPG plat free breakfast in the restaurant, I actually prefer the lounge access. I feel like they're giving almost 3 meals for free rather than 1 breakfast. I often miss breakfast so it fits my schedule better when I am at the hotel in the afternoon or evening.
May 18, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ElhamR A great place to stay
Very helpful and friendly staff. We arrived 3 hours earlier than checking time and I wasn't feeling well at all they offered us a room right away.
Room had a beautiful large window overlooking the river.
I loved the Breakfast buffet but my husband thought they could offer more.
May 10, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Monsucher Extraordinary SPG-Platinum recognition
We stayed in the hotel for two nights. Our Platinum-status was immediately recognized and we got a room upgrade from a standard to an executive club room. It had the best view I ever had in an hotel and at Bangkok in particular. Mentionable is also the very well equipped club lounge. Also one of the best club lounges I have ever seen in a Sheraton. To keep it short: The facility as well as the very responsive staff are a hit!
May 7, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Madmolly Excellent
The hotel was excellent,everything about it,the staff couldn't do enough for you the view from the bedroom was on real and the food excellent.one off the best hotels I've stayed in!!
April 28, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by MichSonCA Impeccable Service
My wife and I stayed one night at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers and wished we could have stayed longer. We were treated very well and the accommodations were very comfortable and welcoming. The restaurants were superb. The boat shuttle was great. The view of the river from our room was phenomenal. All the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The Club Lounge had food, drinks, and service far beyond what we have had in many other lounges. We were very impressed. We would definitely stay here again, and for more than one night.
March 19, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rledoux Great hotel for a relaxing stay
We had a great time relaxing during out stay here. This is a great location and the staff is very attentive. The food was excellent as well up in the Platinum lounge. I look forward to staying here on my next stay in Bangkok!
March 18, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by NN88 Great Service but inconvenient location
Great Service but inconvenient location.
March 13, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by FellowHuman Stellar service, with a few areas that could be improved
Overall, the facilities and service were excellent, though there were a few disappointments for us that made our stay less enjoyable.
First, the positive:
(1) The standard of service is very high. We were quite impressed with most of the hotel employees with whom we interacted — especially in the Sheraton Club Lounge.
(2) The location near the river affords nice views from the higher floors (though somewhat marred by the huge construction projects across the river), and it's reasonably convenient to the Royal Palace and surrounding temples.
(3) The Executive Suite is spacious, comfortable, and well designed.
(4) We appreciated the live traditional music in the lobby.
Now, the areas that could be improved:
(1) There was almost nothing that we could eat in the restaurants. We follow a healthy diet (emphasizing fresh green foods, with no animal products), but we found all the hotel restaurants (and the Club Lounge) to be highly focused on meat and dairy products. There was almost nothing we could eat, and nothing that was appealing enough for us to want to dine in the restaurants, so we wound up needing to go out for all of our meals. We request that your chefs take into consideration the growing trend of health-conscious eating by offering a greater variety of vegetarian and vegan items (e.g. not just plan stir-fried morning glory, but creative and flavorful vegan dishes). Likewise, the Club Lounge should offer a salad bar (as most other Sheraton Clubs around the world do), and fresh juices would be appreciated, too (as one finds at many other Starwood properties in Thailand and elsewhere).
(2) Despite being an SPG Platinum member (and despite the fact that I had requested a high-floor room), I was not given a room on an SPG floor. Instead, I was given a room on the 16th floor, which required us to keep changing elevators every time we came and went from the Club Lounge, which was a nuisance that could've been avoided by giving us a room on the 17th floor or higher.
(3) The hotel’s ferry service to and from Saphan Taksin was sometimes unreliable. A few times it was 5 or 6 minutes late, which is not too bad, but once we rushed to get to Saphan Taksin by 2:09, in order to catch the 2:10 ferry, only to find that the ferry had already left a few minutes early (around 2:07), requiring us to wait another 35 minutes for the ferry. (And, while we were waiting, the ferries of several competing hotels came and went 3 or 4 times each.)
(4) On two occasions, the housekeeping staff threw away items that were not garbage. One was a a flower arrangement we had put on the table, and another was a pastry we had planned to eat later (apparently they assumed it was rubbish because it was in a small paper bag on the shelf).
(5) The internet was unusually slow (webpages taking a long time to load, etc.).
Other than those issues, the service was excellent and our stay was quite pleasant, and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for guests keen to stay right on the river — with one caveat about limited options for healthy eating in the Club Lounge and the hotel restaurants.
March 3, 2016