Rated 5 out of 5 by Amoss129 THe hotel is well located and of high standard
We loved staying at the hotel. Big room, nice fitness room, good club lounge service and freidly staff. I am glad I chose this hotel.
October 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mia24 PSE Membership coordinator
Beautiful grounds and well kept up facilities throughout the hotel.
October 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rich27 My Review
Rooms were clean. Staff was great. Close to amenities (Highway, beach, food, etc.).
September 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by siena1 Such a relief!
We were on vacation in Mission Beach when our Mom was admitted to the hospital. She was very ill. We had to move from our beach house and couldnt find a hotel by the hospital as it was Labor Day weekend. We were so fortunate to be able to stay at the Sheraton La Jolla for 5 nights. Everyone was so helpful, kind and the room was so comfortable for my sister and me after long days at Scripps. I cannot thank everyone at the hotel enough for everything. We will come back again but this time for a vacation from Arizona.
September 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Evie Great staff
I have to say as I continue to visit this hotel I am always impressed by the courteous and thoughtful staff. Some even remember me at this point, which has a very positive effect on a weary traveler. It certainly builds loyalty and keeps me coming back, even though there is another Sheraton closer to my destination.
August 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Peggy55 Room Features
The room was clean, nicely appointed. The bathroom was a tight fit. Starbucks coffee in the room was a nice touch. The bed and pillows....amazing. Worth the cost of the room.
August 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by geria Great location
This was our 3rd stay at this hotel.
September 4, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by jacobcu Another terrible Sheraton
This hotel could be so great...but is really quite bad. I have stayed here 3 different times, and found the following items unacceptable:
1) The lighting is ridiculous. You have to turn on every light in the room to reach a decent amount, and then you're sorry you did because...
2) The rooms are not very clean. The carpets are dirty, and the beds have down comforters that have turned yellow from prior guests' sweat. The pillowcases are also too small for the pillows, so I hope you're okay with marginal hygiene.
3) For your comfort, you have the choice of "amazingly cold" or "uncomfortably hot."
4) If you like highway noise, you're in luck. This hotel is right next to the highway, and the windows, if insulated at all, are way too thin to block out any noise. The floors and walls are also extremely thin...so thin that you can hear people in the next room very clearly.
5) Like all Sheratons, the concierge lounge is a joke. With your choice of 3 tired muffins, warm milk and cereal, or fruit (with fruit fly larvae) make this the signature Sheraton breakfast. The lounge is also staffed by either a very hard working woman, or an indifferent college girl who can't be bothered to look away from her computer to even acknowledge you. She will, however, shout "think yeeewww!!!!" (without looking up from her computer) when you leave. I guess that counts for something?
6) Think you'll get a better room because you're Platinum? Think again. I got a room right off the parking lot with used toilet paper on the bathroom floor, plus all manner of plant materials throughout the floor of the room.
7) The room service menu is pathetic and poorly executed. There is very little selection, and the hours of room service operation are ridiculous. The food is generally terrible.
8) The fitness center is big, and even bigger if they were to remove all the equipment that didn't work. My last stay, almost all the cardio equipment was broken.
The Sheraton brand is, in my opinion, the most wildly inconsistent in the world, and this hotel furthers that impression.
November 28, 2011