Rated 1 out of 5 by YB12 Should lowered to a category 1 or 2!
Arrived to a room with a terrible stench, and missing the crib & refrigerator we requested. I was switched to a new room with a worse view, lower floor, and better smell (for the first half hour until the spray went away), but it had the things we requested. Shower was great, but the sheets felt like plastic - We couldn't sleep. The Pool area was not well taken care of at all. The hotel tried tagging on additional charges for valet and fridge when we didn't use the valet & and they never mentioned the additional charge for the fridge until checkout. We cut our stay short b/c we completely unsatisfied with our stay here and we went elsewhere!
August 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by hoby This hotel did not meet my expectations.
Sheraton was so good in the beginning, so good that we went to this hotel specifically, for our last two We had snacks and WIFI included with our room and we did not have to pay $ 50.00 extra. When we came for the third time and probably last time, we came to check in the people at the front desk gave us a room at a really low level and they said this was the only room available, we were a little disappointed. Then suddenly after we chose our room they said want snacks you have to pay $ 50.00 extra, We got shocked and really disappointed with what we just heard. We went up to our room and the beds were not clean, they had orange and black stains. I was very disappointed and not satisfied at all. I am probably not coming again.
August 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BearPair Sheraton Atlantic City - Average
Atlantic City is a troubled city, but the Sheraton continues to be "average" which says a lot. It is a perfectly pleasant location, convenient to all attractions, clean and comfortable. You will however, die of absolute boredom because at the property there is NOTHING to do. The attached restaurant is not directly accessible from the hotel; the pool is laughable and you're far enough away from everything to keep it from being a vibrant or interesting place to stay. So, I can't really complain and I also can't rave either.
August 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bugle11 Horrendous service
The bed was too soft...now one in either room booked slept well.
Breakfast was a disaster. Dining room opened at 6:30....it took 10 minutes to place an order....the other two customers were having the buffet. It took 20 minutes to get a bagel; the egg solders were in edible; the yoghurt w/berries and protein shake had not come by 7:00...inspire of frequent requests and the revelation that my party had a tee time to meet. The manager at the front desk , upon hearing my complaint, said " what should do about it? That's food and beverage, not me". It then took 10 minutes to get my car from valet parking...with no one else waiting. I will never stay at this hotel again and will strongly recommend that the All-Eastern Music Educators remove this hotel dorm it's " recommended" list for our 2016 convention. I am on the host committee.. Frank Hughes
August 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by travelfrequent Awful Customer Service
Small guest rooms, inattentive front desk staff, did not bring up extra towels as requested, printer in lounge did not work; general manager did not return guest call.
August 22, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 Not the best.
Not the best place to stay. Bullet points:
1. When we got there there was no attention by valet staff, I had to carry my own luggage in to the hotel (3 trips). Had to then ask a bell man who stood in front of me for 10 mins who watched me carry by bags in several trips.
2. We got in at like 8pm and our room was not ready, still being cleaned!!??? We called and gave them the info when we would arrive.
3. We were told a room by the desk after finally it was ready, we went up there...still being cleaned, crib arrived, then the bell man comes in and tell us we are in the wrong room which front desk never told us, but written a different room that what he told us. I haul the crib myself to a different floor.
4. Carpets lookslike they have not been steam cleaned in 10 years..stains in many areas.
5. Sheets on bed had cigarette stains and blood stains on myside of the bed...went down everyday for 3 days and talked to the front desk to have bedding changed. Called manager to the room and showed him and demanded it be done (3 DAYS!!!!). manager gave excuses like communication error, etc. He gave us a free buffet card.
6. Buffet--aboslutely horrid...took us 20 mins to get seated, ithe room was only half full, the person atthe front desk seating people was so slow (we were second in line!). Tok another 10 mins to get a highchair by the person waiting on us, another 10 mins for drinks. Food was less quality, eggs overcooked (scrambled) not a lot of variety, not hot...not worth the 16.95 per person at all.. if we paid I would have been angrier.
7. I think you get the point, be wary.
August 20, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Biztraveler215 Smelly Room and Poor Customer Service
I had a terrible experience here with the staff and the front desk manager seems to be extremely defensive because of his feelings for his staff. We were given a room that had a terrible smell of urine, which was on the 4th floor and the staff didn't want to help us change the room. The staff here gets quite defensive and providing customer service is not consistent across the board. But in their defense not all members were bad.
August 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Sambo800 Walls are thin
This is a nice hotel. Bathrooms were clean. Room was good size. The problem was you could hear every sound that came from the hallway. Some people decided to have a party next door to our room and were yelling and singing till 4am. At one point security called and the party went silent but a few minutes later they were at it again. I was with my wife and 2 kids so I was not able to out and lay waste to the party...they dodge a bullet for sure. I dont understand how the Hotel could allow this to go on.
August 11, 2014