Rated 1 out of 5 by DoggoneWeekend Great hotel, less than stellar staff
A simple weekend trip became a comedy of errors with the staff, with multiple mistakes by the staff, and no one seeming to know what was going on. What was meant to be a simple 2-room, 2-night stay for myself, friends, and our dogs, became a nightmare of paperwork and conversations with the front desk:
1) On the reservation, I indicated we'd be traveling with our dogs, and requested we be on the first or second floor (the only place dogs are allowed) with adjacent rooms. I also called ahead to make sure they got the note - but when I'd arrived, they'd upgraded us to the Club floor, where pets aren't allowed - and thus had to book us on opposite sides of the building.
2) After a flight delay for me and car trouble for friends, I called the hotel the afternoon of our arrival and let them know we'd be arriving the following morning (e.g. after our first night), to make sure they didn't cancel the reservation. I was assured everything was fine, but when I showed up, the front desk indicated we'd been marked "no shows"
3) After correcting that (and finding our rooms separate), I told the front desk that the friends would be arriving within an hour or two, and asked to leave the keys for the second room with the desk so that I could grab a quick nap without having to wake up to check them in. They assured me it would be fine - yet when the friends arrived, the second room they'd checked me into had been wholly cancelled, and we had to complete an entirely new booking, ending my hopes of a quick nap.
4) When checking out, I tried to have them print receipts for all of this - and yet charges were made to the card not on the receipt, related to the hotel's screw ups, that required sorting out.
5) I requested 4pm late checkout and the hotel confirmed that'd be fine, but when I tried to go back to my room at 2:00pm, my key no longer worked. After two trips to the front desk, and a visit by maintenance, it still didn't work. Housekeeping had to let me in the room because they couldn't program a key that worked.
While I understand mistakes happen, and when plans change things can get complex, Starwood properties have always excelled at making the stay wonderful. This was the first that didn't live up to that bar.
The staff at the hotel bar/restaurant, however, were absolutely fantastic as we commiserated over the stress of the trip.
As for the hotel itself, the rooms are relatively new and clean-ish. The bathrooms are spacious and new - not the usual late-90s retro feel of hotels in the area. The only downside is the shower heads are old and the water pressure leaves a lot to be desired; the light mode felt like standing under a mist that barely made it 6 inches from the showerhead, and the 'high pressure' mode was more like standing under a weak faucet. That said, the dogs were able to find all sorts of surprise "treats" under the bed, in the hallways, and in the lobby - so it's clear that the cleaning is limited to what's visible.
July 17, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by FrustratedCustomer213 Ok rooms poor organization and support
Overall the rooms and facilities were fine. Unfortunately they let themselves down in some administrative areas.
A. They stuffed up putting my SPG on multiple stays
B. They only sent me 1 receipt from 4 stays
C. Their customer service when trying to track receipts sucked and took a long time to lead nowhere.
D They were incapable of adding green choice to your room from the front desk. You had to hang something on your door which on some occasions i couldn't find within my room.
June 7, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tbubblz Enjoyable Stay
I was in Augusta for work and chose to stay at the Sheraton even though there are other hotels closer to my. I made a VERY good decision.
The food was great and the bar/restaurant staff was very helpful, which made overall stay very enjoyable.
January 15, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bstay2yrs Hotel has great features but...
I have been staying at this hotel for the last 2 years. I would like to see the elevators scrubbed clean and the smell improved. The carpet in the lobby and on each floor is warn and needs to be replaced.
September 26, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by sdfsa Not up to standards
We've traveled to various Sheraton properties across the country and the Augusta location by far disappointed us. From the not so friendly hotel staff to the subpar overall experience, we will not be returning as guests nor recommending to our community of friends, coworkers, or family members.
July 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by HarleyRG2011 Outstanding Ashley May
On Sunday, May 10, 2015, I booked a room for two nights at the above named hotel. I booked the room for family members who were attending to the needs of another family member who was in the Joseph M. Still Burn Center. I checked in Ms. Ashley May, which was the evening desk clerk. Ms. May was very friendly and accommodating. She saw to it that my family was upgraded to the executive floor, and given all the perks of the executive lounge. This made life much easier for my family, as they were able to get restful sleep and eat breakfast before leaving for the hospital each morning.
May 12, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by KGSPG Southern Hospitality
The staff was so welcoming and friendly throughout the stay. They seemed genuinely interested in us enjoying our stay.
April 28, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by blarmon Clean, Comfortable and Convienent Hotel
I stayed at this property for pretty much the month of December and a few weeks into January 2015. While there is nothing here over the top, the rooms were clean and modern. I enjoyed the club level snacks in the evenings although they were fairly limited. All of the staff at the hotel was very nice in my experience. The gym is tucked away past the front desk but has nice equipment and clean. It is a very small work out area and not really any equipment (only free weights and cardio). The steakhouse in the lobby is awesome. I had quite a few dinners here and enjoyed each and everyone of them. If business allows, I'd definately return to this hotel as it central to doing business in the Augusta area, close to I20 and has loads of restuarants, grocery stores etc around.
February 11, 2015