Rated 3 out of 5 by FrequentTraveller22 Noisy Room
The hotel was what I expected with exception to the noise in the room and the bathroom size. The noise from the air conditioner was extremely loud and there was a dripping sound in the walls that was constant. Also, the bathroom was extremely small and the door was so close to the shower and toilet that it was difficult to move around without having to shut the door. Also, the bed was so close to the wall that you could only get into/out of the bed from one side making it difficult to sleep with two people.
September 12, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by MarkJx Horrible service, shabby rooms
In Dec my wife stayed here. They refused to acknowledge our platinum status (even though she showed it on the app) and placed her in a room overlooking the parking lot while rooms across the hall were noted as SPG. Clearly facing the grounds.Bathroom was outdated, old fixtures, pealing fixtures and wallpaper.
After dinner she called down asking about the differences and was told she was not platinum and refused to tell her. I called platinum ambassador service and they called them directly and placed a complaint. Have never heard once from management! Wow, never staying here again! Worse treatment ever!
January 20, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tired2011 Noisy, bad maintainence on room
Stayed Dec 8-10 in room overlooking the parking lot. Am a frequent business traveler and am used to normal operating noise but this place was like trying to sleep in a freight terminal. Starting at 3:50 AM there was a nonstop proceession of diesel delivery trucks under my window. Even turning up the TV couldn't drown out the noise of back-up beepers, wheeled carts and shouting from delivery trucks. This continued NONSTOP until after 7:00. Stay clear of this location if you want to actually sleep! Shutters in room were broken and very hard to open as several of the slats were unattached. Shower rod in bathroom stuck out so far you can't open bathroom door all the was so it was a dance to step into the bathroom then maneuver yourself to get the door closed to use the commode. Food in restaurant is wonderful but just dine here, don't stay.
December 13, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by DWill04 Negative start to what I thought would be a great family get away.
Where do I begin? I thought I would have a great family get away with the wife and kids, but now this hotel will never see us again.
Being a Platinum member, I used points and upgrade requests to reserve two rooms for my family and our friends. Check in was fine. I wanted the kids to have a little something in the lounge before dinner, yet we were basically shown the door because they only would honor one room for access. Then at 8 PM, we receive a call to try to keep the noise down, are you kidding. Then I get a call from a person that doesn't even work here, who threatens me and my family. Why he has my room number, I don't know. Lastly management now calls at 8:40 again talking about noise, this has to be a joke, right? I tell her it's 8:40, and I don't appreciate the threats from random people, but she doesn't acknowledge. I now tell her I'll do what I can.
I can't wait to check out of this hotel. What a waste of points and suite night rewards. What a way to treat my family and my friends to a nice get away.
Do not Recommend.
January 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by jacobcu Another terrible Sheraton
This hotel could be so great...but is really quite bad. I have stayed here 3 different times, and found the following items unacceptable:
1) The lighting is ridiculous. You have to turn on every light in the room to reach a decent amount, and then you're sorry you did because...
2) The rooms are not very clean. The carpets are dirty, and the beds have down comforters that have turned yellow from prior guests' sweat. The pillowcases are also too small for the pillows, so I hope you're okay with marginal hygiene.
3) For your comfort, you have the choice of "amazingly cold" or "uncomfortably hot."
4) If you like highway noise, you're in luck. This hotel is right next to the highway, and the windows, if insulated at all, are way too thin to block out any noise. The floors and walls are also extremely thin...so thin that you can hear people in the next room very clearly.
5) Like all Sheratons, the concierge lounge is a joke. With your choice of 3 tired muffins, warm milk and cereal, or fruit (with fruit fly larvae) make this the signature Sheraton breakfast. The lounge is also staffed by either a very hard working woman, or an indifferent college girl who can't be bothered to look away from her computer to even acknowledge you. She will, however, shout "think yeeewww!!!!" (without looking up from her computer) when you leave. I guess that counts for something?
6) Think you'll get a better room because you're Platinum? Think again. I got a room right off the parking lot with used toilet paper on the bathroom floor, plus all manner of plant materials throughout the floor of the room.
7) The room service menu is pathetic and poorly executed. There is very little selection, and the hours of room service operation are ridiculous. The food is generally terrible.
8) The fitness center is big, and even bigger if they were to remove all the equipment that didn't work. My last stay, almost all the cardio equipment was broken.
The Sheraton brand is, in my opinion, the most wildly inconsistent in the world, and this hotel furthers that impression.
November 28, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by llww Beautiful rooms and courtyard, but...
In my reservation request, I asked for a quiet room away from pool, elevators, vending and ice. The check-in person proudly informed me that they had a room for me overlooking the pool. She was so crestfallen when I told her I didn't want to be near the pool, that we took it anyway. The room actually had a view of the koi pond, a little away from the pool. The first night was very quiet, but the second night included children running and yelling in the courtyard after 9pm and before 8am the next day. On looking out the window at the beautiful courtyard in the morning, 6 different dogs were out on leashes "doing their business". The courtyard is absolutely beautiful, but don't step on the grass. The room was very clean, comfortable and beautiful. We had a pleasant time in the hotel bar, breakfast in the restaurant was fast and adequate. This hotel is near my family member's home but I will not stay here again. Expensive, noisy.
August 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nick700xx Great hotel, excellent staff.
This hotel is very clean and well maintained. The grounds are attractive with a relaxing atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are plenty of food choices within walking distance including the hotel's restaurant and bar - which are both very good. My one complaint would be the extra fee for parking. In my opinion this should be waived for SPG members and/or those with club access.
September 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Evie Great staff
I have to say as I continue to visit this hotel I am always impressed by the courteous and thoughtful staff. Some even remember me at this point, which has a very positive effect on a weary traveler. It certainly builds loyalty and keeps me coming back, even though there is another Sheraton closer to my destination.
August 22, 2014