Rated 1 out of 5 by Grommett98 Stay at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
When I checked in it was raining. There were no staff members available to help me with my luggage. My room faced the parking lot. At 3:00 AM a car alarm went off and didn't stop for over 5 minutes. The heater made a loud groaning sound when it came on and turned off. Waking me up several times throughout the night. The remote for the TV didn't work and the TV stations had lots of "snow"" Quality horrible and few channels available. WiFi connection was very slow.
March 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Alex my stay at Sheraton la Jolla
I arrived early in the morning. The person on the reception didn't recognize that I am SPG member. No welcoming smile. The Wi-Fi signal in the room was very slow and in on and off and I couldn't get my work done also I had to go to the lobby and use the hotel computers. The hotel is isolated and away from attractive locations if walking.
March 11, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by DWill04 Negative start to what I thought would be a great family get away.
Where do I begin? I thought I would have a great family get away with the wife and kids, but now this hotel will never see us again.
Being a Platinum member, I used points and upgrade requests to reserve two rooms for my family and our friends. Check in was fine. I wanted the kids to have a little something in the lounge before dinner, yet we were basically shown the door because they only would honor one room for access. Then at 8 PM, we receive a call to try to keep the noise down, are you kidding. Then I get a call from a person that doesn't even work here, who threatens me and my family. Why he has my room number, I don't know. Lastly management now calls at 8:40 again talking about noise, this has to be a joke, right? I tell her it's 8:40, and I don't appreciate the threats from random people, but she doesn't acknowledge. I now tell her I'll do what I can.
I can't wait to check out of this hotel. What a waste of points and suite night rewards. What a way to treat my family and my friends to a nice get away.
Do not Recommend.
January 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Olias Staff Needs Training
I liked this hotel, although it is a bit old and in need of improvement (which is underway). We had some staff problems, from the lack of a bellperson when we arrived to finding a pool attendant to bring towels (none were in any of the bins.) On the plus side, room service food was overall pretty good.
February 24, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by MrsC3 Not a comfortable hotel
I stayed here for the weekend to visit my son in UCSD. Location was very convenient BUT:
- walls are so thin I could hear the people watching TV next door around midnight
- breakfast staff needs to know how to apply the complimentary breakfast coupon; I was almost charged
- I don't like paying extra $13/night for parking
- A/C could not be controlled; I just unplugged it
February 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by kelly29 Great conference location!
Sheraton LaJolla is a great location to hold a corporate conference or any event for that matter. Exceptional customer service and perfect location. The banquet staff goes above and beyond to predict and accommodate the needs of the group.
February 20, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by John8 Night Mare
Your Valet send us to the wrong building then when we check in we found out that we are at the first building that we came. One of the room that we booked supposed to have two double bed and we found out that it does not have any bed at all except a sofa. I am a handicap and I have to walk with crutches again. We request for handicap room but it is not available. During check out you mess up the bill with internet access that I did not use and $22 for parking although I was told that being a handicap I can park at the handicap self park for free. It was a terrible stay and I was very disappointed with the crew.
September 5, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by jacobcu Another terrible Sheraton
This hotel could be so great...but is really quite bad. I have stayed here 3 different times, and found the following items unacceptable:
1) The lighting is ridiculous. You have to turn on every light in the room to reach a decent amount, and then you're sorry you did because...
2) The rooms are not very clean. The carpets are dirty, and the beds have down comforters that have turned yellow from prior guests' sweat. The pillowcases are also too small for the pillows, so I hope you're okay with marginal hygiene.
3) For your comfort, you have the choice of "amazingly cold" or "uncomfortably hot."
4) If you like highway noise, you're in luck. This hotel is right next to the highway, and the windows, if insulated at all, are way too thin to block out any noise. The floors and walls are also extremely thin...so thin that you can hear people in the next room very clearly.
5) Like all Sheratons, the concierge lounge is a joke. With your choice of 3 tired muffins, warm milk and cereal, or fruit (with fruit fly larvae) make this the signature Sheraton breakfast. The lounge is also staffed by either a very hard working woman, or an indifferent college girl who can't be bothered to look away from her computer to even acknowledge you. She will, however, shout "think yeeewww!!!!" (without looking up from her computer) when you leave. I guess that counts for something?
6) Think you'll get a better room because you're Platinum? Think again. I got a room right off the parking lot with used toilet paper on the bathroom floor, plus all manner of plant materials throughout the floor of the room.
7) The room service menu is pathetic and poorly executed. There is very little selection, and the hours of room service operation are ridiculous. The food is generally terrible.
8) The fitness center is big, and even bigger if they were to remove all the equipment that didn't work. My last stay, almost all the cardio equipment was broken.
The Sheraton brand is, in my opinion, the most wildly inconsistent in the world, and this hotel furthers that impression.
November 28, 2011