Rated 5 out of 5 by NZPZ1122 Landscaping, Pool area and jacuzzi and staff was great - thank you Paul Wheatbread! Great place for rest and relaxation!
Fantastic hotel! Awesome staff service and great amenities. We had such a wonderful stay for our anniversary! Perfect for weekend getaway.
November 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by IntrepidTravelingWoman Nice and comfy
I stayed for 5 nights in one of the rooms in the two story buildings overlooking the pool/fountain area. I was able to open the windows and fall asleep to the sound of the waterfall. Very nice.
November 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by FrequentTraveller22 Noisy Room
The hotel was what I expected with exception to the noise in the room and the bathroom size. The noise from the air conditioner was extremely loud and there was a dripping sound in the walls that was constant. Also, the bathroom was extremely small and the door was so close to the shower and toilet that it was difficult to move around without having to shut the door. Also, the bed was so close to the wall that you could only get into/out of the bed from one side making it difficult to sleep with two people.
September 12, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tired2011 Noisy, bad maintainence on room
Stayed Dec 8-10 in room overlooking the parking lot. Am a frequent business traveler and am used to normal operating noise but this place was like trying to sleep in a freight terminal. Starting at 3:50 AM there was a nonstop proceession of diesel delivery trucks under my window. Even turning up the TV couldn't drown out the noise of back-up beepers, wheeled carts and shouting from delivery trucks. This continued NONSTOP until after 7:00. Stay clear of this location if you want to actually sleep! Shutters in room were broken and very hard to open as several of the slats were unattached. Shower rod in bathroom stuck out so far you can't open bathroom door all the was so it was a dance to step into the bathroom then maneuver yourself to get the door closed to use the commode. Food in restaurant is wonderful but just dine here, don't stay.
December 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stevarino SteveWasHere
Stayed in conjunction with a medical appointment at UCSD. Had a very nice stay, convenient for appointment. Nice walk to dinner at Roy's restaurant. Hotel was very comfortable with a nice discount at lunch!
October 31, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by DWill04 Negative start to what I thought would be a great family get away.
Where do I begin? I thought I would have a great family get away with the wife and kids, but now this hotel will never see us again.
Being a Platinum member, I used points and upgrade requests to reserve two rooms for my family and our friends. Check in was fine. I wanted the kids to have a little something in the lounge before dinner, yet we were basically shown the door because they only would honor one room for access. Then at 8 PM, we receive a call to try to keep the noise down, are you kidding. Then I get a call from a person that doesn't even work here, who threatens me and my family. Why he has my room number, I don't know. Lastly management now calls at 8:40 again talking about noise, this has to be a joke, right? I tell her it's 8:40, and I don't appreciate the threats from random people, but she doesn't acknowledge. I now tell her I'll do what I can.
I can't wait to check out of this hotel. What a waste of points and suite night rewards. What a way to treat my family and my friends to a nice get away.
Do not Recommend.
January 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by SadGuest1 Not the best option in the area
So I am a frequent business traveler who has stayed at this property several times. As a business traveler this hotel does not work.
The issues begin with the check-in process which is consistently slow. The hotel is unable to realize Monday evenings are a busy period for check-ins.
The room service is disgusting. Several of my colleagues agree the food quality is poor. I have tried several items on the menu and never been happy.
The buildings have been renovated, but they still look like barracks from the 1960s. The A/C units in the room are definitely a tribute to the past. They are those wall mounted units that struggle to keep up and make lots of noise.
The gym is sad. All the equipment is old and the TVs don't seem to work.
Staff is often unable to recognize my platinum status (or that I am a regular here) and tends to forget about upgrading the room (or even acknowledging my room request type). The "exec" room is really not that great. However, the regular rooms are small and remind me of a Motel 6.
I recommend this room for the casual family traveler who is just looking for a clean room and a pool. I will not be returning to this property given other upscale properties for the same rate in the vicinity.
October 27, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by jacobcu Another terrible Sheraton
This hotel could be so great...but is really quite bad. I have stayed here 3 different times, and found the following items unacceptable:
1) The lighting is ridiculous. You have to turn on every light in the room to reach a decent amount, and then you're sorry you did because...
2) The rooms are not very clean. The carpets are dirty, and the beds have down comforters that have turned yellow from prior guests' sweat. The pillowcases are also too small for the pillows, so I hope you're okay with marginal hygiene.
3) For your comfort, you have the choice of "amazingly cold" or "uncomfortably hot."
4) If you like highway noise, you're in luck. This hotel is right next to the highway, and the windows, if insulated at all, are way too thin to block out any noise. The floors and walls are also extremely thin...so thin that you can hear people in the next room very clearly.
5) Like all Sheratons, the concierge lounge is a joke. With your choice of 3 tired muffins, warm milk and cereal, or fruit (with fruit fly larvae) make this the signature Sheraton breakfast. The lounge is also staffed by either a very hard working woman, or an indifferent college girl who can't be bothered to look away from her computer to even acknowledge you. She will, however, shout "think yeeewww!!!!" (without looking up from her computer) when you leave. I guess that counts for something?
6) Think you'll get a better room because you're Platinum? Think again. I got a room right off the parking lot with used toilet paper on the bathroom floor, plus all manner of plant materials throughout the floor of the room.
7) The room service menu is pathetic and poorly executed. There is very little selection, and the hours of room service operation are ridiculous. The food is generally terrible.
8) The fitness center is big, and even bigger if they were to remove all the equipment that didn't work. My last stay, almost all the cardio equipment was broken.
The Sheraton brand is, in my opinion, the most wildly inconsistent in the world, and this hotel furthers that impression.
November 28, 2011