Rated 5 out of 5 by KimAN17 Relaxing
My stay was great overall. My initial room was not to my liking, and Erika (at the front desk) was able to address my needs promptly! This made the remaining days very relaxing.
April 23, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlicesDad Nice hotel, centrally located
This hotel is right downtown in Philly, close to the center of business activities. It probably would be a good location for sightseeing as well. The hotel is clean and comfortable, and I appreciated that self-parking in their underground garage was an option. The common areas were in great shape, and the room was clean - although the carpets and the bathroom fixtures are showing a bit of wear. All in all, this was a good stay for a reasonable price. I'd stay here again.
April 5, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Very disappointing stay
I like the hotel because it is close to my office and when I stay in the city this has always been my hotel of choice. However, my stay on March 15-16 was not restful. I was awakened at 2:00 a.m. by loud banging and when I finally fell asleep at 6 a.m., I was awakened again. Also, there was no phone service in the hotel. I usually look forward to staying in the city as I commute to work from Union, NJ every day. This night's stay was not comfortable and pretty much defeated the purpose of staying in the city.
March 17, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by FrustratedMember Make-a-green-choice bonus rarely work as expected
I request make-a-green-choice for all my stays. However, the bonus rarely show up as expected. I tried to request it when I check in and I hang the tag at the door every night to get the cards and submit the cards when I check out. Nothing seems to work.I have to call to get it if I caught it. I checked my credit for my stay past week and sure enough the make-a-green-choice bonus points are missing again! Very annoying.
March 14, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by pandabear14 Convenient but always something a little off
I am a consultant and travel every week for months when on a project. I stay here because it's convenient, but would not choose this hotel for vacation.
- staff are nice, the bar staff comes off a little aloof.
- I love the basket of apples at the front desk, flavoured water and hot apple cider in the winter.
- the beds are comfortable.
- the gym has everything you might need.
- the bar has reasonably priced beers
- the atrium is quite lovely.
- very convenient location to restaurants, night life, transportation.
Not so good
- the hotel is old and it is evident everywhere. At the same time, management does not have an attention to detail. The blue carpet on the lower floors frequently has stuff on it, dust, white fluff from renovations, etc. and there is no reason why it's not vacuumed more thoroughly. Almost every stay, something irks me. (someone had not finished vacuuming the remnants of a heater cleaning and had not taken the vacuum away, the night tables have dust on them, so obviously have not been cleaned in a while, my hair dryer broke, there wasn't enough hot water one morning)
- every so often, there is a slight whiff of manure in the hallways on the 6th and 8th floors, and I haven't the faintest idea where it could possibly be coming from.
- the food is at best mediocre. The only reason to eat here would be for convenience as there are many excellent restaurants within a 15 minute walk of the hotel.
- for all the talk about making a green choice, the staff seem to ignore it. And there are paper, plastic cups in every single room. Glasses would be much more environmentally friendly and would make the whole experience a little classier.
Renovations are expensive, but management could do a lot. In the end, the hotel management does not pay enough attention to detail, is not exacting enough of its employees. Even dependable corporate guests can only take so much. I will be moving on after this project, as I don't want to complain about something after stay.
February 29, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by jlontos3 Exactly what I needed
This Sheraton was exactly what I needed for my stay in Philly. This was a last minute trip since since I was attending a funeral that was planned very quickly. The staff was helpful and I found my stay to be comfortable, easy and not a big production. This hotel is conveniently located near a lot of different places in downtown Philly, too.
February 29, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by MichaelZR Service & Quality Very Poor
I had really high expectations for my stay at this Sheraton but I must say I was disappointed. This was the worst experience I've at at a SPG hotel.
The room keys didn't work. I had to go down to the front desk multiple times from the 24th floor (Oh and there was a convention going on as well so the elevators stopped at every floor) to get the keys coded. Finally security had to let me into my room because the front desk could not figure it out. I had to pay to get out of the parking ramp when i w told my room key would let me out. I had to pay extra just to get out of the ramp. The equipment and furniture in the rooms are old and squeaky. they shake when you touch them like they are about to break.
I love Sheraton brand but this particular facility will not be on my staying list anymore.
February 28, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by 27denise Nice hotel
very clean, helpful staff and great location
February 25, 2016