Rated 2 out of 5 by Bibis Birthday Special rates
I have been trying to get a refund for an overcharge for ten days now. I cannot get anyone to return my phone call nor can I get them to issue a credit. A credit for one night was issued but still waiting for the second night. The rule states that the first night is the rate of $109 and the second and third night are billed at the year of your birthday. Mine is 1927, but they billed me for $109 for each night. After pointing out the mistake they said they would fix it, but only fixed one night. Who does that? I am 88 years old and I am on a fixed income. Please issue my credit.
October 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Crow0 Sheridan Augusta GA
Excellent Hotel! Clean, comfortable; Associates went above and beyond to make us comfortable and was there for anything we needed!
Wish we could have stayed longer!
October 11, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by BigBill Negative Surprise
Being that this is a new hotel, down the street from one of the world's most famous golf courses which arguably hosts the world's most famous golf tone-a-mint, I expected a better than average hotel. I found one lacking.
The room was small on an SPG floor, cheaply outfitted with minimal room amenities. HVAC unit very balky, heating when A/C turned off, very small bath, all the conversations in the hall came into the room, every early waker and of course their slamming doors.
Club amenities among the weakest encountered, cardboard good and undinkable "coffee".
The front desk staff was generally nice and parking was free.
October 6, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by DoggoneWeekend Great hotel, less than stellar staff
A simple weekend trip became a comedy of errors with the staff, with multiple mistakes by the staff, and no one seeming to know what was going on. What was meant to be a simple 2-room, 2-night stay for myself, friends, and our dogs, became a nightmare of paperwork and conversations with the front desk:
1) On the reservation, I indicated we'd be traveling with our dogs, and requested we be on the first or second floor (the only place dogs are allowed) with adjacent rooms. I also called ahead to make sure they got the note - but when I'd arrived, they'd upgraded us to the Club floor, where pets aren't allowed - and thus had to book us on opposite sides of the building.
2) After a flight delay for me and car trouble for friends, I called the hotel the afternoon of our arrival and let them know we'd be arriving the following morning (e.g. after our first night), to make sure they didn't cancel the reservation. I was assured everything was fine, but when I showed up, the front desk indicated we'd been marked "no shows"
3) After correcting that (and finding our rooms separate), I told the front desk that the friends would be arriving within an hour or two, and asked to leave the keys for the second room with the desk so that I could grab a quick nap without having to wake up to check them in. They assured me it would be fine - yet when the friends arrived, the second room they'd checked me into had been wholly cancelled, and we had to complete an entirely new booking, ending my hopes of a quick nap.
4) When checking out, I tried to have them print receipts for all of this - and yet charges were made to the card not on the receipt, related to the hotel's screw ups, that required sorting out.
5) I requested 4pm late checkout and the hotel confirmed that'd be fine, but when I tried to go back to my room at 2:00pm, my key no longer worked. After two trips to the front desk, and a visit by maintenance, it still didn't work. Housekeeping had to let me in the room because they couldn't program a key that worked.
While I understand mistakes happen, and when plans change things can get complex, Starwood properties have always excelled at making the stay wonderful. This was the first that didn't live up to that bar.
The staff at the hotel bar/restaurant, however, were absolutely fantastic as we commiserated over the stress of the trip.
As for the hotel itself, the rooms are relatively new and clean-ish. The bathrooms are spacious and new - not the usual late-90s retro feel of hotels in the area. The only downside is the shower heads are old and the water pressure leaves a lot to be desired; the light mode felt like standing under a mist that barely made it 6 inches from the showerhead, and the 'high pressure' mode was more like standing under a weak faucet. That said, the dogs were able to find all sorts of surprise "treats" under the bed, in the hallways, and in the lobby - so it's clear that the cleaning is limited to what's visible.
July 17, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by FrustratedCustomer213 Ok rooms poor organization and support
Overall the rooms and facilities were fine. Unfortunately they let themselves down in some administrative areas.
A. They stuffed up putting my SPG on multiple stays
B. They only sent me 1 receipt from 4 stays
C. Their customer service when trying to track receipts sucked and took a long time to lead nowhere.
D They were incapable of adding green choice to your room from the front desk. You had to hang something on your door which on some occasions i couldn't find within my room.
June 7, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tbubblz Enjoyable Stay
I was in Augusta for work and chose to stay at the Sheraton even though there are other hotels closer to my. I made a VERY good decision.
The food was great and the bar/restaurant staff was very helpful, which made overall stay very enjoyable.
January 15, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bstay2yrs Hotel has great features but...
I have been staying at this hotel for the last 2 years. I would like to see the elevators scrubbed clean and the smell improved. The carpet in the lobby and on each floor is warn and needs to be replaced.
September 26, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by sdfsa Not up to standards
We've traveled to various Sheraton properties across the country and the Augusta location by far disappointed us. From the not so friendly hotel staff to the subpar overall experience, we will not be returning as guests nor recommending to our community of friends, coworkers, or family members.
July 20, 2015