Rated 5 out of 5 by evrtnfc Great hotel for Heathrow
Have stayed here many times, rooms are a good size, comfortable bed, staff are always helpful and accommodating, food is pricey but it's an airport hotel in London, so to be expected. Fly through Heathrow regularly, and would say this is best value for price paid in the area
August 25, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by AlwaysFlying Standard for the area.
Firstly, compared to its sister hotel down the road, the Skyline wins hands down.
We did encounter a few glitches upon checkin. My partner checked in without me due to my incoming flight being delayed. I thought this was covered by asking my SPG Ambassador to notify the hotel whilst I was inflight. Sadly, my partner was not made to feel welcome and said that they felt like the checkin staff though something dodgy was happening. Not the best of starts. In the end though an upgraded room was given, and all seemed to be well.
Breakfast is a good spread. Hotel is quite busy as various crews stay there.
August 24, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by rjthome58 this hotel has great bar
staff is outstanding in all areas
August 9, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChrisSFO Well run airport hotel, great staff
I stayed here multiple times this year, and each time was a pleasant experience.
This is a well run airport hotel, efficient and friendly staff, comfortable rooms, reasonable pricing even in times when capacity is tighter.
Would come back any time.
Only thing the hotel might want to consider is the dining options. The main venue is an Indian place which might not cater to the mainstream traveler who stays in airport hotels, and the sports bar only offers very simple (and not overly healthy) dishes.
July 28, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tryingtosleepandfailing27 Simply a bad hotel
I stay overnight at Heathrow between flights often. This was my first (and most certainly last) stay at this property.
- Rooms are shabby and badly maintained, my room has *two* light bulbs that do not work, none of the electrical plugs on the desk work.
- Climate control did not work at all, spewed tepid air at low fan speed only, maintenance turned up after 30 minutes, partially disassembled the ceiling and the AC Unit, fixed the issue somewhat (temperature crept down over the next hour from unbearable 25 degrees C to 22 C, unit was set to 20C, did not ever reach that). Maintenance happily informed me that was a "common" problem, other reviews mention it as well. After checking in at 9pm to get enough sleep before an 8am long haul, I am not pleased. And still awake.
- Staff is sluggish at best, entirely unresponsive at worst.
- Connecting doors between rooms are paper-thin, so sleep was impossible until my inebriated room neighbor finally turned his "adult" movie off. Unpleasant. Then again, the room is basically too hot to sleep in anyhow. All this might be more bearable if you're deaf and visit during winter.
- Obviously the "facility" did not "meet my expectations" at £170/night. Excellent phrasing in your ratings section, though. "Facility" really does hit the nail on the head.
- I will not try any food offerings in the morning, as I am feeling I'll be much better off in my airline's lounge. Cannot wait to leave this facility.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU STAY AT THIS FACILITY.
July 27, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Laser Inadequate air conditioning.
This hotel has a chronic problem with the air conditioning units in the rooms. I have stayed here numerous times as my employer has booked the room, not me. Every time, the air conditioning units put out slightly cool to tepid, at best, air when you have the thermostat set at 15 celsius. My rooms never got cooler than 23 celsius. Terrible sleeping temperature especially in light of the warm duvet that is placed on the bed-only. No sheets, etc. The management doesn't seem to be concerned with the problem but attempted to fix it during one of my stays. At that time, the maintenance worker removed the in-room A/C filter which was completely encapsulated in lint. Disgusting. No wonder the A/C never works as apparently the entire system suffers from gross neglect. If you're looking for a goods night sleep after a long flight, you will not find it here.
July 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrLar Best Lounge staff
I have stayed here up to what feels like 30 times. Nice layoff hotel near Heathrow. Easy access to rental cars, and the airport. Rooms are clean, room service is always good.
As a platinum, the benefit of the lounge is awesome. Always a place for wine and working on my laptop with snacks. I WISH the lounge would OFFER a tip jar in the lounge, as all food and snacks are free, and the employees service is quite nice.
I continually return to this hotel due to its staff in the lounge.
July 9, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jackie1628 Value for money
Normal Sheraton standard but breakfast is good. Club lounge is small and crowded during happy hour which makes you less happy than anticipated. Overall is still a value for money choice.
July 3, 2016